Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

No, that's not what happened at all.

This thread is like the worst game of Telephone ever.

Geno was trying to get IK to watch Killer Clowns from Outer Space with him and then IK stood him up. And then Geno was like dude I was trying to introduce you to ironic cinema why'd you bail? And that's when IK punched him in the mouth. All over a movie.

• Upvote 4

Geno was trying to get IK to watch Killer Clowns from Outer Space with him and then IK stood him up. And then Geno was like dude I was trying to introduce you to ironic cinema why'd you bail? And that's when IK punched him in the mouth. All over a movie.

That movie scared the sh*t outta me as a kid. It was great.

Agreed. I don't want Petty to see the field in any regular-season action this year.

Definitely agree. I was adamant about Geno not starting right away. Rex's insistence on winning the Snoopy Bowl, getting Sanchez murdered and forcing Geno into the uncontested starting roll for 2 years pllus coddeling him probably doomed any chance for him to grow up. The Bills are almost lucky they didn't have a first round pick for a rookie QB to give Rex this year. His handling of QB's was all time awful

Do we know what actually happened outside the $600 and Geno's jaw getting broke?

It mostly came down to the new Fantastic Four movie. IK is a huge Josh Trank fan, so when he started hearing that the studio was putting the blame on Trank for the movie flopping, he tried explaining it to Geno and Geno replied that he wasn't into comic book movies but he saw Chronicle and thought it kinda sucked. Then IK tried explaining the cool premise behind it but Geno just shrugged it off and said that he was more into comedies, and he gave Dumb and Dumber To as an example of a good movie. And that was pretty much the last straw.

It mostly came down to the new Fantastic Four movie. IK is a huge Josh Trank fan, so when he started hearing that the studio was putting the blame on Trank for the movie flopping, he tried explaining it to Geno and Geno replied that he wasn't into comic book movies but he saw Chronicle and thought it kinda sucked. Then IK tried explaining the cool premise behind it but Geno just shrugged it off and said that he was more into comedies, and he gave Dumb and Dumber To as an example of a good movie. And that was pretty much the last straw.

This is just a stupid miscommunication. IK could have explained this new fantastic 4 looks like it has barely anything to do with the comic

Geno told IK that Deckard was a replicant.

IK doesn't deal well with spoilers.

If the brother got hurt, I'd think Geno could have caught a later flight....who knows...amazing how many different reports there are

I just listened to an interview.  Someone close to Geno was killed in a motorcycle accident a couple of days before the event held by IK

Anyone posting IK's twitter content from today in the thread... it's good sh*t... 

https://twitter.com/IKEnemkpali

I hit two geno for two reason.. 1. They told me too. 2. Ain't no one finna tryin to play for the Jets haha

A list of everyone that has thanked me over the past hours

CMJ-Q1LUMAAEvBl.jpg

2 retweets2 favorites
Retweet

Favorite

I don't know where ppl are stating Geno approached IK, b/c all day its been the other way around.  IK approached Geno about the money again, words were said, geno poked him in the chest and then got coldcocked.  If thats all it takes for you to swing at me I'll make sure never to do any business with you! lol

EDIT: Just so its clear, I do partly blame Geno as this scenario should never have played out.  This is not how a leader handles his business.  Once again as I've stated before, Geno doesn't have the maturity to be a NFL QB.  But no he doesn't nor does anyone deserve to be coldcocked for anything other than self-defense.

IMO Geno is done as a Jet. There is no way anyone is ever going to follow him into battle.  I believe Macc will try to trade or dump Geno after the season.

Looking back I agree that isn't grounds to get clocked but you need to know your environment. NFL players aren't generally smart. As the leader of the team he shouldn't be in this situation in the first place and sticking his finger in another mans FACE is just stupid and clearly put the team at risk. IK was wrong but so was Geno

• Upvote 1

No, that's not what happened at all.

This thread is like the worst game of Telephone ever.

Not what happened AT ALL? I guess the reports of Geno sticking his finger in is face by Rapoport was false. And Schefter reporting he owed him money from a flight. My apologies.

Not what happened AT ALL? I guess the reports of Geno sticking his finger in is face by Rapoport was false. And Schefter reporting he owed him money from a flight. My apologies.

It's true. They have a leaked transcript of Geno after the punch.

Geno: I'm sorry, Sir. It's just a difference of opinion that got out of hand.

Bowles: What about?

Geno: It's really too silly to talk about, Sir. I'd really just forget about...

Bowles: I don't give a damn about what you'd rather forget about. Why were you two fighting?

Geno: I said, the Kirby Silver Surfer was the only real Silver Surfer. And that the Moebius Silver Surfer was sh*t. And IK's a big Moebius fan. And it got of hand. He punched me. I lost my head, Sir. I'm Sorry.

• Upvote 3

How do you know? Not contesting it... could care less, it's funny... but how would you tell? I don't use twatter much.

Here's what it says:

"NOT THE REAL GUY!!! PARODY ACCOUNT. Not affiliated with the Jets, NFL, or IK.. Doing NFL favors since 2015"

It's true. They have a leaked transcript of Geno after the punch.

Geno: I'm sorry, Sir. It's just a difference of opinion that got out of hand.

Bowles: What about?

Geno: It's really too silly to talk about, Sir. I'd really just forget about...

Bowles: I don't give a damn about what you'd rather forget about. Why were you two fighting?

Geno: I said, the Kirby Silver Surfer was the only real Silver Surfer. And that the Moebius Silver Surfer was sh*t. And IK's a big Moebius fan. And it got of hand. He punched me. I lost my head, Sir. I'm Sorry.

Comic nerd, is ant man worth watching? need a movie to throw on

I thought Jets Nation fans hated Geno until I heard Boomer just trashing him every which way on NFL Network. Completely unproffesional.

I think people defending IK, and applauding Geno being hurt are idiots. All the macho bullsh*t the former players are coming up with as well just makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with people. Ray Rice decking his wife in an elevator and the battered woman defending him to her last breath, Adrian Peterson whipping a four year old with a switch and then being completely indignant that he was not "supported", Jets fans happy that their starting QB was injured by a thug.

Just sort of repugnant to me. Violence is actually NEVER the answer.

In terms of Geno, I suspect it is more than just Geno not paying the $600. 

All I know is we are a worse football team tonight. Fitz is a journeyman nobody with a bum leg and an arm Chadrick-esque in strength. Expecting him to light it up is unrealistic.  IK was a promising rushing depth and ST player.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Comic nerd, is ant man worth watching? need a movie to throw on

If you think you'd enjoy a cookie cutter superhero flick laced with bad jokes, forced ab shots, and a really stupid training montage; all set to a soundtrack that sounds like sh*t laced with intermittent scenes featuring a latent and racist token Latino sidekick, then sure, it's worth watching.

Geno's debt-settling pace is about as slow as his ability to drop back and process the play .  I always thought this team was in better hands with Fitzpatrick, who has had some success in the Gailey offense, eventually passing it on to Petty in the next 1-3 years.  I don't think Geno has what it takes.  It sucks for him that things went down like this, and IK is an idiot who deserves what he got.  But this could be serendipity for Jets fans.

• Upvote 1

If you think you'd enjoy a cookie cutter superhero flick laced with bad jokes, forced ab shots, and a really stupid training montage; all set to a soundtrack that sounds like sh*t laced with intermittent scenes featuring a latent and racist token Latino sidekick, then sure, it's worth watching.

That sounds mostly great, but Latino's stealing our sidekick jobs? I'll try Magic Mike XXL