Is it Safe to Say the Bowles/Mac May Have Overreacted in Releasing IK?

JetBlue

The Jets will never make the super bowl with Geno at QB so having him play is a waste of time. Let Fitz play till Petty is ready. If he doesn't look the part draft a QB next year with your top ten pick.

They stand a better chance at making one with Geno than Fitz. Geno should be back shortly after the bye week and I fully expect him to get his job back this season and after that it will be his to lose. Playing the best QB on the roster though is not a waste of time and the past has shown us there are ways to get a viable QB outside of the top ten picks of a draft so hoping for your team to have a bad season in my opinion is pointless.

As more details are coming out it is becoming obvious that Geno is the real culprit here 

That is just a shockingly stupid statement. Even if Geno was a complete dick, welcher and stuck his finger in IK's face it in no possible way justifies the use of force that IK used nor does it absolve him from completely being the culprit here. If your boss or coworker got in your face or wagged a finger at you and you broke his jaw not only would you lose your job, but you would face criminal and civil charges. Football players are actually protected somewhat from fights on the field of play, but the locker room is a work space. so Geno could sue IK if he chose, or the police could arrest and charge him.

In no way is this form of violence justified not only because it is completely disproportionate but also because there is no real way that IK could justify feeling threatened. All this macho chest thumping about IK being justified because Geno is a bitch and not a leader and all that crap is just idiotic posturing. What IK did is wrong. Period. And completely deserves to be out on his ass.

Here is a novel thought.  Isn't having harsh heated words while putting your finger in someones face similar in a way to the ball being snapped.  So Geno should have been more aware and should have been ready or at least seen the punch coming.  Much like his play under center, he just isn't aware and doesn't see what's coming.

That is just a shockingly stupid statement. Even if Geno was a complete dick, welcher and stuck his finger in IK's face it in no possible way justifies the use of force that IK used nor does it absolve him from completely being the culprit here. If your boss or coworker got in your face or wagged a finger at you and you broke his jaw not only would you lose your job, but you would face criminal and civil charges. Football players are actually protected somewhat from fights on the field of play, but the locker room is a work space. so Geno could sue IK if he chose, or the police could arrest and charge him.

In no way is this form of violence justified not only because it is completely disproportionate but also because there is no real way that IK could justify feeling threatened. All this macho chest thumping about IK being justified because Geno is a bitch and not a leader and all that crap is just idiotic posturing. What IK did is wrong. Period. And completely deserves to be out on his ass.

Get off your ******* high horse.  I have been very clear in multiple threads that what IK did is unacceptable, period.  That is pretty clear.  

You miss the real point.  Geno, by not paying off a simple debt allowed a situation to escalate to the point where he provoked a physical confrontation that turned violent.  As the leader of the team, he has to be above something like this.  

Of course what IK did was wrong and he is no longer on the team.   Are you trying to tell me that if Geno had simply paid the guy or even said "listen I have been caught up learning the playbook etc. but I will take care of this for you after practice, or tomorrow or etc." this entire thing couldn't have been diffused?   When you are the QB, you are a Leader whether you like it or not, and you can't allow something like this to escalate.  

So yes, I lay the blame for this at Genos Feet because  I am holding him to a higher standard. 

Bowles did the right thing. How one feels about Geno is irrelevant. To let IK stay after that would have been catastrophic from an organizational point of view. Still think Geno should press charges, just to make sure the Bills don't get anything out of their tainted move. Rex has really become an inflated dope. No team should have touched IK with a ten foot pole.

No. No matter the provocation you can't tee off on the teams QB for ANY reason. Even if he is a punk a$$ like Geno Smith. Had to go.

My question is where was his offensive linemen during this altercation. Mangold or Colon or Ferguson, ONE of them should have been there to defuse the situation. Maybe Geno is the kind of punk a$$hole that they didn't care about.

Even if the team mate commits an assault on you?

You shove him away, not knock him out for 2-3 months. If it was Revis in his place, I can understand him wanting to be respected and if he knocked Geno out, I'd be okay with it cuz he's a leader. Not a 3rd string LB on a team with not that great of a LB corp to begin with.

Bowles did the right thing.  IK is a marginal player and clearly a terrible decision maker.  Let him go to the circus upstate.

This is what it comes down to. If Mo Wilk broke Geno's jaw, maybe he would've been suspended pending the facts, or maybe he would've been given a stern talking to, but he wouldn't've been cut. IK was cut because he did a remarkably stupid thing and wasn't a good enough football player for the team to overlook that stupidity.

The Bills picked him up on waivers, which means half the league passed on him. If Rex wasn't out there to catch his fall, I suspect he'd still be out of work.

This is what it comes down to. If Mo Wilk broke Geno's jaw, maybe he would've been suspended pending the facts, or maybe he would've been given a stern talking to, but he wouldn't've been cut. IK was cut because he did a remarkably stupid thing and wasn't a good enough football player for the team to overlook that stupidity.

The Bills picked him up on waivers, which means half the league passed on him. If Rex wasn't out there to catch his fall, I suspect he'd still be out of work.

Exactly my point. It wasn't just the punch but who threw it.  

Archived