LB Erin Henderson - Sprained MCL

The Gun Of Bavaria

http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/knee/medial_collateral_ligament_sprain_full.php

In the case of a first degree sprain, sporting activities should not be undertaken for about 3 weeks.

For second degree sprains, the rehabilitation period will be between 6 and 8 weeks. Rehabilitation under the supervision of a chartered physiotherapist is desirable to prevent a recurrence of the injury, which can be common if a return to sport is attempted too early.

In the case of a third degree sprain, where the ligament is completely ruptured, the treatment of choice is surgery to repair the structure. The type of reconstruction used will depend on the exact site of the damage and the preference of the surgeon.

Agreed. Dodge a bullet. I was rooting for this guy to be a comeback player of the year type... 

Is that known yet? What I read is that it's believed to be a sprain but he's getting his MRI today. Also there are sprains and there are sprains. From what I read earlier what's termed as a 3rd degree "sprain" is a complete/full tear of the ligament.

Archived