British Army Officers in need of guidance.

CaptIreland

Ok so my colleague and are flying from Afghanistan to New York as part of our R&R to visit my brother who lives in Manhattan. It just so happens that provided the Royal Air Force don't mess up our flights we will arrive in time for the Jets Vrs Browns game so we've purchased our tickets. (As an aside if the RAF do screw us over look out for the Irish guy selling two tickets outside the stadium). 

This will be our first NFL game so basically I'm looking for a bit of a steer in regards to things like tailgating, where to drink after the game, how to maximize the possibility of me sleeping with a cheerleader etc... 

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

Ok so my colleague and are flying from Afghanistan to New York as part of our R&R to visit my brother who lives in Manhattan. It just so happens that provided the Royal Air Force don't mess up our flights we will arrive in time for the Jets Vrs Browns game so we've purchased our tickets. (As an aside if the RAF do screw us over look out for the Irish guy selling two tickets outside the stadium). 

This will be our first NFL game so basically I'm looking for a bit of a steer in regards to things like tailgating, where to drink after the game, how to maximize the possibility of me sleeping with a cheerleader etc... 

Hi

Thanks for your service in Afghanistan. 

1) Tailgating : I assume you don't have the necessary equipment to grill. If that's the case, grab a cooler and put tons of ice and beer in it and bring it to Metlife. Grab a sandwich from Subway or such and arrive early. Game is at 1 PM. Parking lot will open at 9 AM and the stadium doors will open at 11 AM. But if you really want to enjoy the game to its fullest, go ahead and join Tailgate Joe's party. Joe is a member on this board and I am hoping he will see this thread and answer you. Joe charges $35 for unlimited food and beer. http://www.tailgatejoe.com/new-york-jets-tailgate-party-browns-2015/

2) Drink After the Game : Ain't happening. Metlife is in the middle of some industrial area without bars around. It isn't like British stadiums. After the game, just find your way to Manhattan and keep drinking there.

3) Banging Jets cheerleaders : Chances are slim to none but if you have VIP pass and if you are good looking something might happen :) 

Ask away if you have more questions. 

Take the bus from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan to MetLife Stadium.  Get a couple beers "to go" (24oz beers in paper bag) at McAnn's the bar next to the entrance to the bus -- they also sometimes offer $0.25 wings on gamedays.  Get lit on the bus then go find some random dudes at the parking lot say you're Jets fans from Europe and Veterans they will get a kick out of it and offer you free food and drink.

After the game take the bus back to Port Authority.  Manhattan there's literally a million different places to go if you want to stay in midtown Stout at 133 W 33rd St, New York, NY 10003 by Madison Square Garden is an excellent Irish Pub right up your alley.  If you want to bang cheerleaders there's Rick's Cabaret across the street from Stout - best club in New York and they comp you the cover charge with your military ID.  Jersey sucks unless you're in Hoboken or New Brunswick and those ain't walking distance from Metlife.

Hi

Thanks for your service in Afghanistan.

1) Tailgating : I assume you don't have the necessary equipment to grill. If that's the case, grab a cooler and put tons of ice and beer in it and bring it to Metlife. Grab a sandwich from Subway or such and arrive early. Game is at 1 PM. Parking lot will open at 9 AM and the stadium doors will open at 11 AM. But if you really want to enjoy the game to its fullest, go ahead and join Tailgate Joe's party. Joe is a member on this board and I am hoping he will see this thread and answer you. Joe charges $35 for unlimited food and beer. http://www.tailgatejoe.com/new-york-jets-tailgate-party-browns-2015/

2) Drink After the Game : Ain't happening. Metlife is in the middle of some industrial area without bars around. It isn't like British stadiums. After the game, just find your way to Manhattan and keep drinking there.

3) Banging Jets cheerleaders : Chances are slim to none but if you have VIP pass and if you are good looking something might happen :)

Ask away if you have more questions.

Lot opens at 8

Joe Namath? Is that you?

If your staying in Manhattan, I agree with the good Dr on taking the bus.   Tailgate Joe is the way to go.

As far as the cheerleaders go, you came to the wrong site.  If it's flag boys, I'm sure one of the mods will help you out.

What ever you do, do not go to the mods lounge.  

Thanks to everyone who had kind words for my TailgateJoe party!

And yeah, you are definitely welcome to join us, you can get the whole tailgate experience! Check out tailgatejoe.com for info, you can see the menu and register to attend by clicking the link on the righthand sidebar of the site.

Cheers for the help,

I'm actually Irish and my colleague is British (his parents are Irish so I give him a a bit of lee way)  so hopefully the combo of accents will outdo and of those bastarding Australians wandering around Metlife.

Tailgating Joes looks promising and by that I mean unlimited drink looks promising... have 6 months of drinking to catch up on in the space of 2 weeks.

Any further tips on where to go after would be great. We'll be on it Monday night as well so suggestions to watch Monday night football would be helpful.

Thanks again

Cheers for the help,

I'm actually Irish and my colleague is British (his parents are Irish so I give him a a bit of lee way)  so hopefully the combo of accents will outdo and of those bastarding Australians wandering around Metlife.

Tailgating Joes looks promising and by that I mean unlimited drink looks promising... have 6 months of drinking to catch up on in the space of 2 weeks.

Any further tips on where to go after would be great. We'll be on it Monday night as well so suggestions to watch Monday night football would be helpful.

Thanks again

Provide more details dude. Will you have a car or will you take the bus to game? If you are coming with a car definitely hit either Stilleto's or Shakers. Stilleto's is full nude and Shakers just a bikini bar(gogo bar). Lap dances 20 bucks at each location. Stilleto's don't serve alcohol and you need to bring your own drink. 

They are both 10-15 minute drive from Metlife and you can have some fun time after the game. 

About Monday night football. You will be in Manhattan. Do a google search based on your location and I am sure you will have some good sports bars close to you. Enjoy your trip. 

No car I'm afraid. Its going to literally be straight off the plane, meet my brother then heading to Metlife probably by bus or taxi.

We kind of knew cheerleaders were a stretch. After 6 months surrounded by dudes in uniform and women in burkas we'd settle for some female Jets or Browns fans.

Oh and we're not RAF we're Army we're merely relying on the RAF to fly us back from theater in time for our flight to New York. 

No car I'm afraid. Its going to literally be straight off the plane, meet my brother then heading to Metlife probably by bus or taxi.

We kind of knew cheerleaders were a stretch. After 6 months surrounded by dudes in uniform and women in burkas we'd settle for some female Jets or Browns fans.

Oh and we're not RAF we're Army we're merely relying on the RAF to fly us back from theater in time for our flight to New York.

Don't eat anything before flying. Those flyboys like to see if they can make landed types barf. And, welcome to the USA!

Okay. If that's the case, your only option is Tailgate Joe. I don't think you will be able to get food or beer on your way to Metlife. 

Be nice to Joe and he might even give you a discount. 

If you can't afford 35 bucks, still don't worry. Find a large group and ask them nicely if you guys can join their tailgate as you came straight from the airport and that you served in Afghanistan for British Army. I am sure tons of people will open their tailgate to you for free. 

Also if you guys are good looking, you might be in luck. Some chicks come to games with other chick friends and if you guys are lucky some sparks might fly. 

Enjoy your game and safe travels over here. 

We actually gave up our jobs as male underwear models to join the army. Underwear model dental plan isnt great but the game day chicks will be swarming all over us...

Not many clubs and pubs for us to be spending our money in Kabul so we'll be able to splash out the $35. I'm off to Vegas on the Wednesday so it'll be the least of my worries.

Archived