Surprised to hear quotes from Jets players and Bowles

AFJF

Bowles: Takes two to tango, disappointed.

Revis:  I'm disappointed in both guys

Colon:  Didn't have great feed but something along the lines of "sometimes the things Geno says are part of his maturation process".

I really though everybody in the locker room would be 100% behind him...doesn't seem that way.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only surprised because I'd expect people toe the company line. The fact he hasn't really endeared himself to anyone is pretty clear

This is the point I just heard being made on ESPN radio...no way this happens in a locker room where a QB is a respected leader, it just doesn't happen.  IK obvioulsy felt like this was an okay thing to do and I'm not hearing the backlash I expected to out of the locker room.

What exactly has he done to earn it? Pout? Be late for meetings? Dick pics? Tell Jets fans F You? Give me a break.

It's been a long time since we've had a professional QB at the helm of the NYJ....hell even Favre was sending dick pic's when he was here. I'd venture to say the last one we had was Chad Pennington...never had to worry about good ol' Chad doing anything to disparage the reputation of the team (other than maybe another shoulder injury). 

It's been a long time since we've had a professional QB at the helm of the NYJ....hell even Favre was sending dick pic's when he was here. I'd venture to say the last one we had was Chad Pennington...never had to worry about good ol' Chad doing anything to disparage the reputation of the team (other than maybe another shoulder injury). 

And telling reporters it was a honor to follow the team.. But yes Chad was a good guy..

Not sure I agree.  Girls got insulted when people told Chad he threw like a girl.

Revis:  I'm disappointed in both guys

Colon:  Didn't have great feed but something along the lines of "sometimes the things Geno says are part of his maturation process".

I really though everybody in the locker room would be 100% behind him...doesn't seem that way.

This apparently has been going on for a few weeks.  It was probably bothering a few guys that Smith wouldn't just pay the guy.  I'm sure he could afford it. 

Doesn't  excuse IK from punching him, but if Smith wants to be a leader you don't screw one of your team mates out of money.

Revis: I'm disappointed in both guys

Colon: Didn't have great feed but something along the lines of "sometimes the things Geno says are part of his maturation process".

Geno is a punk bitch. Not exactly an endearing quality in the football locker room ecosystem.

Not surprised in the least.

I think Geno is a stroke and not a very bright one at that.

I wouldn't mind having a stroke for a QB one iota if they were proficient.

Geno sucks and there's not compelling evidence that would ever change.

A piece of the reason he sucks as a QB is who he is as an individual.

A pretty fair piece of the reason he got popped today is because of who he is as an individual.

Fitzgerald ain't great but I think he and our stable or RB's and WR's will be able to move the football enough to put up some points and keep the D off the field all the time.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this might be looked back on as a good day for the Jets.

I listened to Bowles press conference and he sounds as calm as a fan he is not panicking at all.  He sounds like a very good HC.  I am amazed that folks somehow are making this an issue about Bowles.

He can do the job we have to give this man a chance.  And despite what people think out here Bowles is not playing he said he doesn't care who you are and I believe him.

Not surprised in the least.

I think Geno is a stroke and not a very bright one at that.

I wouldn't mind having a stroke for a QB one iota if they were proficient.

Geno sucks and there's not compelling evidence that would ever change.

A piece of the reason he sucks as a QB is who he is as an individual.

A pretty fair piece of the reason he got popped today is because of who he is as an individual.

Fitzgerald ain't great but I think he and our stable or RB's and WR's will be able to move the football enough to put up some points and keep the D off the field all the time.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this might be looked back on as a good day for the Jets.

What the hell is a stroke?  Honest question I've never seen the word used that way lol

Archived