What to do with Calvin Pryor?

Pryor is a BUST!

You can't teach instincts & he has none. Really sucks, you can't keep missing so badly on 1st round picks.

Anyone that tells Rex wasn't a part of the Pryor pick is full of sh*t.

Jets needed offensive studs. Ugh those drafts are biting our azz now.

And where the hell is Amaro?

Could have been Bridgewater.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pryor looked bad for sure, he is not fluid and does not look like a good football player. Really dissapointing

Our need was at cornerback which is why I was shocked at the selection of Pryor, who I heard was pushed for by - of course - Rex Ryan. Kyle Fuller of Va Tech would have been a much better selection. Pryor was an in-the-box safety and that is all he can do. In space he is lost and cannot tackle in open space. He certainly cannot cover anyone. I have said it before and I will again. Cut him and be done with it.

Our need was at cornerback which is why I was shocked at the selection of Pryor, who I heard was pushed for by - of course - Rex Ryan. Kyle Fuller of Va Tech would have been a much better selection. Pryor was an in-the-box safety and that is all he can do. In space he is lost and cannot tackle in open space. He certainly cannot cover anyone. I have said it before and I will again. Cut him and be done with it.

Fuller was off the board. 

Darqueze Dennard was still on the board and was known for his man to man/press coverage.  Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin...probably would have fit a need and value too.  Or Teddy Bridgewater...but it's cool, Pryor was nicknamed the Louisville Slugger in college. 

Anyone else think Miles looked 10 times better then Pryor, he was all over the place last night, he looks like our starting Strong Safety to me. if Pryor was not a 1st rounder the guy would be on the bubble.

Yeah I heard Pryor was awful last night.

Pryor did not play he was away in a private matter, (death in the family) its just Miles showed so much more last night, than Pryor had his entire time with the Jets. 

Pryor wasn't playing his natural position lets give him some time and see how his skills change if not then we can say he's a bust. 

My point is still valid,Miles played great, and I don't see how Pryor is better then this kid, he came from a small program, and taken some time do get his head round the mental side of the pro game.

To me he looks like the player Pryor should be. Playing out of position at Free Safety last year, but that's coverage, the guy just cant tackle, whiffs, takes bad angles, and is slow. I hope he can become serviceable. 

He's behind Miles and Jarrett for me in the Depth chart at Strong Safety.  

My point is still valid,Miles played great, and I don't see how Pryor is better then this kid, he came from a small program, and taken some time do get his head round the mental side of the pro game.

To me he looks like the player Pryor should be. Playing out of position at Free Safety last year, but that's coverage, the guy just cant tackle, whiffs, takes bad angles, and is slow. I hope he can become serviceable. 

Your depth chart is upside down.

Miles played great against Falcon scrubs.

Anyone else think Miles looked 10 times better then Pryor, he was all over the place last night, he looks like our starting Strong Safety to me. if Pryor was not a 1st rounder the guy would be on the bubble.

Jaquan Jarrett played with the starters last night, he deserves the chance to win the job. I like Miles but he hasn't played with the first team at all, yet.

Yea Miles looked good yesterday I would like to see him rotate with Pryor next week with the starters. Miles was on our roster last season too and I think he saw one game and had no tackles deflections or anything.

If Calvin Pryor can't contribute on special teams, you cut him... plain and simple. And since he takes bad angles and can't tackle, he shouldn't play special teams. A 3rd string safety that doesn't play ST is completely worthless.

Maybe he can teach Geometry at Louisville? Oh wait.... Maybe he can carve wooden baseball bats instead?

If Calvin Pryor can't contribute on special teams, you cut him... plain and simple. And since he takes bad angles and can't tackle, he shouldn't play special teams. A 3rd string safety that doesn't play ST is completely worthless.

Maybe he can teach Geometry at Louisville? Oh wait.... Maybe he can carve wooden baseball bats instead?

Ugh, absolutely not.  He's not getting cut.  

Ugh, absolutely not. He's not getting cut.

Yeah, what a ridiculous concept I suggested... I should know that it was soooo wise to keep Vernon Gholston around for 2 more years even though it was evident immediately that he couldn't play. But hey, he was a first round pick! That's all that matters, right?

If they keep Pryor, mark my words. They will regret cutting someone else to keep him around and "wait" for him to develop.

Yeah, what a ridiculous concept I suggested... I should know that it was soooo wise to keep Vernon Gholston around for 2 more years even though it was evident immediately that he couldn't play. But hey, he was a first round pick! That's all that matters, right?

If they keep Pryor, mark my words. They will regret cutting someone else to keep him around and "wait" for him to develop.

Not a chance.  And yes, it is a ridiculous concept.  We've never seen him play the position he was drafted to play and the CS has said he's looked good.  And we need him and the position he's set to fill.  But we should cut him saving nothing.  To carry someone, anyone, that we might be able to hold onto anyway.  Because any pick fans haven't seen play is Gholston II.  

Not a chance. And yes, it is a ridiculous concept. We've never seen him play the position he was drafted to play and the CS has said he's looked good. And we need him and the position he's set to fill. But we should cut him saving nothing. To carry someone, anyone, that we might be able to hold onto anyway. Because any pick fans haven't seen play is Gholston II.

My concept is to keep players that earn a roster spot based on performance, not when they were drafted.

And as for the "position" you're referring to? The hard hitting, in-the-box safety has been made almost obsolete by the rule changes. It barely exists.

My concept is to keep players that earn a roster spot based on performance, not when they were drafted.

And as for the "position" you're referring to? The hard hitting, in-the-box safety has been made almost obsolete by the rule changes. It barely exists.

There is no one on the bottom of the roster who's better than Pryor.  If we would even know, people are talking about how sh1tty he played last night.  The ultimate in stupid analysis.  And the rule changes haven't made his position almost obsolete.  

Its absurd many here are giving up on Pryor already . Last year he was atrociously misused by the defensive mastermind.  With a new defensive scheme and coaches this year,  its almost like his rookie year all over again. Give him some time he'll settle in.

Sure the pansified NFL has eliminated the hard head shots , but in no way has the  hard hitting safety become obsolete.

I'm sure glad I don't work for some of you guys here ,those Monday mornings after Jet games I'd be fired. 

There is no one on the bottom of the roster who's better than Pryor. If we would even know, people are talking about how sh1tty he played last night. The ultimate in stupid analysis. And the rule changes haven't made his position almost obsolete.

Whatever man. You keep the faith. Do you know what faith is? Believing in something without the support of logic, reasoning, and evidence.

Pryor failed to show potential on even a single play last season. Not. One.

Archived