Offer the 49ers 2016 #1 pick and Sheldon Richardson.......

joewilly12

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And its a useless stat.  

Not when you consider the statement shows that Glennon isnt as bad as these useless haters like to portray. 

The statement is not to say that he's better than Luck, but rather better than what we currently have. Then again this is coming from me and I notice than ever since our first run'in you've become a personal fan of mine. lol. 

I appreciate it lol. Have the last word. Im going back to concentrating on getting our future SB winning QB home. 

Even if we traded for Glennon now how would he be able to learn the playbook and terminology by week 1?  I think Glennon is good and support trading for him but he's not helping us this season.

Look how late we got Vinny and Favre a good OC can use terminology that the QB is used to.. 

Not when you consider the statement shows that Glennon isnt as bad as these useless haters like to portray. 

The statement is not to say that he's better than Luck, but rather better than what we currently have. Then again this is coming from me and I notice than ever since our first run'in you've become a personal fan of mine. lol. 

I appreciate it lol. Have the last word. Im going back to concentrating on getting our future SB winning QB home. 

I dont care about their first number of artificially cut off games you picked to somehow make a comparison that isn't laughable.

I dont care about their first number of artificially cut off games you picked to somehow make a comparison that isn't laughable.

So in otherwords, Mike Glennon threw more TD's yet didnt even play the full games. 

You're proving my point bro. Sorry, I said you could have the last word but you dont even realize that you're making my point even more valid. too busy hating

I just realized that you're not as much of a dick as you paint yourself to be. ;)

That said its not that I wouldnt take a chance on Glennnon if he were available, just don't need a Luck comparison to sell it.

Real problem is if we were ever to approach Tampa with an offer they'd try and hold us up knowing how screwed up we are because of IK

The 49ers would never let Kaep go for this sum.  Kaep is a 17-25 ranked young up and coming qb in this league.  You don't get mid tier starting qbs for only a first round pick (SR is worth maybe a 5th rnd pick atm).

You would need to send 2 number 1s and then some for a qb like that.

From the perspective of both sides, the deal doesn't make sense.

1)) Kaep isn't that good right now, and wouldnt upgrade the Jets win now chances all that much.

2) SR has the potential to be a dominant lineman in this league so if he does make it back, he's worth much more than any penny on the dollar trade the Jets could pander.   He's worth the risk to wait him out.

3) Aldon Smith was just booted, so SR makes absolutely no sense for the 49ers.

A much better target for the Jets to go after would have been Rivers or Brees.  Of course you are looking at nearly 3 number 1 picks but then, arguably it might be worth it since the jets have a win now window of about one or two years and would be instant contenders.

So in otherwords, Mike Glennon threw more TD's yet didnt even play the full games. 

You're proving my point bro. Sorry, I said you could have the last word but you dont even realize that you're making my point even more valid. too busy hating

No point, Indy would never draft another QB.  Tampa did.

Says it all, but its irrelevant, everyone knows Luck is the better player

The 49ers would never let Kaep go for this sum.  Kaep is a 17-25 ranked young up and coming qb in this league.  You don't get mid tier starting qbs for only a first round pick (SR is worth maybe a 5th rnd pick atm).

You would need to send 2 number 1s and then some for a qb like that.

From the perspective of both sides, the deal doesn't make sense.

1)) Kaep isn't that good right now, and wouldnt upgrade the Jets win now chances all that much.

2) SR has the potential to be a dominant lineman in this league so if he does make it back, he's worth much more than any penny on the dollar trade the Jets could pander.   He's worth the risk to wait him out.

3) Aldon Smith was just booted, so SR makes absolutely no sense for the 49ers.

A much better target for the Jets to go after would have been Rivers or Brees.  Of course you are looking at nearly 3 number 1 picks but then, arguably it might be worth it since the jets have a win now window of about one or two years and would be instant contenders.

no one would expect 3 1's for Brees or Rivers,, they're too old wouldn't get that much in return.

I just realized that you're not as much of a dick as you paint yourself to be. ;)

That said its not that I wouldnt take a chance on Glennnon if he were available, just don't need a Luck comparison to sell it.

Real problem is if we were ever to approach Tampa with an offer they'd try and hold us up knowing how screwed up we are because of IK

I never paint myself as a dick. People just get emotional at times when I speak. But I will accept the olive branch that you're extending here. Respect. 

This is where we lost each other. I didnt make a Luck Comparison. I made a TD comparison. The statement is true. Andrew Luck came in being a "football god" to many fans. Meanwhile, Glennon fights to get on the field anyway he possibly can. The point was given because with the limited time that Glennon gets given every opportunity his coach attempts to undermine, Glennon made the most of it. Glennon has nothing out there in Tampa outside of Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans for 5 games last year. 

This kid is good. 

No point, Indy would never draft another QB.  Tampa did.

Says it all, but its irrelevant, everyone knows Luck is the better player

Read my last post to you. That should help clear things up. 

Also, with my last post, its unfair to compare a guy who's actually had the opportunity to have a career. It's easy to say someone is better when the other guy continues to get pushed to the side. 

But I digress. Like I said, this wasnt a Luck comparison, it was a stat comparison based on the same amount of games played (though as you pointed out Glennon didnt even play the entirety of many games given that he came in to replace guys etc.)

I never paint myself as a dick. People just get emotional at times when I speak. But I will accept the olive branch that you're extending here. Respect. 

This is where we lost each other. I didnt make a Luck Comparison. I made a TD comparison. The statement is true. Andrew Luck came in being a "football god" to many fans. Meanwhile, Glennon fights to get on the field anyway he possibly can. The point was given because with the limited time that Glennon gets given every opportunity his coach attempts to undermine, Glennon made the most of it. Glennon has nothing out there in Tampa outside of Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans for 5 games last year. 

This kid is good. 

Look if Luck was a POS QB you never would have made the TD comparison.  The point was to compare Glennon to a top QB.  How many TDs you throw through your first 19 games is as meaningless as it gets because it a small part of what makes a QB and be cause its a small sample size of developing QBs, not developed QBs.  I find it totally insignificant.  

Read my last post to you. That should help clear things up. 

Also, with my last post, its unfair to compare a guy who's actually had the opportunity to have a career. It's easy to say someone is better when the other guy continues to get pushed to the side. 

But I digress. Like I said, this wasnt a Luck comparison, it was a stat comparison based on the same amount of games played (though as you pointed out Glennon didnt even play the entirety of many games given that he came in to replace guys etc.)

Dude, I know exactly what youre trying to do, i get it

Look if Luck was a POS QB you never would have made the TD comparison.  The point was to compare Glennon to a top QB.  How many TDs you throw through your first 19 games is as meaningless as it gets because it a small part of what makes a QB and be cause its a small sample size of developing QBs, not developed QBs.  I find it totally insignificant.  

Either take my statement for what I said it was or move on. If I said it wasnt a Luck comparison, but a stat comparison then thats what it is. Of course I use Luck based on his status in order to provide some relevancy for my position on Glennon. That doesnt mean that its an outright comparison of the two players, just the amount of TD's both guys had during their first 19 games. and its not meaningless when the career total for the guy im talking about is 19 games. Get a clue dude. 

understand that. 

Either take my statement for what I said it was or move on. If I said it wasnt a Luck comparison, but a stat comparison then thats what it is. Of course I use Luck based on his status in order to provide some relevancy for my position on Glennon. That doesnt mean that its an outright comparison of the two players, just the amount of TD's both guys had during their first 19 games. and its not meaningless when the career total for the guy im talking about is 19 games. Get a clue dude. 

understand that. 

You just like to argue, tried to be nice but you cant' leave it at that.  You've gone back to the dick role.  Get a clue?  

You're trading one dipsh*t for another. No

While I have my questions about Kaepernick's ability to get to the next level, there is no way this guy can be equated with Sheldon on the dipsh*t spectrum.  Colin is guilty of being a young guy who likes to party . . . nothing more.  Off the field he is very involved in charitable work and is an all-around good guy.

While I have my questions about Kaepernick's ability to get to the next level, there is no way this guy can be equated with Sheldon on the dipsh*t spectrum.  Colin is guilty of being a young guy who likes to party . . . nothing more.  Off the field he is very involved in charitable work and is an all-around good guy.

Like  Johnny Manziel??

no one would expect 3 1's for Brees or Rivers,, they're too old wouldn't get that much in return.

Neither NO or SD would give them up for much less.  Maybe 2 1s and a 2nd, but even there I doubt they'd do it (SD didn't even consider trades this offseason despite the fact that they know Rivers might be gone for nothing next year) 

Notice how few times we have ever seen a franchise qb (even an old one) get traded?  Thats b/c to most teams they are more or less priceless.  You could put up 6 number one picks to Indy for Luck, and they would tell you to get lost.

QBs are in a different world as far as compensation goes.

Hell no!!! Keep every pick for 2016. There are some real QBs coming out next year and the way things are looking we will be picking really high, maybe even number 1.

We lose Geno and all of a sudden we're the worst team in the NFL?

We lose Geno and all of a sudden we're the worst team in the NFL?

Fitz might not be completely healthy, so we don't know what we are going to get with him or how long he will even last. If/when he goes down we are playing with a rookie at QB in Petty, maybe Thigpen or Grosman. We don't know how long Richardson is out for, we don't know how hurt Mo is. Lots of people getting banged up early in camp. Schedule is no joke and we have a rookie head coach.

I don't know what to expect. It's very possible that we are headed into a very long and crappy season. 

Archived