The only solution to salvage this season is to trade for a QB.

joewilly12

He was a 3rd pick and he's played well in the time he was in there.. I don't think they would let him go for less.. If they let him go for a 7th I would be ecstatic but that ain't happening.. I'm adding the desperation factor that's why I said a 2nd..

I'm not trading a 2nd rd pick for Tampa garbage . There is no bidding war for Glennon . All the teams out there that could use a QB ain't even trying to get him what does that tell you ?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yes, there's the draft thing.

But perhaps that will be trumped by the similarity of having a coach who is familiar with them bringing them in to lead an otherwise well put together team.......hmm

Fitz was familiar with Gailey obviously, who was Vinny familiar with when he came to the Jets other then BB??

Bowels didn't seem to worried in his presser and we were lousy in one pre season game, I would not be opposed to trading for a QB if it were one that could possibly become a viable NFL starter. Why not wait and see how things play out this was Bowles' first time seeing what an NFL game looks like through the eyes of a head coach maybe the team will look significantly better next week as he claims they will.

They should have done that in the off season if they were going to do so.  Have to stick it out now make QB a priority next year.  No one is going to trade a true Qb prospect this time of year.  Pick up a scrap heap cut at camp end and roll with it.

He was a 3rd pick and he's played well in the time he was in there.. I don't think they would let him go for less.. If they let him go for a 7th I would be ecstatic but that ain't happening.. I'm adding the desperation factor that's why I said a 2nd..

I think your right Savage it would probably take a 2nd, I would hope it would be for a 3rd but I don't know if Tampa would let him go.

I dont understand the thinking behind trading a 2nd or 3rd for a guy the other team doesn't like. I live in Sarasota. The locals kinda respect Glennon but they view him along the lines of Chad Henne and a less mobile Alex Smith. He is not a solution. Just another bandaid.

I dont understand the thinking behind trading a 2nd or 3rd for a guy the other team doesn't like. I live in Sarasota. The locals kinda respect Glennon but they view him along the lines of Chad Henne and a less mobile Alex Smith. He is not a solution. Just another bandaid.

From my perspective any QB that has a 2-1 td to pick ratio sounds good..LOL On the Jets the last really good year was Chad in 2002, 22 tds and just 6 picks.. That's 13 years ago that's why Glennons  29 tds and 15 picks sound good.. I agree it could be just a band aid but it's been a long time since we had a homegrown(draft pick) franchise QB.. 

Bowels didn't seem to worried in his presser and we were lousy in one pre season game, I would not be opposed to trading for a QB if it were one that could possibly become a viable NFL starter. Why not wait and see how things play out this was Bowles' first time seeing what an NFL game looks like through the eyes of a head coach maybe the team will look significantly better next week as he claims they will.

I hope he calls the plays on Defense.

Fitz doesn't seem so bad to me, he doesn't turn it over like crazy and we have some decent weapons, Offense will be middle of the pack which is A ok with me. I mean we have to start somewhere...

we might make playoffs with this kid.

He's 32 no kid weak arm and he cant run. 

Hey, seems like you're new to Jets football so I'll fill you in on the past decade or so.

Jets don't win enough games to win the division and yet still manage to get meaningless wins in a lost season year after year to miss out on the top qb prospects. When decent qb prospects somehow fall in their laps they decide to pass on it in lieu of an umpteenth cb or defensive lineman. When they do take qb prospects , they let them lead the league in turnovers and let them lead bottom ten offenses for about three years before starting the new cycle. And when Peyton Manning is a free agent they get rebuffed and respond strongly with an extension rewarding incompetent qb play.

Hey, seems like you're new to Jets football so I'll fill you in on the past decade or so.

Jets don't win enough games to win the division and yet still manage to get meaningless wins in a lost season year after year to miss out on the top qb prospects. When decent qb prospects somehow fall in their laps they decide to pass on it in lieu of an umpteenth cb or defensive lineman. When they do take qb prospects , they let them lead the league in turnovers and let them lead bottom ten offenses for about three years before starting the new cycle. And when Peyton Manning is a free agent they get rebuffed and respond strongly with an extension rewarding incompetent qb play.

Sometimes it's in lieu of a TE or S

Fitzpatrick and Testaverde's pre-Jets careers are not all that dissimilar.  Just saying.

This is silly. Testeverde was a prototype physical specimen of a QB, even if he hadn't completely figured it out yet. Fitzpatrick is a physical JAG. There's no comparison. Highly unlikely that Fitzpatrick has that kind of break out.

Gentlemen Fitzpatrick was brought here to be a backup he is now our starter we need to trade for a QB better than Fitzpatrick. 

No reason to attack and ridicule over this we are all frustrated and angry. 

Fitzpatrick is not the answer.

Ridicule is warranted. Geno will probably be the backup on opening day, and the coaches will determine who's gonna start between the two of them after that. Basically the same situation the team was in before IK rearranged Geno's jaw.

Mr because Aaron is not available

In 2005 we gave the Raiders our first rd pick for a TE and some other picks.. Now we did have the often injured Chaddy but had we kept the first its not out of the realm of possibility that we could have had Rogers.. :animal0029:

In 2005 we gave the Raiders our first rd pick for a TE and some other picks.. Now we did have the often injured Chaddy but had we kept the first its not out of the realm of possibility that we could have had Rogers.. :animal0029:

Doug Jolley did we really trade a 1st round pick for him my memory sucks.

We usually blow the pick I just cant take another losing season especially with all the talent we have minus he QB 

Understand, the last few years have been ugly, just not sure this year will be different, the Idzik 19 will haunt us for a year or two, would love to see a spark at QB, we have had 5 years of bottom 5 players at QB

Favre gave us 8-10 games, Mark had two, Geno had Miami, that's about it   

Washington has 3 QBs.  Cousins and McCoy are battling for the back-up role.   I'm happy to take whoever they don't want as they are both better than any FA currently available.  A reasonable trade should be doable.

Washington has 3 QBs.  Cousins and McCoy are battling for the back-up role.   I'm happy to take whoever they don't want as they are both better than any FA currently available.  A reasonable trade should be doable.

I'm hoping Geno is back for week 1 or 2 and actually kinda psyched to see him in the new O with Marshall. But if McCoy becomes available, I'd love to have him. Think he has the chance to be pretty good.

The Skins wil keep Cousins and I want no part of McCoy unless they are paying us to take him off their hands.  Hopefully, they pay us in donuts and beer.

Agree

I'm hoping Geno is back for week 1 or 2 and actually kinda psyched to see him in the new O with Marshall. But if McCoy becomes available, I'd love to have him. Think he has the chance to be pretty good.

Great news. McCoy is better than Fitz. 

Archived