Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

It could have been a stupid bet , doesn't mean Geno borrowed money from IK like many are implying here.

it's already been established it was over an airline ticket that Geno was supposed to repay Psycho LBer for because he missed his charity football camp in Texas b/c a close friend of Geno's got killed down here in Miami in a motorcycle accident 

Another opinion poll.

Was that before all of Genos stats went up last season?

Are you going to tell me that Geno was worse than Bortles?  Vick?  Others?

You'd trust my opinion (or yours) over professional talent evaluators?  For what it's worth, I'd trust them over my opinion (though maybe you wouldn't over yours).

Possibly. Unless the team voted him off the team than it may have been the case.

Again I didn't like Bowles statement at all!

Why haven't they cut Richardson?

You can't have a double standard here.

IK attacked his own team mate, Richardson smoked some pot a few times and got caught speeding...I don't see a double standard. Richardson has also proven himself as one of the top DEs in the game and cutting him wouldn't save us cap space so whats the point in letting another team get him?

IK attacked his own team mate, Richardson smoked some pot a few times and got caught speeding...I don't see a double standard. Richardson has also proven himself as one of the top DEs in the game and cutting him wouldn't save us cap space so whats the point in letting another team get him?

The point is Bowles statement. He said ANY player. I call BS.

The Jets were not going to win anything with Geno , I heard the fight was over money ,I like to see how the rookie play

That's how we got into this mess to begin with. Sanchez and Geno both rookies thrown into a situation twgy weren't ready for. Can we please please please groom a QB for a few years?

He apparently shoved his finger in his face and didn't pay his debts along with probably acting like an all a round a$$hole to the guy. This is the guy your defending. Should he have gotten punched in the face, no probably should of handled it better. But did Geno Smith deserve it, most likely yes.

And if IK punched out Revis and broke his jaw , no one here would care about the reason and IK would be instantly villified. Because it happened to Geno who many here hate, there's ample amount of justification to blame him. 

You'd trust my opinion (or yours) over professional talent evaluators?  For what it's worth, I'd trust them over my opinion (though maybe you wouldn't over yours).

So in your opinion Vick was better than Geno?

Bortles?  Anyone on Tenn?

You need a poll for that one

And if IK punched out Revis and broke his jaw , no one here would care about the reason and IK would be instantly villified. Because it happened to Geno who many here hate, there's ample amount of justification to blame him. 

exactly.

Borrowed? Or won? 

Whatever. 

Character or lack thereof has been an issue of Geno's literally from Day 1 when he fired his agent and hired Jay-Z's management. Geno has been a piece of sh*t ever since.  As evidenced by dic-pic accusations, getting booted off flights, missing meetings ... and like his bad on-field play, there's an excuse for every chapter.  

Anyway, getting knocked the F out is absolutely a byproduct of poor character - doesn't happen to leaders. Ever.

Nope leaders and innocent people never get knocked out  - WTF are you smoking.

So in your opinion Vick was better than Geno?

Bortles?  Anyone on Tenn?

You need a poll for that one

I don't think this poll compared starters to backups.  I think it was starters to starters.  So it's really Geno vs other teams' starters.  I didn't really see Bortles play.  I'd still trust the professional coaches/talent evaluators over my own opinion on that subject though. 

For what it's worth, though, I do think Vick played better than Geno (though it's not saying much).

And how does that apply to the discussion here? Revis is well respected around the league and one of the best players in the game. He's also a leader, something that Geno is none of. Their's a reason why Geno is baked in controversy and Revis is a well respected player who teammates like.

Nope leaders and innocent people never get knocked out  - WTF are you smoking.

And among other things, locker room leaders don't need legions of apologists within their fan base either. The promise of Geno relies on excuses.  

How much smoke and heat does one need before recognizing a fire? How strong must the odor be before poop is identified? 

And even before the punch, there wasn't a team in the league that would trade a bag of footballs for Geno. 

I don't think this poll compared starters to backups.  I think it was starters to starters.  So it's really Geno vs other teams' starters.  I didn't really see Bortles play.  I'd still trust the professional coaches/talent evaluators over my own opinion on that subject though. 

Bortles was a starter and played like someone learning to play NFL QB.  Difference is he is excused as a young QB who has to learn how to play, Geno isn't given that latitude.  Vick started 5 games.  You saw him, he was worse than Geno.  Tenn started no one who played well.  So while Geno has his issues he isnt the worst starter in the league.  He is what he is.  A young QB who accross the board improved from year 1 to year 2 and looked from everyones assessment in camp to be on his way to another year of improvement.  The progression that most young, inexperienced NFL need to go through.  Always been the point 

And how does that apply to the discussion here? Revis is well respected around the league and one of the best players in the game. He's also a leader, something that Geno is none of. Their's a reason why Geno is baked in controversy and Revis is a well respected player who teammates like.

Right because respected people never get in trouble and get knocked out - Nice world you live in.

And among other things, locker room leaders don't need legions of apologists within their fan base either. The promise of Geno relies on excuses.  

How much smoke and heat does one need before recognizing a fire? How strong must the odor be before poop is identified? 

And even before the punch, there wasn't a team in the league that would trade a bag of footballs for Geno. 

So it's ok for him to get knocked out because he's not a leader. If he had won 10 games the previous season would it still be ok  to knock out this non-leader. 

• Upvote 1

Right because respected people never get in trouble and get knocked out - Nice world you live in.

I have yet to hear of a starting qb in the NFL getting punched in the face by a teammate. Considering all the other controversy Geno's been in, dick picks, cursing fans, missing meetings, and getting thrown off a plane something tells me the kids a moron who doesn't know how to get out of his own way. The reason why Geno gets punched in the face and not Revis is because Revis is well liked on the team and knows how to stay out of trouble. Geno doesn't.