Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

Where did Clark supposedly get this info? I read Clark saying that he knew IK and that he was "tight with money." Clark went to LSU and IK Louisiana Tech. I assume they have some connection.

Josina Anderson is literally the only person whose "source" outright defends Geno while literally everyone else--including his coach and players who were around the incident--implicates Geno. Given that Anderson is a blowjob queen who gets her info from various johns around the league, I'm going to guess that she's the one whose info is less than valuable here.

• Upvote 2

Josina Anderson is literally the only person whose "source" outright defends Geno while literally everyone else--including his coach and players who were around the incident--implicates Geno. Given that Anderson is a blowjob queen who gets her info from various johns around the league, I'm going to guess that she's the one whose info is less than valuable here.

Isn't she tightest with Bowles?

There's a big correlation between low IQ and blaming Geno for IK Enemkpali punching him.

How much was IK going to make in league minimum salary this year?  $435K?  I don't care if Geno spat in his face and said word to yo Mama  what a moron.

THANK YOU!!!!!!   

CLARK: GENO, IK IN 'EACH OTHER'S FACE'

ESPN's Ryan Clark said his sources, including IK Enemkpali, confirmed the Geno Smith altercation surrounded "slights and camps not attended." Clark said, while it was "an inexcusable act ... it wasn't a 'sucker-punch.'

Taken with massive grain of salt.  I will go with Bowles statement.  

Joe Caporoso is going into blame the fans zone with his blog.

You can continue to post this a thousand times and it wont matter.

The truth is that there is a small but vocal contingent group of Jets fans who just don't get it and think that players getting hurt, their players, getting hurt is some kind of joke.  And it is not.

I saw when Chad was hurt and people cheered.  They literally cheered Chad getting hurt.

Are Jets fans alone in this?  No they are not? 

Matt Cassel when he was injured was injured was cheered by fans as was Johnny Manziel when he got hurt.

Disgusting IMO.....

I saw people write and cheer that Sanchez was injured. 

And here we have people, if not cheering Geno getting hit, then saying well he got hurt because he was an immature guy, or he is not a leader, or he provoked it.

Utter nonsense. 

80% on this board are not leaders does that mean someone has a right to punch you in the face?

Its a joke!

At the end of the day I hear you and appreciate you standing for what is right as opposed to what is convenient.

Great post. 

CLARK: GENO, IK IN 'EACH OTHER'S FACE'

ESPN's Ryan Clark said his sources, including IK Enemkpali, confirmed the Geno Smith altercation surrounded "slights and camps not attended." Clark said, while it was "an inexcusable act ... it wasn't a 'sucker-punch.'

Clark admitted to knowing/being friends with IK. Ik is clearly the kind  of guy that is more concerned about his appearances/RESPECT than anything else and is therefore sending Clark out to make sure his boys in the hood don't think he did something cowardly. IK still doesn't get it and never will. Whether he latches on with another team, or not, we are dealing with the bottom rung of society. 

NOTE: I am NOT defending Geno. Geno is a moron that deserves to bag groceries the rest of his life for being involved in this nonsense, but that is still no excuse for IK being a thug. 

Geno is Carmelo in terms of self awareness. Getting smacked was a long time coming, especially with having negative equity with the organization.

The outright lack of sympathy or alarm from teammates is telling. If this happened to even Sanchez, Mangold would have held a candlelight vigil for him.

As for Caporoso, he got a little taste of access and became a pontificator on how fans should comport themselves in order to best represent the esteemed Jets organization and their interests. It's called Going Full Leberfeld.

• Upvote 1

You can continue to post this a thousand times and it wont matter.

The truth is that there is a small but vocal contingent group of Jets fans who just don't get it and think that players getting hurt, their players, getting hurt is some kind of joke.  And it is not.

I saw when Chad was hurt and people cheered.  They literally cheered Chad getting hurt.

Are Jets fans alone in this?  No they are not? 

Matt Cassel when he was injured was injured was cheered by fans as was Johnny Manziel when he got hurt.

Disgusting IMO.....

I saw people write and cheer that Sanchez was injured. 

And here we have people, if not cheering Geno getting hit, then saying well he got hurt because he was an immature guy, or he is not a leader, or he provoked it.

Utter nonsense. 

80% on this board are not leaders does that mean someone has a right to punch you in the face?

Its a joke!

At the end of the day I hear you and appreciate you standing for what is right as opposed to what is convenient.

I love you Charlie, but in the end all that matters is Geno is gone. The circumstances do not matter.

The team is better today than it was yesterday as a result and that's all that should matter to Jets fans right now.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

I agree with the consensus that Geno holds a big part of the blame.  Yeah, you just don't go ahead and knock someone out at work, but Geno's obviously been immature since he arrived here.  Whether it was $600 or failing to show up to a camp, doesn't matter.  The leader of a football team does not let this crap happen, period.  How can anyone respect him now?  Part of me thinks the Jets would just love to cut him, but they just can't given what is available on the market and how far they are into camp.  If this happened during OTAs, he might not be on the team anymore.  Also, if say there was a Kyle Orton or Mark Sanchez available right now, Geno might be on waiver wire this very moment.

Personally, I knew this was going to happen at some point.  All we hear is about how Geno was having such a great camp.  I think a lot of us wanted to believe he was going to break out this year.  I for one never believed it.  Once the live bullets started flying, I was certain he would fail and the season would hinge on Fitz anyway.  Give me 18-25 TDs, 10-15 INTs, I'd say he did his job.

• Upvote 2

I love you Charlie, but in the end all that matters is Geno is gone. The circumstances do not matter.

The team is better today than it was yesterday as a result and that's all that should matter to Jets fans right now.

SAR I

You my friend are not the one to whom that post was even subtly directed.  I love your stick...

I know one thing with you ... You Love being a Jets fan and cant wait for a Jet SB appearance and of course victory!

THANK YOU.  Finally some perspective; if the dude simply chilled he probably would have gotten his money later.  He made his point there was no need to go ballistic over freaking $600.   He not only may have ****ed the season, he ****ed his own career.  Yet folks are running around saying "Thaks IK!!".  Some real stupid MoFos on this board.... 

how about this idea. geno just paid him the money he owed ik. wouldn't that make sense? instead, geno tried to chump his own team mate and had the balls to ask him what he plans to do about it. well, ol geno found out,quickly I might add, what exactly ik was going to do about it. message to geno. don't write checks your azz cant cash

• Upvote 1

how about this idea. geno just paid him the money he owed ik. wouldn't that make sense? instead, geno tried to chump his own team mate and had the balls to ask him what he plans to do about it. well, ol geno found out,quickly I might add, what exactly ik was going to do about it. message to geno. don't write checks your azz cant cash

Geno really said that?

Also Geno backs out on a charitable event IK was running a couple of days before the camp starts....

All the money IK spent advertising  

"All-World NFL QB Geno Smith will teach kids how to get their receivers killed by throwing the ball high and wide."

Should have just apologized and given IK the money.

• Upvote 1

Geno really said that?

this is what i am reading now as well. 

IK was a marginal player, i suspect he's going to have a tough time making a roster now.  probably cost him a $1mm in salary over the next two years.

The hit Geno is going to take is probably even more.  He had a chance this year to show that he's a middle of the pack QB - and probably could have gotten himself an okay deal. now this might be not possible for another year.  

both stupid.  

There was a player on last night on the NFL channel that said Geno went over to IK and got in his face with the what you gonna do crap.. He is friends with some Jet players that he works out with in the off season..

Said it to the wrong guy and should have known better.

Should have apologized for not showing at the camp and ponied up the $600 as soon as he saw him.

But that would be intelligent.

• Upvote 1

Said it to the wrong guy and should have known better.

Should have apologized for not showing at the camp and ponied up the $600 as soon as he saw him.

But that would be intelligent.

Absolutely I agree when Bowles said it was childish on both players.. It never should have happened especially when a QB should be a leader.. Holding out from paying a teammate when you failed to show up for his event without even calling to say you can't make it should not have happened.. 

• Upvote 1

If you check out what Josina Anderson has said.  The complete opposite has happened.  Josina is very reputable as well.  Bottom line, no one really knows what happened at all except both people in this situation handled this in the worst way possible.  You don't even need any more context to state that both parties were wrong.