Jets Source on Geno: He Deserved It

AFJF

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's true about Smith, I'm kind of glad IK cleaned his clock. The guys a Fooking Douche bag.

I was upset at first, but I really believe this means the Jets move on from Smith now. He plays out his rookie contract then gone.

I'd like a QB with some leadership skills not a selfish immature douche.

How many of Idziks picks are still on this roster?  I think we should just go ahead and purge them all after this season.  **** it, even the ones with potential.   Casualties to moving ahead and erasing all the mistakes from the Rex/Idzik era please.

IMO it doesn't matter which version of the story is true.  What matters is in both versions Geno did not handle his business like a professional or a leader and its obvious now that he has had little to no respect from his team mates.

Personally, I'd like to see Mcc work out a trade for Geno rather than cutting him outright.  

Okay, second mention of trading Geno scenario in this thread.   

I'd like to see Mcc test my oft-repeated pre-punch hypothesis and see if there is a team in the NFL that would, in fact, trade a bag of footballs for Geno. Would like to see that trade get done.  

I'm shocked.

I am shocked that the teammates of a starting NFL quarterback would not rally behind him when a reserve linebacker knocks him out in the locker room.

Shocked by the silence that it was tacitly approved.

Shocked that the guy who gets kicked off airplanes, sends dic-pics, curses out fans, misses meetings, and shoves old men would get pounded in the face by a teammate.

Shocked because all I've read online is how amazing a quarterback Geno will be once he gets weapons.

Shocked because I was told little red flags of character mean nothing.

But what's truly shocking is that the Mets are 3.5 games ahead in the NL East.

I, too, am surprised.

Geno probably played his last game as a Jet and IK will get suspended by the NFL for the punch, end up on their practice squad and we will see them for the last game of the year, maybe he will help Rexi give us Conner Cook

It was easy money that Rex or BB would pick him up especially since IK was having a good camp

The odds on Fitz playing the season at QB is very low and Geno could be back before the bye. The odds that he does not start at QB sometime this year is very low.but you never know. Clearly the media and many fans just hate the guy, and some teammates are not too in love with him either.

I'd like to see Mcc test my oft-repeated pre-punch hypothesis and see if there is a team in the NFL that would, in fact, trade a bag of footballs for Geno. Would like to see that trade get done.  

Ummm...I think Jake Heaps has more trade value than Genover.   I wish they would just cut him...in fact Geno deserved to get cut more than IK - it would send a message - if you behave like an A-Hole you will get your butt kicked and lose your job.

If it wasn't I it would have been someone else.  If you are a finger in the face kind of guy sooner or later you do it to the wrong guy and get smoked.  I'm not sad to see Geno not be the starter or be out but I am worried about our QB depth, Fitz goes down in game one and we are screwed.

Exactly.  Nothing wrong with making a few phone calls to GMs.  As Geno is off the field for at least six weeks, might be prudent to wait until the season is a few games old and the possibility of starting QBs getting injured.

If it wasn't I it would have been someone else.  If you are a finger in the face kind of guy sooner or later you do it to the wrong guy and get smoked.  I'm not sad to see Geno not be the starter or be out but I am worried about our QB depth, Fitz goes down in game one and we are screwed.

I heard someone say on the radio yesterday that Vinnie's numbers were very similar to Fitzpatrick's before he came to the Jets.

If we follow that same script, we will be alright.

I heard someone say on the radio yesterday that Vinnie's numbers were very similar to Fitzpatrick's before he came to the Jets.

If we follow that same script, we will be alright.

The story on Fitz is he will be lights out for like a month. Then he will sh*t the bed when you need him the most. Vinny T isn't a bad comparision. 

While far from perfect this is way better than Geno who can go from awesome to terrible to even more terrible in the span of just a few plays. 

The story on Fitz is he will be lights out for like a month. Then he will sh*t the bed when you need him the most. Vinny T isn't a bad comparision. 

While far from perfect this is way better than Geno who can go from awesome to terrible to even more terrible in the span of just a few plays. 

Fitz was all world the first few weeks in Buffalo.  Right away, like idiots, they extend him for a ridiculous amount of money.  I don't think they won a game after that.

I think when all is said and done, this incident will have the unintended benefit of accelerating our moving on from Geno by a season. 

This

Many references in the thread to "Geno Hate" - what's to like?

No question he had a higher ceiling than anyone else on our roster.

But the reason Jets management allowed that situation to exist wasn't due to the many developing virtues of Geno Smith.

They - wisely -  didn't make wasteful moves in $$ or personnel when there wasn't a good bet at QB reasonably available in the draft.

And they didn't make wasteful moves in $$ or personnel to buy a QB off someone's roster.

When all prudent avenues were exhausted in upgrading our QB situation - we wisely grabbed the best seasoned journeyman available and hung on to the statistically worst QB in the league to see if he could turn the corner into respectability.

The $64,000,000 question is as to whether Smith could have been a franchise QB or even respectable. 

I'm more than ok with leaving that question to the ages.

If there was a way to bet as to whether Geno will ever being anything as a football player - I'd be pushing all my chips in against that happening.

Not because I "hate Geno" - but because the strong character deficiencies he exhibits aren't concurrent with winning in QB's or otherwise.

Walking out on the draft

Dick pics

Missed meetings

Lateness

Cursing at and flippin the bird to fans

Getting thrown off airplanes.

Worst QB in the league and has an ego like he is the next Steve Young

Now he stiffs a teamate for money and gets what he deserves.

I'm glad IK knocked him out. Fvck Geno. He sucks as a football player and man.

BTW if it was any other NFL QB who is respected by most of his his teamates who got clobbered in the locker room like Geno was the puncher never would have gotten out of that locker room unscathed.

I would bet most of the NYJ players secretly would love to knock Geno's teeth out.

This

Many references in the thread to "Geno Hate" - what's to like?

No question he had a higher ceiling than anyone else on our roster.

But the reason Jets management allowed that situation to exist wasn't due to the many developing virtues of Geno Smith.

They - wisely -  didn't make wasteful moves in $$ or personnel when there wasn't a good bet at QB reasonably available in the draft.

And they didn't make wasteful moves in $$ or personnel to buy a QB off someone's roster.

When all prudent avenues were exhausted in upgrading our QB situation - we wisely grabbed the best seasoned journeyman available and hung on to the statistically worst QB in the league to see if he could turn the corner into respectability.

The $64,000,000 question is as to whether Smith could have been a franchise QB or even respectable. 

I'm more than ok with leaving that question to the ages.

If there was a way to bet as to whether Geno will ever being anything as a football player - I'd be pushing all my chips in against that happening.

Not because I "hate Geno" - but because the strong character deficiencies he exhibits aren't concurrent with winning in QB's or otherwise.

On target!

Geno is a straight punk and has no business being the "leader" of the Jets. I have wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt coming off two terrible seasons. He looked good on the field, but there is more to being the "face of the franchise" and Geno's attitude is one of entitlement and smugness. Here's to hoping Bryce Petty can take over next year.

I agree with this opinion.  The guy is a punk and is in no way the leader of anything.  I am betting that most of the team will not miss him while he is out.  The guy has accomplished nothing as a pro yet he thinks he is all that.  He is nothing but a jerk.  Jets should cut him as soon as he recovers.

^^^^^ THIS

We didn't exactly just lose Lawrence Taylor to the Bills. Relax a bit everyone. 

Right now we don't know what we lost.  All we know is that he's young, explosive off the edge, and getting rave reviews from onlookers since the day camp started.  He may be out of the league in a few weeks, or he may carve out a very productive career for himself getting after the quarterback.

Walking out on the draft

Dick pics

Missed meetings

Lateness

Cursing at and flippin the bird to fans

Getting thrown off airplanes.

Worst QB in the league and has an ego like he is the next Steve Young

Now he stiffs a teamate for money and gets what he deserves.

I'm glad IK knocked him out. Fvck Geno. He sucks as a football player and man.

BTW if it was any other NFL QB who is respected by most of his his teamates who got clobbered in the locker room like Geno was the puncher never would have gotten out of that locker room unscathed.

I would bet most of the NYJ players secretly would love to knock Geno's teeth out.

Can't argue with any of this.

Right now we don't know what we lost.  All we know is that he's young, explosive off the edge, and getting rave reviews from onlookers since the day camp started.  He may be out of the league in a few weeks, or he may carve out a very productive career for himself getting after the quarterback.

We know we lost a thug that attacked a cop and his team's starting QB. We also know that the team that signed him is run by a guy that many on this board thinks is a clown. 

I'm shocked.  I am shocked that the teammates of a starting NFL quarterback would not rally behind him when a reserve linebacker knocks him out in the locker room.  Shocked by the silence that it was tacitly approved. Shocked that the guy who gets kicked off airplanes, sends dic-pics, curses out fans, misses meetings, and shoves old men would get pounded in the face by a teammate.   Shocked because all I've read online is how amazing a quarterback Geno will be once he gets weapons.  Shocked because I was told little red flags of character mean nothing.   But what's truly shocking is that the Mets are 3.5 games ahead in the NL East.

This. Great post....the Mets are in first place?

We know we lost a thug that attacked a cop and his team's starting QB. We also know that the team that signed him is run by a guy that many on this board thinks is a clown. 

Not extolling the virtues of IK - but get your story straight.

Hit an off-duty, not uniformed, cop that was working security at a bar.

This also would have precluded his ability to identify himself as a cop. 

Easy to repeat what the  headlines are saying, but what we lost is a guy who got in to a fight in a bar when he was nineteen and the bouncer who tried to restrain him just happened to be an off-duty police officer, but I love how people continue to phrase it in such a manner that would imply he attacked a uniformed officer while on duty.  There's a huge difference, but that modified version is so much "sexier".

Many on this board also loved Herm, loved Mangini, loved Rex, and then they were all "incompetent idiots" when they left.

Yay. a Manish article that quotes unnamed sources and feeds into the 'Geno is a dick' narrative that so many here hold dear. One that follows up a report from Ryan 'I'm boys with IK' Clark, which somehow became the end all be all to what happened in the locker room.

I think what is concerning is the fact that there is a noticeable silence from the Jets locker room in defense of Geno. And that unfortunately says a lot. Besides Marshall's tweet, it's been deadly quiet. I don't think we'll even get the real story of went down, but it is apparent that the locker room and a lot of the fan base just don't like the guy. That doesn't matter if you perform like Rothlesberger or Rivers, but when you're Geno f'n Smith, you're screwed.

Yay. a Manish article that quotes unnamed sources and feeds into the 'Geno is a dick' narrative that so many here hold dear. One that follows up a report from Ryan 'I'm boys with IK' Clark, which somehow became the end all be all to what happened in the locker room.

I think what is concerning is the fact that there is a noticeable silence from the Jets locker room in defense of Geno. And that unfortunately says a lot. Besides Marshall's tweet, it's been deadly quiet. I don't think we'll even get the real story of went down, but it is apparent that the locker room and a lot of the fan base just don't like the guy. That doesn't matter if you perform like Rothlesberger or Rivers, but when you're Geno f'n Smith, you're screwed.

Yeah .. you're right ... the poor lad is sooo misunderstood ... everybody picks on him and now this ... standing there minding his own business ... and out of nowhere for no reason

And btw I agree with some here IK is completely overhyped right now. Rex bought in though obviously so well see but I doubt he becomes that big of a player.

Hard to say on that.  Coaches bring in former situational players all the time when they come available.  But Rex also had a strange refusal to play the young guns last year in a lost season.  IK got something like 37 snaps.  I know that Rex was a lame duck at that point and was trying to audition for his next job, but for a team lacking the pass rush department, you'd have thought IK would still have gotten more play over ancient guys like Babin and Pace.

since it's Geno we're talking about ... I think we should err 3 decimal places the other direction!

The $00,000,064 question

;)

What will be funny if somehow the Bills do well and make the playoffs the story will be Rex did it with Marrone's team.. :bssign:

But of course...if he goes 0-16 it's because he knows nothing about football but if he goes 16-0 he was just along for the ride on the juggernaut built by the Jaguars' offensive line coach.

Archived