Jets In No Rush To Add Depth At QB

flgreen

This is exactly why I'm honestly not too worried. I totally agree neither Fitz nor Gailey has ever had the talent level that this team has surrounded them with.

This brings me to another point. Macc and Bowles really are a breath of fresh air. it almost seems like the curse or whatever you wanna call it keeps trying to put the Jets down time after time this offseason/TC but the Jets brass came organized this time with Plan B's and Plan C's in place. Sheldon messes up, Williams steps in. Geno messes up, Fitz steps in. Allen goes down, we give a bubble CB a shot at adding existing value as a 4th Safety on the roster. This is the first season in a long time when I hear the bad news I just roll my eyes and shake my head but actually don't feel threatened or worried about the upcoming season and look forward to a future where we can put these headlines as distant memories and replaced with more positive ones.

See what Arians and Bowles did last year in AZ with ridiculous amounts of injuries on both sides of the ball

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But in truth how do they get Kap here?

I see this next season as a potential but as for this season I can not see how this can be done.....

But I would LOVE to be WRONG!!!

Hate this idea ... That guy is hot garbage. Petty could be the real deal ... Wish we could sit him this year as planned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kapernick sucks. Stop repeating it on every ******* thread. He's not a good QB.

Prove what you are saying. Don't just post bs on every thread. Kap is better than every QB the Jets currenly have and clearly better than any college prospect. Are we just suppossed to just wait till bect season? Again?

Prove to me that Kap sucks and is not the best QB who is is available or may be available. Prove it!!!

Harder and harder to find a good NFL QB.  All college offenses seem to be running the spread offense and we haven't really yet seen a good QB come to the NFL who ran that offense in college.

That's the problem with Petty as well and why he sure as heck isn't ready to play yet.  He cannot be worse than Tyler Thigpen though either.

I read somewhere to keep an eye on Philly they may cut Barkeley.

The Jets have gone nearly 50 years with no SB appearance. None of those other available QB's give the Jets a chance to change that streak. None of them. The objective is to win the SB. Kap is the only choice as he is still young enough to win here now and in the future. He is clearly their best chance now that Geno is no longer in the picture

And why do you think SF would want to dump a QB who has went to a CG and a SB in back to back years and still is young?

The Jets have gone nearly 50 years with no SB appearance. None of those other available QB's give the Jets a chance to change that streak. None of them. The objective is to win the SB. Kap is the only choice as he is still young enough to win here now and in the future. He is clearly their best chance now that Geno is no longer in the picture

Options;

1 - Petty step up, agree he is better then the leftover trash in FA

2 - Trade for another decent QB prospect 

3 - Top 10 draft pick

2016 QB class could be good and deep

Harder and harder to find a good NFL QB.  All college offenses seem to be running the spread offense and we haven't really yet seen a good QB come to the NFL who ran that offense in college.

That's the problem with Petty as well and why he sure as heck isn't ready to play yet.  He cannot be worse than Tyler Thigpen though either.

I read somewhere to keep an eye on Philly they may cut Barkeley.

Because he's being outplayed by Tim Tebow.

And why do you think SF would want to dump a QB who has went to a CG and a SB in back to back years and still is young?

Didn't you read where I stated SF is not going anywhere this season? They can use some draft picks from NY and look to the future. SF is in much better shape looking for a future QB than the Jets are. The Jets are built to win now.

Options;

1 - Petty step up, agree he is better then the leftover trash in FA

2 - Trade for another decent QB prospect 

3 - Top 10 draft pick

2016 QB class could be good and deep

Is this a joke? This NY Jets team is built to win NOW. Can you count on Petty stepping up? Just how many rookies have won a SB? Kap gives the Jets their best chance to win a SB and not just the back page sweepstakes

Is this a joke? This NY Jets team is built to win NOW. Can you count on Petty stepping up? Just how many rookies have won a SB? Kap gives the Jets their best chance to win a SB and not just the back page sweepstakes

Kapernick sucks. 

They were ******* 4-12.  Add a WR and a couple of CBs and it's win now or else?  WTF?  The idea of these vets was to use some of the cash spending and develop the younger guys, not to relive the Tannenbaum era.  There are ALWAYS guys available to sign and they will be able to get a disgruntled WR,  a G and some FA CBs every single year.  Hell they do it nearly every year as it is.  No need to panic and go all in now.

Admit it...we all miss Sanchez right about now and would be pretty durned happy to have him back cheap.

I wonder if a trade for Mettenberger is possible at this point? 

Honestly I don't recall the league ever being so utterly devoid of talent at QB before.  It's like there are about 12 guys who can ball.  12 guys who can sort of play.  And a pile of crap below that.

Good. That means we can get him cheaply. He is a better option than anyone we have now or anyone else who may be available

I don't agree.  Rather trot out Fitzpatrick then Kapernick.  Kap really only had that one good year.  Hasn't showed anything else since.  

I don't agree.  Rather trot out Fitzpatrick then Kapernick.  Kap really only had that one good year.  Hasn't showed anything else since.

With Fitz we don't lose the deep ball threat that Geno provided. Kap returns that element. Kap's good year got SF to the SB and the other good year got them to the NFCG

They were ******* 4-12. Add a WR and a couple of CBs and it's win now or else? WTF? The idea of these vets was to use some of the cash spending and develop the younger guys, not to relive the Tannenbaum era. There are ALWAYS guys available to sign and they will be able to get a disgruntled WR, a G and some FA CBs every single year. Hell they do it nearly every year as it is. No need to panic and go all in now.

Just how many teams can field a D and an O with these weapons the Jets have? A lot of the young talent here is injury prone, particularly the top draft picks. Some of the other top draft picks are head cases and untrustworthy.

With Kap the Jets get another weapon at QB that teams have to plan for. They also get a new vibe in the locker room. They don't have to mortgage the future due to the fact that Kap will STILL provide the Jets with another 5 years after his initial 2 years of service here.

If the Jets felt they could just add another QB from off the street, they would have done so already. I think something big is in play here. Big like getting Kap.. Geno has no future here in NY. The players don't respect him as a Man or a QB. He lost the team.

Prove what you are saying. Don't just post bs on every thread. Kap is better than every QB the Jets currenly have and clearly better than any college prospect. Are we just suppossed to just wait till bect season? Again?

Prove to me that Kap sucks and is not the best QB who is is available or may be available. Prove it!!!

Look at the Niners last year. He's a one hit wonder. Maybe better than what the Jets have, but not SB worthy

So in other words, you and joewilly want the Jets to panic, because that is what will be assumed.

The NFL isn't fantasy football.

There is no business case for the Jets to go throwing money and picks to acquire other teams nobodies or to (lol) trade for other teams stars that almost assuredly are either not available, or would cost so much as to laughable.

Get used to this idea: Fitz is our starter. Petty is our backup. Heap, or some other developmental guy, is our #3. Geno, if he comes back, will be our #1/#2 and Heap will go to the P.S. or be cut.

There will not be any trades for Kapernick, or Brees, or Elway or Marino either.

What is it the internet kids say?

CupiM.gif

There is no business case for the Jets to go throwing money and picks to acquire other teams nobodies or to (lol) trade for other teams stars that almost assuredly are either not available, or would cost so much as to laughable.

Get used to this idea: Fitz is our starter. Petty is our backup. Heap, or some other developmental guy, is our #3. Geno, if he comes back, will be our #1/#2 and Heap will go to the P.S. or be cut.

There will not be any trades for Kapernick, or Brees, or Elway or Marino either.

CupiM.gif

Exactly. 

Admit it...we all miss Sanchez right about now and would be pretty durned happy to have him back cheap.

I wonder if a trade for Mettenberger is possible at this point? 

Honestly I don't recall the league ever being so utterly devoid of talent at QB before.  It's like there are about 12 guys who can ball.  12 guys who can sort of play.  And a pile of crap below that.

No.

Part of the lack of talent is lack of development. Hell Dan Marino went to college for 4 years.

QBs are being drafted at least after two years.now so their development may be stunted and their careers may be quick

CupiM.gif

And this is what keeps us as the SOJ. Another season without even giving us a shot at winning a SB.

It'll be interesting to see if/when they bring in anyone. If it's a vested veteran on the opening day roster, his salary is guaranteed for the full year. Do they bring someone into camp and cut him before the opener -then resign him- just to avoid that? Do they wait until after the opener to sign someone? Or do they just roll the dice for a few weeks until Geno is healed?

And this is what keeps us as the SOJ. Another season without even giving us a shot at winning a SB.

We have as good a shot with Fitz as we every had with Geno "Worst QB in NFL" Smith.

If we weren't "SOJ" when Smith was #1, we're not today.

It'll be interesting to see if/when they bring in anyone. If it's a vested veteran on the opening day roster, his salary is guaranteed for the full year. Do they bring someone into camp and cut him before the opener -then resign him- just to avoid that? Do they wait until after the opener to sign someone? Or do they just roll the dice for a few weeks until Geno is healed?

I am assuming your second option.  Camp body that they cut and maybe bring back until Geno is ready.  They probably want another body just because Bowles is so high on running multiple drills in practice.  They probably need another guy just to keep camp efficiency up with all those guys. 

Archived