Jets In No Rush To Add Depth At QB

flgreen

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL isn't fantasy football.

There is no business case for the Jets to go throwing money and picks to acquire other teams nobodies or to (lol) trade for other teams stars that almost assuredly are either not available, or would cost so much as to laughable.

Get used to this idea: Fitz is our starter. Petty is our backup. Heap, or some other developmental guy, is our #3. Geno, if he comes back, will be our #1/#2 and Heap will go to the P.S. or be cut.

There will not be any trades for Kapernick, or Brees, or Elway or Marino either.

What is it the internet kids say?

CupiM.gif

There will def be another vet signed before reg season.  Heaps has to go to practice squad immediately, otherwise you have no QB on the PS.

LOL the clamoring for Simms is hysterical. He's on the bottom of the depth chart for a team whose QB situation is arguably worse than ours.

Yeah I don't get it.  I know ppl love his big arm, but in limited action I've seen of him he has way too much happy feet, never looks comfortable.  I saw enough of him the last 2 yrs to know he wasn't going to be an NFL QB.  I'm sure he could find success in the CFL or arena football or something if he wants to continue being a QB.

Apparently it seems that the media and some fans have assumed that Geno Smith was very valuable WHEN THEY ALL WANTED HIM GONE LAST YEAR.

It's amazing that nobody is talking about impact on the football field. You know why? BECAUSE THERE ISN'T ANY. So the media just goes to the incident in general

Prove what you are saying. Don't just post bs on every thread. Kap is better than every QB the Jets currenly have and clearly better than any college prospect. Are we just suppossed to just wait till bect season? Again?

Prove to me that Kap sucks and is not the best QB who is is available or may be available. Prove it!!!

I have no problem with Kap, but how do you expect the Jets to get him and what would they have to give up for  him. I would take a flyer on Glennon.

I would just sit as is for now. This is by far the best group of receivers Fitz has played with so you never know what could happen. I kow he hasnt looked great in camp but Geno did look great in camp last year and we saw how that turned out. Geno comes back in week 3-5 and is either the backup or they give him a shot and you still have Petty there learning.

Prove what you are saying. Don't just post bs on every thread. Kap is better than every QB the Jets currenly have and clearly better than any college prospect. Are we just suppossed to just wait till bect season? Again?

Prove to me that Kap sucks and is not the best QB who is is available or may be available. Prove it!!!

lol, my eyes prove it when they watch him play.

also, the cost-to-improvement ratio isn't worth it... it would cost us way too much to acquire Kaep, a marginal improvement over what we have in Fitzmagic.

This is reassuring.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/13/rex-grossman-recovering-from-sprained-foot-says-hell-be-ready-for-jets-in-a-week/

If Jets want Rex Grossman, he says he’ll be ready to go next week

One of the first names that popped up in conjunction with the Jets’ expected search for a quarterback in the wake of Geno Smith’s broken jaw was Rex Grossman.

The Jets reportedly reached out to Grossman, but no immediate meeting or workout was set up. One of the reasons may have been an injury that Grossman suffered while working out on his own.

That shouldn’t be a problem much longer. Grossman told Jeff Darlington of NFL Media that he’s in good football shape, but he did sprain his foot a couple of weeks ago. He said he will be ready to get back on the field in a week, assuming the Jets want him.

“We’ll see if they wait for me,” Grossman said.

The Jets play the Lions in their preseason opener on Thursday night and will then likely give more consideration to the addition of a veteran to slot between starter Ryan Fitzpatrick and rookie Bryce Petty on the depth chart during Smith’s absence. Grossman last played in 2013 with the Redskins and turned down a chance to join the Browns for the final week of the regular season after being cut at the end of August.

Id like to see it happen.

Yup just not sure they want to play Mangold, Brick, Marshall, Decker and so on... long enough to give Fitz much needed time as well as Petty. My guess is Petty will be pretty lost but ya never know. Looking forward to it.

lol, my eyes prove it when they watch him play.

also, the cost-to-improvement ratio isn't worth it... it would cost us way too much to acquire Kaep, a marginal improvement over what we have in Fitzmagic.

Can't factually back up what you state. I figured

Didn't you read where I stated SF is not going anywhere this season? They can use some draft picks from NY and look to the future. SF is in much better shape looking for a future QB than the Jets are. The Jets are built to win now.

No offense this makes no sense. QB is the hardest position to fill and the most important position to fill. If you have one you build around them you don't trade them. And why would SF care that we're built to win now?

No offense this makes no sense. QB is the hardest position to fill and the most important position to fill. If you have one you build around them you don't trade them. And why would SF care that we're built to win now?

Again, I have been stating since the spring that the Jets should have traded for Kap. The rumors may have produced a better option at QB for the Jets and would certainly have cost less than now. Now it is dire straits for NY as usual. Wilkie Colon dropped that bomb last spring about the Porsche regarding Geno.

Upon further review it looks as though we all knew what he meant. The Jets needed to get serious about the QB position and that failure to this point is glaring. AGAIN.

No SB already with the current cast of QB's.

With the news that Geno will possibly/probably be ready to go by week one, this is no longer a thing. They might sign a guy to be a camp arm, but that'll be the end of it. They were never gonna have one of these guys on the roster opening day, anyway (guaranteeing their full year's salary), and Geno should be ready to at least be the backup by week 2.

@RapSheet: Free agent QB Matt Flynn is working out for the #Jets today, source said. Had spent the early part of camp with the #Patriots.

Good.  I think this is a good option.  The guy doesn't have bad stats, isn't 100 and I haven't heard of him being trouble in the lockers.  Over 60%, 17TD/11INT, over 7 ypa.  We'd sign up for that.  Hope is that he is the kind of guy that was out of work mostly because he is too old to be the future and too expensive to just have in camp, but checking his contracts he has been getting peanuts.  Pats dumped him because he got hurt and they needed arms - same reason we are checking him out.  Seemed like a decent "compete-for-starter" type scrub ala Matt Moore.

With the news that Geno will possibly/probably be ready to go by week one, this is no longer a thing. They might sign a guy to be a camp arm, but that'll be the end of it. They were never gonna have one of these guys on the roster opening day, anyway (guaranteeing their full year's salary), and Geno should be ready to at least be the backup by week 2.

yup

@RapSheet: Free agent QB Matt Flynn is working out for the #Jets today, source said. Had spent the early part of camp with the #Patriots.

Way bak when, I liked Flynn.  Last few years though, when given the opportunity to play, he's looked really bad.  

That said, I dig this move.  Maybe he finds himself again.  We have nothing to lose bringing Flynn in.  He's as good or better than the guys the team has identified/brought in for a tryout.

Again, I have been stating since the spring that the Jets should have traded for Kap. The rumors may have produced a better option at QB for the Jets and would certainly have cost less than now. Now it is dire straits for NY as usual. Wilkie Colon dropped that bomb last spring about the Porsche regarding Geno.

Upon further review it looks as though we all knew what he meant. The Jets needed to get serious about the QB position and that failure to this point is glaring. AGAIN.

No SB already with the current cast of QB's.

I get why you want Kaep. Not a question. But there isn't one reason why the 49'rs would want to trade a QB who's young, who's value has fallen a bit but took the team to the NFCCG and the SB in back to back years before the entire team, from HC on down blew up.

Archived