We Need To Try And Make a Deal With The Chargers...

SoFlaJets

Why would the Chargers do that with no viable answer to who plays QB for them on their current roster?

Who are you trading without mortgaging the future?

Why would you bring in a 33 year old QB who is probably staring at the abyss of his career soon and is a known malcontent?

Why would the Chargers do that with no viable answer to who plays QB for them on their current roster?

Who are you trading without mortgaging the future?

Why would you bring in a 33 year old QB who is probably staring at the abyss of his career soon and is a known malcontent?

No way anything like this  happens, but Rivers to the Jets for 3-4 years of high-level QB play could easily result in a SB win...I'd do it.

Maybe not two first... Jesus.

One, a 4th and Sheldon Richardson for Rivers and we easily win the division. But I don't see Macc acting desperate like that. I think Bowles and him maybe sign one QB to keep Petty at 3 and run with Fitz.

The chargers GM would be fired if he traded Rivers for a 4th and a player who's failed a drug test 4 times and was just arrested afterwards. 

With Geno possibly back as soon as the bye week, Maccags has to be thinking cheap rental QB that he can cut mid-season vs. some master stroke like trading for Glennon.  The only way he doesn't go for a waiver wire pickup or a retread like Grossman would be if Bowles has seen enough of Geno to never hand him the ball...

Rivers didnt want to play in LA, just 2 hours away from his home driving. Why in the world would he instead want to play 3000 miles away?

More money. If we get him, the division is ours. Reality is it will not happen. 0% chance.

Rivers didnt want to play in LA, just 2 hours away from his home driving. Why in the world would he instead want to play 3000 miles away? 

#EndThread.

The guy whined about LA because it was too big of a city and too far from home, yet he'll happily come play here?

Maybe not two first... Jesus.

One, a 4th and Sheldon Richardson for Rivers and we easily win the division. But I don't see Macc acting desperate like that. I think Bowles and him maybe sign one QB to keep Petty at 3 and run with Fitz.

We don't have the cap space for this deal.

agree with all those saying 0% chance this happens

can't imagine any team that we would try to trade with for a top 15QB taking Sheldon as the player with the picks, why would they want to take on the risk? ... think it would have to be Mo

In the Games he's played he has 18 tds and 19 tds.. I rather go after the Villains guy Glennon.

I'd be happy with that too.

I think Cousins has shown promise with limited opportunity to play thus far. 

For the disgruntled Philip Rivers. now he would cost a LOT but the Jets do have some talent especially on the defensive side of the ball to try and make a deal.

Yeah sure, maybe Woody van give the Chargers a stake in the team too.

Typical.

With Geno possibly back as soon as the bye week, Maccags has to be thinking cheap rental QB that he can cut mid-season vs. some master stroke like trading for Glennon.  The only way he doesn't go for a waiver wire pickup or a retread like Grossman would be if Bowles has seen enough of Geno to never hand him the ball...

sad part is the cheap rental may be better than Geno

I basically agree. I think Bowles has been happy enough with what he's seen on the field, but may've seen enough from Geno as a result of his participation in this incident. Any move now for a potential starter rather than a #2/3 guy would be a strong signal that that's the case.

Archived