The only solution to salvage this season is to trade for a QB.

joewilly12

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mirer,Fiedler,Carter,Brunell,Vick.......

I would not place fitz in this talent group. not at all. rick mirer was worthless and the ultimate bust. jay fiedler played a respectable season or so.quincy carter is gino redux, & vick & brunell were done. I wanted idzik to get fitz last year and fitz wound up playing an adequate half a season till he broke his leg. I think at this point, its the best we can hope for

Watching Michael Irving on the pregame show last week laughing at Fitz and the Jets reminded me of how Barkley usually blasts the Knicks.   Irving was right, Fitz has really done nothing in his career and we are in trouble.   

Watching Michael Irving on the pregame show last week laughing at Fitz and the Jets reminded me of how Barkley usually blasts the Knicks.   Irving was right, Fitz has really done nothing in his career and we are in trouble.   

neither has geno. the jets are basically in the same boat any which way you look at it

Based on all reports Geno was having a great camp was connecting with WRs few turnovers it was the talk of camp i figured 3rd year new OC a true #1 WR things were looking promising. 

Yes because QBs have always had great years after thriving in preseason.

I'm more sure than ever Geno would have sunk us this year. His mental aptitude is awful.

Yes because QBs have always had great years after thriving in preseason.

I'm more sure than ever Geno would have sunk us this year. His mental aptitude is awful.

Will you STOP you dont like Geno end of discussion STOP embarrassing yourself.  

The Jets scored 3 points in the first pre season game Geno was nowhere near the field,who sunk us.

Fitzpatrick and Testaverde's pre-Jets careers are not all that dissimilar.  Just saying.

Except for the parts where they are totally dissimilar?

Not that Testaverde's career made him "the other Dan Marino" by any stretch, but I don't recall Fitzpatrick finishing any seasons in the top 2-3 in passing yards, touchdowns, yards/completion, or being to make any throw on the field (let alone so recently prior to the Jets picking him up). Also Testaverde had been with the same team for the past 5 years; we are Fitzpatrick's 4th team in 4 years. And Vinny was completely let go over money (relative to his play); Fitzpatrick was comparatively great $ value for his production at the time.

The part that's not-dissimilar (at the time the Jets picked up each), is that their prior teams each wanted to go with younger guys, for better or worse.

Will you STOP you dont like Geno end of discussion STOP embarrassing yourself.  

The Jets scored 3 points in the first pre season game Geno was nowhere near the field,who sunk us.

The guy, coming off of surgery, instead of listening to doctors, decides to go outside and throw a football. When he could easily hit the books and learn how to read coverages better. 

That's stupid. And combine that with the unwillingness to pay $600, its mind boggling.

I don't care if they scored 3 points. IT'S PRESEASON. Wake me up when they score 3 points in the opener and then I will be concerned. You obviously have an agenda of your own against Ryan Fitzpatrick

The guy, coming off of surgery, instead of listening to doctors, decides to go outside and throw a football. When he could easily hit the books and learn how to read coverages better. 

That's stupid. And combine that with the unwillingness to pay $600, its mind boggling.

I don't care if they scored 3 points. IT'S PRESEASON. Wake me up when they score 3 points in the opener and then I will be concerned. You obviously have an agenda of your own against Ryan Fitzpatrick

Big deal he's tossing a football in the parking lot where he lives its not like he's on a field somewhere doing it as a full blown workout. 

Do you know the entire story about the $600 maybe Geno didnt want to be part of IKs scrub camp to begin with. 

No agenda against anyone I hope Fitzpatrick wins us a Super Bowl dont make it personal with me this is a message board you have your opinions and I have mine. 

Not that Testaverde's career made him "the other Dan Marino" by any stretch, but I don't recall Fitzpatrick finishing any seasons in the top 2-3 in passing yards, touchdowns, yards/completion, or being to make any throw on the field (let alone so recently prior to the Jets picking him up). Also Testaverde had been with the same team for the past 5 years; we are Fitzpatrick's 4th team in 4 years. And Vinny was completely let go over money (relative to his play); Fitzpatrick was comparatively great $ value for his production at the time.

The part that's not-dissimilar (at the time the Jets picked up each), is that their prior teams each wanted to go with younger guys, for better or worse.

Plus Vinny was a Pro Bowl QB in 1996 before coming to the Jets in 98.. As I always say to my compiler friends, Vinny has more yardage and td's then Montana should he be in the HOF?? :winking0001:

Big deal he's tossing a football in the parking lot where he lives its not like he's on a field somewhere doing it as a full blown workout. 

Do you know the entire story about the $600 maybe Geno didnt want to be part of IKs scrub camp to begin with. 

No agenda against anyone I hope Fitzpatrick wins us a Super Bowl dont make it personal with me this is a message board you have your opinions and I have mine. 

If he was told by doctors that he could do that, I would have no objections. But MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS told him not to do that. That's a big deal.

This is not personal, trust me. This is strictly logical. 

Then you say no I have other commitments and it's done with..

If he was told by doctors that he could do that, I would have no objections. But MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS told him not to do that. That's a big deal.

This is not personal, trust me. This is strictly logical. 

Have you seen his medical orders?  Were in the Dr.s office with him when he was supposedly told all this. Please STOP thank you.

Based on all reports Geno was having a great camp was connecting with WRs few turnovers it was the talk of camp i figured 3rd year new OC a true #1 WR things were looking promising. 

I asked what has Geno done.

"Reportedly" looking a little better in training camp in year 3 after being the worst #1 QB in the NFL in years 1 and 2 is not doing something, it's press PR fluff.

What has Geno DONE to warrant so much slobbery man love from you?  On the field, in games, where it matters.

"Reportedly" looking a little better in training camp in year 3 after being the worst #1 QB in the NFL in years 1 and 2 is not doing something, it's press PR fluff.

What has Geno DONE to warrant so much slobbery man love from you?  On the field, in games, where it matters.

I bet Chaddy cakes is pissed at JW he thought he was his great love..LOL

He worked in the off season to improve his level of play he showed a lot of better QB qualities in training camp he did all this while keeping his mouth shut the Jets went out and got Chan Gailey seems to have simplified the offense they went out and got a true #1 WR in Marshall all the pieces were coming together it would have been Geno's 3rd year I was hoping for a decent season.

Manlove?  I have a love for the Jets lifelong fan last time they won I was 6 years old I still have the Namath jersey. 

QBs always an issue here and wanted to finally believe this season we might unveil a new and improved Geno Smith at QB. 

Mock me all you want I only want whats best for this team and fans like you and me who deserve so much better. 

He worked in the off season to improve his level of play he showed a lot of better QB qualities in training camp he did all this while keeping his mouth shut the Jets went out and got Chan Gailey seems to have simplified the offense they went out and got a true #1 WR in Marshall all the pieces were coming together it would have been Geno's 3rd year I was hoping for a decent season.

Manlove?  I have a love for the Jets lifelong fan last time they won I was 6 years old I still have the Namath jersey. 

QBs always an issue here and wanted to finally believe this season we might unveil a new and improved Geno Smith at QB. 

Mock me all you want I only want whats best for this team and fans like you and me who deserve so much better. 

Again, "reportedly" looking better in camp is not doing something, it's fluff.  We ALL would have liked to see if the fluff had any basis in facts.....but Geno, apparently, was too stupid to not get decked by a disgruntled linebacker he ripped off and was too poor a leader to handle.

Yes, QB has always been an issue here, no doubt about it.  Especially the last two years, where Geno was, in factual terms, the worst QB the Jets have played in years.  The worst starter in the league over that time.

Which is why I cannot fathom your apparent hatred for a guy with a better resume (Fitz) and refusal to accept that Geno, yet again, let us Fans down in this kerfluffle.  At least this time he didn't do it ON the field.

Was speaking strictly in terms of TD, INT, completion %, and W-L.  If you go take a look at the stats you'll see what I was getting at.

Archived