Is it Safe to Say the Bowles/Mac May Have Overreacted in Releasing IK?

JetBlue

As more details are coming out it is becoming obvious that Geno is the real culprit here in provoking IK over a debt he could have easily have taken care of.   Sure IK was wrong to punch him, but why didn't Mac or Bowles just suspend IK until all the facts were known?  They could always release him later if they wanted to.  

A promising young pass rusher is now on one of our division rivals and our "starting qb" is apparently not very well liked or respected in the locker room.  Funny he was actually playing pretty well in camp.  Oh well, bring on Fitz and the Rookies.   Unless Fitz gets hurt or truly sucks, which I doubt he will, Geno will be a back up this season and will not be back next year. 

I wonder what the NFL plan to do if anything now that more information has come out.  If IK is not suspended and assuming he makes the Bills, then we can look forward to seeing him chase Fitz around twice this year and maybe for years to come.  I guess this is the point when I truly hope IK sucks as a player and doesn't get any better.  

Only on the Jets..... 

No, and I've been maybe the most vocal pro punching Geno person here since before we even had the facts. I was fairly certain he had it coming and the sucker punch talk was ridiculous, everything about him screams smug douche but if you punch the QB and break his jaw you don't really leave the front office a choice. That said I'm glad he got hit and I hope Geno's cut also because he's a clown not a football player

Geno Smith wasn't the best QB in the league but I liked our chances a helluva lot better with him instead of Fitz.

Im sick and tired of joking about the team and its players

46 years and counting guys

I agree with this sentiment. With Fitzpatrick i believe our ceiling is 8-8, 9-7. With Geno, you dont really know but he had all the tools to be a top 10 successful QB. It was all about maturing (which he hasnt) and lowering the turnovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was definitely the right decision. Unfortunately as the story keeps coming out, maybe we need some Geno discipline also.

On second thought, having your jaw broke is enough i guess.

Honestly, I can barely concentrate on a single word that you type with "those" staring at my face.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. :winking0001:

Geno Smith wasn't the best QB in the league but I liked our chances a helluva lot better with him instead of Fitz.

Im sick and tired of joking about the team and its players

46 years and counting guys

The Jets will never make the super bowl with Geno at QB so having him play is a waste of time. Let Fitz play till Petty is ready. If he doesn't look the part draft a QB next year with your top ten pick.

Are you ******* kidding me?

the guy punched a teammate.. a starting quarterback teammate.. in the face. I don't care how much you dislike Geno and think he's a punk, you don't cold clock your own teammate in the locker room.

Though I understand what you're saying, the more info that comes out the more it sounds like Geno wasnt sucker punched. The more info that comes out the more it seems like Geno not only antagonized him but actually invaded his personal space and touched him with his finger. And as I've said here before, KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW HOW THE OTHER PERSON WILL REACT. 

This isnt about defending a punch, but it sounds like Geno could have been hiding behind the fact that he is the starting QB and teammate. If thats the case then how mature is he to take advantage of holding such a position and being a teammate? I wouldnt do that to my teammate or antagonize someone because im the starting QB. You're a man first, which is what Geno should have been acting like if in fact this info is true. 

With that said, IK was cut because he broke his jaw. If Geno wasnt injured this would most likely have been kept quiet, especially if Geno played a bigger part than originally stated. But the situation put the teams season in jeopardy, and though I dont like losing IK, Bowles did the right thing here. 

Geno needs to re-evaluate how he deals with people if any of this info coming out is true. I dont give a damn if you are the starting QB. 

It was definitely the right decision. Unfortunately as the story keeps coming out, maybe we need some Geno discipline also.

On second thought, having your jaw broke is enough i guess.

Not to mention the embarrassment and ridicule he is now facing.   

I agree with this sentiment. With Fitzpatrick i believe our ceiling is 8-8, 9-7. With Geno, you dont really know but he had all the tools to be a top 10 successful QB. It was all about maturing (which he hasnt) and lowering the turnovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What tools exactly does Geno have to be a top 10 qb?

Tony Romo, for example, is certainly a top 10 QB. He's in another stratosphere completed to Jaw-no.

The more I read about it. Yes, he could of been fined (if teams are allowed to do that without the Commish getting his cut) and/or suspended.

I think Geno needs to be fined as well. If you want to control the locker room then don't show favoritism.

Hopefully Geno's lesson will be not getting his starting job back due to Fitz playing well and the Jets winning games with a solid vet game manager. 

PLEASE let this be the case.

Are you ******* kidding me?

the guy punched a teammate.. a starting quarterback teammate.. in the face. I don't care how much you dislike Geno and think he's a punk, you don't cold clock your own teammate in the locker room.

Yes you do but only if it is Geno Smith.

The more I read about it. Yes, he could of been fined (if teams are allowed to do that without the Commish getting his cut) and/or suspended.

I think Geno needs to be fined as well. If you want to control the locker room then don't show favoritism.

Fine Geno for what exactly? Having a jaw like Samuel Jackson's charecter in Unbreakable?

Archived