Crazy QB option / thoughts

drcgull

Again I'm a big Geno Smith supporter but many aren't we all know Fitzpatrick isn't the answer and Petty isn't ready or is he?

Why not let Macc pull the plug and make a blockbuster trade for a QB.

This team is built to win now.

Who can that QB be to win us a Super Bowl?

What QB that can lead this team to a Super Bowl is even available? And with credited sources. Not your crack pipe dream.

Mettenberger

Glennon

Nassib

McCarron

I think those 4 are worth inquiring about at the very least to see what kind of price it would cost to bring them over. no manziel and no Flynn please.

Don't want Nassib ... The other guys would be a thought ... Especially Glennon and McCarron.

Hey Joe Namath is still available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love this Jared Lorenzen idea. Matt Simms is my #1 but if we can't get him, I'm all for getting JL. The fan base would be pumped!

SImms would be a good backup .. Love to give him the chance he never got.

Simms is gone Lorenzen is a joke 

Slim pickings unless Macc pulls a blockbuster deal give up next years #1 for Kap,Brees,Rivers just win now!!!!!!

You underrate the man.  Jared Lorenzen is hardly what I would consider to be "slim pickings".

Glennon from Tampa is the guy. Hands down.

The Bucs want a seasoned backup for Winston so it is doubtful they will trade Glennon. If the did they would try to rape the Jets. I don't know what the answer is here, but I doubt it is Glennon.  

There are 3 quarterbacks I would be inquiring on right now:  

• Zach Mettenberger who had a pretty good season for a late round draft pick, and let's be honest, a below average WR corp in Tennessee.  
  • Mike Glennon who has solid starting experience and success (not from a W/L perspective) would probably be the ideal, and then there is
  • Kirk Cousins who has been talked about being traded to almost every team at one point or another.  

Mettenberger, and Glennon are probably not a possibility, but are worth the inquiry with their respective teams high profile draft picks.  Cousins has Colt McCoy in the mix, and is a real possibility IMO.  Any of which, I would gladly offer up a third round pick, given our circumstances, and no GM is going to give away a QB with the Jets organization in this situation.

Another name that the Jets should do some homework on, IMO, and I haven't heard much about is Sean Renfree out in Atlanta.  He was coached by David Cutcliffe, and has been playing behind Matt Ryan for two years.  Probably more so as the third guy behind Ryan and T.J. Yates.  

I'd be happy with going after Mettenberger or Glennon.  But in all honesty its better to just roll with what we have this year (pick up another vet near end of preseason for a few weeks) and then go balls to the wall next year doing whatever we need to, to secure an actual starting QB in the league.

Don't want Nassib ... The other guys would be a thought ... Especially Glennon and McCarron.

Hey Joe Namath is still available.

Nassib actually looked pretty amazing in the pre season games that he got to play, don't think he ever saw real snaps in the NFL but I see him as one of the best options that could be practical to obtain.

What if Tebow gets cut from the eagles? I might be in a minority of 1 but I wouldn't have any issue if the jets brought him back. He has improved his throwing motion greatly and is obviously an incredibly hard worker w a great attitude. Before you jump on this idea watch his new throwing motion.

Having said the above I think he'll make the eagles anyway.

What if Tebow gets cut from the eagles? I might be in a minority of 1 but I wouldn't have any issue if the jets brought him back. He has improved his throwing motion greatly and is obviously an incredibly hard worker w a great attitude. Before you jump on this idea watch his new throwing motion.

kill_myself_nph.gif

I'd rather have Brooks Bollinger, to be honest. We should call him up before Tebow.

Mettenberger

Glennon

Nassib

McCarron

I think those 4 are worth inquiring about at the very least to see what kind of price it would cost to bring them over. no manziel and no Flynn please.

I would go for Glennon. He has experience and slight upside that could compete with Petty or a draft pick over next two years after Fitz holds the fort this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glennon and Mettenberger we should be shopping for.  Cousins is hot garbage.

I'd even take Mettenberger. Just look at his face. No one's punching him in the face in the locker room. 

Though if Mariota continues to play like the way he did last night Mettenberger will end up being the starter there again. 

Archived