Go get Cousins or McCoy

LionelRichie

1 is the backup, 1 doesn't suit up.   I prefer cousins who at least has the arm to throw in the northeast but really both are better options than Thigpen or sexy rexy.  

Conditional late rd pick gets it done and if either can actually play we can put the Geno Smith era to bed once and for all.  

I would rather have McCoy honestly.  I believe he is a better than Cousins and held his own better than Cousins last year.  

I like Cousins and he would definitely be a better fit for Gailey.   I don't know why people hate cousins so much, he can play, has had NFL experience, and is a better option than Geno.  He's also a smart player and would have a legitimate chance to learn the offense in the next few weeks.   

I live in the DC area (like Lionel) and frankly I don't see why we would discuss these guys.  They have not looked good.

He is in camp with Miami and by all accounts looking horrid.

I remember the Vikings Giants game on MNF a year or two ago where Freeman honestly put up the worst QB performace ever.

Josh Freeman reportedly works out for New York Jets
  • _Sessler-65x90.jpg
  •  

print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png

• By Marc Sessler
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: March 16, 2015 at 03:05 p.m.
  • Updated: March 16, 2015 at 11:37 p.m.

Tim Tebow isn't the only from-the-wilderness quarterback staging a tryout with an NFL team.

•  
  •  

Josh Freeman recently worked out with the New York Jets, according to Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman, who was told that the quarterback performed well.

Per the report, several additional teams are taking a hard look at the 27-year-old passer, who vanished off the scene last year following a disastrous stint with the Vikings in 2013.

Freeman's NFL career rests on rocky soil, but the former first-round pick offers good size -- he's 6-foot-6, 240 pounds -- with plus athleticism. It's just everything else that's been the problem. Freeman was signed last April by the Giants only to be released six weeks later. His commitment to the game has been questioned.

Freeman threw 27 touchdowns to just 17 picks for Tampa Bay in 2012, but that feels like eons ago. He was cut by the Bucs in 2013, only to reappear with the Vikings weeks later for one hyper-messy prime-time start -- his last in the NFL. Freeman desperately needs strong coaching if he's to turn his career around.

With Chan Gailey running New York's offense, theJets have the right kind of tutor for a young passer. They already have a young project in Geno Smith, though, and might have another if Oregon's Marcus Mariota falls to Gang Green in the draft.

We're at the point in the offseason when coaching staffs are willing to sift through the rubble for diamonds in the rough and potential reclamation projects. Anyone who can make Freeman into a winner deserves a shiny blue ribbon.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast is joined by Lindsey Rhodes and analyzes every free-agent move. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

1 is the backup, 1 doesn't suit up.   I prefer cousins who at least has the arm to throw in the northeast but really both are better options than Thigpen or sexy rexy.  

Conditional late rd pick gets it done and if either can actually play we can put the Geno Smith era to bed once and for all.  

McCoy's arm is awful.  Awful. I have only seen Cousins once on MNF and he threw 23 INTs.  But one game is an outlier, I admit.

Josh Freeman reportedly works out for New York Jets
  • _Sessler-65x90.jpg
  •  

print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png

• By Marc Sessler
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: March 16, 2015 at 03:05 p.m.
  • Updated: March 16, 2015 at 11:37 p.m.

Tim Tebow isn't the only from-the-wilderness quarterback staging a tryout with an NFL team.

•  
  •  

Josh Freeman recently worked out with the New York Jets, according to Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman, who was told that the quarterback performed well.

Per the report, several additional teams are taking a hard look at the 27-year-old passer, who vanished off the scene last year following a disastrous stint with the Vikings in 2013.

Freeman's NFL career rests on rocky soil, but the former first-round pick offers good size -- he's 6-foot-6, 240 pounds -- with plus athleticism. It's just everything else that's been the problem. Freeman was signed last April by the Giants only to be released six weeks later. His commitment to the game has been questioned.

Freeman threw 27 touchdowns to just 17 picks for Tampa Bay in 2012, but that feels like eons ago. He was cut by the Bucs in 2013, only to reappear with the Vikings weeks later for one hyper-messy prime-time start -- his last in the NFL. Freeman desperately needs strong coaching if he's to turn his career around.

With Chan Gailey running New York's offense, theJets have the right kind of tutor for a young passer. They already have a young project in Geno Smith, though, and might have another if Oregon's Marcus Mariota falls to Gang Green in the draft.

We're at the point in the offseason when coaching staffs are willing to sift through the rubble for diamonds in the rough and potential reclamation projects. Anyone who can make Freeman into a winner deserves a shiny blue ribbon.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast is joined by Lindsey Rhodes and analyzes every free-agent move. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

Can Jay Fiedler be  far behind?

I like Cousins and he would definitely be a better fit for Gailey.   I don't know why people hate cousins so much, he can play, has had NFL experience, and is a better option than Geno.  He's also a smart player and would have a legitimate chance to learn the offense in the next few weeks.   

Of all the QBs mentioned, I agree with you on Cousins.  Kid looked like he could play in 2012.

Don't laugh.  If Tebow beats him out in Philly, he could be the Jets' next starting QB.   Oh man, what great fun that would be.   Like getting the old band back together again.

Sanchez, Revis, and Cro

Wouldn't be awkward at all when he runs in to Revis...lol

I live in the DC area (like Lionel) and frankly I don't see why we would discuss these guys.  They have not looked good.

He is in camp with Miami and by all accounts looking horrid.

Miami dumped him a few weeks ago IIRC.

There only one kid worth even looking at and that is Glennon in Tampa. From what I saw the kid has the tools, size, smarts, and guts to stand in and play. If Tampa was willing, I would consider a third next year and a forth the following year if he becomes the starter.

There only one kid worth even looking at and that is Glennon in Tampa. From what I saw the kid has the tools, size, smarts, and guts to stand in and play. If Tampa was willing, I would consider a third next year and a forth the following year if he becomes the starter.

Sushhhhh.  Villian may be listening 

The Jets should do a deal with Atlanta to get Austin Dodge. 

Don't laugh. If Tebow beats him out in Philly, he could be the Jets' next starting QB. Oh man, what great fun that would be. Like getting the old band back together again.

Sanchez, Revis, and Cro

How can you not laugh when you start with the idea that Tebow could beat anyone out as a QB? :)

Archived