Taking My Son To His First Jets Game Is Tonight

The Gun Of Bavaria

Tonight is a special moment that anyone who is a Father can appreciate. I'm taking my 5-year-old son to his first Jets game, enjoying the luxury of the Jets being in town and a generous neighbor who gave me his tickets 19 rows off the field. Sure it's preseason, week 1 of preseason no less, but my son doesn't know that and I don't care. Plenty of you out there probably remember your son or daughter's first game to this day and I"m looking forward to creating that memory with a little Fitzmagic tonight.

Next stop after this with my son will be coming to NJ for a home game......something I'm quite overdue for as well.

Pray the Lions fans are on their best behavior. 

Enjoy man, hope you know what your doing infecting that young man with our affliction!

That's why I have a screen name....so CPS doesn't learn my true identity and take the kid away.  The good part is living in Detroit, it would be more cruel for my son to grow up a Lions fan. The Jets may rip our hearts out, but the Lions are so historically inept that even Jets fans feel for their fans. :) 

Good stuff!

I'm sure the Lions have a number you can anonymously text in case someone gets stupid with the language around your 5 year old.

But it looks like you are down low without all the burping, farting blue collar cavones that sit in the UD at MetLife.

Plus it is a PS game that are usually rated PG.

Have a great time!

Good jersey for your boy may be Bryce Petty.

you do understand that this is a major step in condemning your son to being a Jets fan for life.  I still feel guilty for doing that to my boys.  But I remember each of their first games and it was a wonderful experience.  Enjoy and may the good Lord have mercy upon your son's soul.

Enjoy it! I'm bringing my 5 year old daughter to her first game next week vs ATL. She's much more excited than I thought she'd be, even if some of her first words in 2010 were 'J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!'

I already have told my wife that my daughter's allowed to go for about 7 years until she's a teenager, and can resume going once she's in her 20s. I used to nearly get in fights with the idiots making comments to/about my wife at games years ago.. can only imagine if I had to put up with it with my own daughter..

Thanks all. My wife isn't into football so my son is condemned to the Jets, but the most important part is we'll be condemned together. I remember watching Jets football with my Dad and look forward to that with my son, minus the remote throwing.

I've been advised already he wants a hot dog and popcorn. Kid is smart and knows how to work me over.

Tonight is a special moment that anyone who is a Father can appreciate. I'm taking my 5-year-old son to his first Jets game, enjoying the luxury of the Jets being in town and a generous neighbor who gave me his tickets 19 rows off the field. Sure it's preseason, week 1 of preseason no less, but my son doesn't know that and I don't care. Plenty of you out there probably remember your son or daughter's first game to this day and I"m looking forward to creating that memory with a little Fitzmagic tonight.

Next stop after this with my son will be coming to NJ for a home game......something I'm quite overdue for as well.

Are you really SURE you want to do this. :)

Thanks all. My wife isn't into football so my son is condemned to the Jets, but the most important part is we'll be condemned together. I remember watching Jets football with my Dad and look forward to that with my son, minus the remote throwing.

I've been advised already he wants a hot dog and popcorn. Kid is smart and knows how to work me over.

It's a bonding experience for sure when you're growing up, but then you hit your 30s and your dad is in his 60s and you hear him say the words "I wonder if I'll see them ever win anything again before I die." AND HE LEGIT MEANS IT.

Really????? Poor kid. Giants fans will break his nuts the rest of his life.

do the right thing. Burn the tickets.

BTW... Joking. Good for you and him.

Archived