The only solution to salvage this season is to trade for a QB.

joewilly12

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we upgraded our starting QB position this past week, I wish it was never under those circumstances but Fitz > Geno. With that said we downgraded at backup QB and Fitz is somewhat of an injury risk. Trade for a backup QB? Fine, but might as well just spend money and bring in a Flynn or Thigpen.

I felt this way once it was clear they were spending like a team that wanted to win now, and had flashbacks to when the Jets had the best defense in the NFL and handed the keys to a rookie QB.

There are roughly 15 QB's in the league that can pretty much guarantee they'd come in and salvage our season.  None of them will be traded to us for any amount of picks. 

Exactly.  There is no magic cure. Having Fitz is about as good as the Jets can do this season.  Add a Flynn-type backup behind Fitz.  That's it. Deal with it.

I cant see trading for Kap as I donth think SF would give up their starting QB up. I think our best option would be Glennon, I agree with Villian and a few other posters here. I think he has a lot of upside and could develop into a good QB. I think Geno's days are numbered. I dont think they will trade for a QB but this could be a likley scenario.

Again? Prepare yourself for Rex Grossman.

We'll be fine as long as Fitz is healthy.

Jets have brought Matt Flynn in for a tryout. He will probably be the guy if healthy. Yet another overrated QB who had a few nice games then faded. Probably pretty good backup though.

I cant see trading for Kap as I donth think SF would give up their starting QB up. I think our best option would be Glennon, I agree with Villian and a few other posters here. I think he has a lot of upside and could develop into a good QB. I think Geno's days are numbered. I dont think they will trade for a QB but this could be a likley scenario.

If you could get Glennon for a 2nd rd pick I would do it and throw in broken jaw as well..

Fitzy or Geno?

Fitzpatrick is good for a few games then reverts back to what he is...a solid backup QB. Hope he holds up until the bye. Geno should be back by then and he IS an upgrade over Fitzy. geno may be a "problem child, pain in the a$$, whatever" but he has taken to Gailey's system and will win a few games. Don't know how well received he will be in locker room, but that isn't something we can do anything about, so no sense worrying as long as the team plays for him that's what matters.

Fitzpatrick is good for a few games then reverts back to what he is...a solid backup QB. Hope he holds up until the bye. Geno should be back by then and he IS an upgrade over Fitzy. geno may be a "problem child, pain in the a$$, whatever" but he has taken to Gailey's system and will win a few games. Don't know how well received he will be in locker room, but that isn't something we can do anything about, so no sense worrying as long as the team plays for him that's what matters.

So the rumors Geno could be back week 1 are BS?

I think we upgraded our starting QB position this past week, I wish it was never under those circumstances but Fitz > Geno. With that said we downgraded at backup QB and Fitz is somewhat of an injury risk. Trade for a backup QB? Fine, but might as well just spend money and bring in a Flynn or Thigpen.

Fitzpatrick is definitely NOT an upgrade over Geno. Fitzy has never been a QB I worried about beating us. He does not have as strong an arm or the mobility of Smith. Geno - from all indications - has taken well to Gailey's system and even though he is a punk personally, he is an upgrade over Fitz.

This is hysterical. We lose the worst starting qb in the nfl and now we need to trade to salvage the season? The season needed to be salvaged in january but we did not address the qb position.

It would be best to go 1-15 and get the number one pick and take a qb. But we would never be that lucky.

Fitzpatrick is definitely NOT an upgrade over Geno. Fitzy has never been a QB I worried about beating us. He does not have as strong an arm or the mobility of Smith. Geno - from all indications - has taken well to Gailey's system and even though he is a punk personally, he is an upgrade over Fitz.

And Geno has beat us... :animal0029:

This is hysterical. We lose the worst starting qb in the nfl and now we need to trade to salvage the season? The season needed to be salvaged in january but we did not address the qb position.

It would be best to go 1-15 and get the number one pick and take a qb. But we would never be that lucky.

We would repeat the Obrien pick and leave Marino on the board.

What a 2nd rd pick ? Please pass me whatever your smoking

He was a 3rd pick and he's played well in the time he was in there.. I don't think they would let him go for less.. If they let him go for a 7th I would be ecstatic but that ain't happening.. I'm adding the desperation factor that's why I said a 2nd..

For the exception of Vinny being the first pick in the 1987 draft and Fitz being a 7th rd pick I agree, both have had their seasons of competent play..

Well yes, there's the draft thing.

But perhaps that will be trumped by the similarity of having a coach who is familiar with them bringing them in to lead an otherwise well put together team.......hmm

Archived