Your First Jets Game

JoeC36

He played well enough to win in Cleveland.  It wasn't Kenny's team.  Those guys were jerkoffs.  He only "briefly thrived" because they were morons.  I can remember watching them call the games.  If you remember different more power to you. 

He did?  in 6 qtrs. he led the O to 13 pts and 7 of them came on a long TD run from Freeman after a TO.

It was Kenny's team, the team he led to 5 straight losses to end the reg season and cost us a div title and bye.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, i was 19. i took my best friend and my dad.  it was the first game for all of us.  we had pretty good seats too.  

the only thing that ruined it for me was this lady next to me was so bitter and negative.  the first half or so every single play she had something negative to say. now i understand she was a typical jets fan.

It's called a SOJF.

Same Old Jet's Fan.

First Jet game was an awesome one.  10/18/70. Super Bowl rematch. I was 15. My dad took my brother and I along with my uncle. We were so psyched. Of course they did just enough to lose and my memory of the game is kinda fuzzy. I do remember B'way Joe threw something like 5 or 6 int's along with a pick six in the second half and they fell behind early and then lost by a touchdown. Had my first beer at that game with my older Bro, Dad and Uncle. An awesome time and a nice walk down memory lane.

Home game against Miami in '81.

Just looked it up and my (faulty) memory was that we won by a FG, since my father and I we were behind the goal post. I was sure of it. Turns out it was just the final XP. I don't even remember the game-tying TD.

Meh, I was young. But it was exciting. Still kept the game program for years (though it's long gone now), since the tickets were given to us and we just didn't go to football games back then. Like most of America at the time, Dad was much more of a baseball fan.

Home game against Miami in '81.

Just looked it up and my (faulty) memory was that we won by a FG, since my father and I we were behind the goal post. I was sure of it. Turns out it was just the final XP. I don't even remember the game-tying TD.

Meh, I was young. But it was exciting. Still kept the game program for years (though it's long gone now), since the tickets were given to us and we just didn't go to football games back then. Like most of America at the time, Dad was much more of a baseball fan.

home vs. Miami in '81 was the Todd to Jerome Barkum game.

https://youtu.be/ucrSOGEgLKM

home vs. Miami in '81 was the Todd to Jerome Barkum game.

https://youtu.be/ucrSOGEgLKM

Cool & thanks!

Yeah, watching that has brought back absolutely no memory of the game-winning (ok game-tying) TD.

I remember the ending being exciting and remember the final kick and I remember my father's road rage driving there through traffic. But not the TD. lol

Cool & thanks!

Yeah, watching that has brought back absolutely no memory of the game-winning (ok game-tying) TD.

I remember the ending being exciting and remember the final kick and I remember my father's road rage driving there through traffic. But not the TD. lol

it was the game winning TD.  I think they won 16-15 on that TD(and PAT).

I meant tying in that the PAT was the winner. I just think it's funny I remember the PAT but not the TD. To the point where all these years I remembered it (or thought I remembered it) as a game-winning FG.

How old were you? maybe I remember it more b/c that was the first year I can remember watching games but that's a pretty famous Td in Jets history.

those games were the same year- 1986.  we beat them 51-45 in OT then lost 45-3 to start that 5 game skid to end the season.  that was the point where ken O'Brien's career spiraled down and he never really recovered.  In '85 and about half of '86 he was really good but we didn't get much after that.

That was the point at which a learned about the forever 'classy' Dolphin fans.  The game was clearly over and yet late in the 4th quarter a good number of Dolphin fans were shouting 'Air it out Dan'.  Classy until the end...

Archived