The only solution to salvage this season is to trade for a QB.

joewilly12

I asked what has Geno done.

"Reportedly" looking a little better in training camp in year 3 after being the worst #1 QB in the NFL in years 1 and 2 is not doing something, it's press PR fluff.

What has Geno DONE to warrant so much slobbery man love from you? On the field, in games, where it matters.

What has Geno done? He's looked maybe 4-5 times better than most of the scrubs being mentioned last offseason and the current wave of hysteria.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know the entire story about the $600 maybe Geno didnt want to be part of IKs scrub camp

to begin with

geno might not of thought ik's camp was important, but geno knew it was important to ik. the whole brothers friends death excuse seems like just that. an excuse. ask your self this. if it was genos camp, would geno cancel his own event over his brothers friends death? I think you know the answer to that. this wreaks of the team meeting he missed on the west coast. losing track of the time was the excuse. the reality is he just didn't feel like going. ik's camp seemed like a great idea to geno at the time, and in the end, he just didn't feel like going

Ummm... the season hasn't even started yet. I don't know how you see a need to salvage a season that hasn't so much as begun. Hell, we've only played on preseason game. Take a deep breath. 

There was no guarantee Geno was going to be anything more than what he's already been. 

Granted, I am not excited at all about Ryan Fitzpatrick but he was going to start at least a couple of games this year anyway. 

We weren't winning the Super Bowl this year anyway. This year was always about assessing where we are at and setting up the future. 

Ummm... the season hasn't even started yet. I don't know how you see a need to salvage a season that hasn't so much as begun. Hell, we've only played on preseason game. Take a deep breath. 

There was no guarantee Geno was going to be anything more than what he's already been. 

Granted, I am not excited at all about Ryan Fitzpatrick but he was going to start at least a couple of games this year anyway. 

We weren't winning the Super Bowl this year anyway. This year was always about assessing where we are at and setting up the future. 

Pretty much this...there isnt anything to salvage.  The Jets already had one of, if not, the worst QB's situation in the league.  Salvaging the season would have been finding better options than Geno Smith or Ryan Fitzpatrick prior to camp.  They failed to do that so the season was over before it started.  As you said, this is a year to assess the roster (really Geno so that part is lost) and hopefully get some light at the end of the tunnel for a franchise QB.

geno might not of thought ik's camp was important, but geno knew it was important to ik. the whole brothers friends death excuse seems like just that. an excuse. ask your self this. if it was genos camp, would geno cancel his own event over his brothers friends death? I think you know the answer to that. this wreaks of the team meeting he missed on the west coast. losing track of the time was the excuse. the reality is he just didn't feel like going. ik's camp seemed like a great idea to geno at the time, and in the end, he just didn't feel like going

What the ****?  Why don't you accuse Geno of pulling a gun on him?  There is as much factual basis for that charge as this.

Pretty much this...there isnt anything to salvage.  The Jets already had one of, if not, the worst QB's situation in the league.  Salvaging the season would have been finding better options than Geno Smith or Ryan Fitzpatrick prior to camp.  They failed to do that so the season was over before it started.  As you said, this is a year to assess the roster (really Geno so that part is lost) and hopefully get some light at the end of the tunnel for a franchise QB.

There are a bunch of "if's" that would have to work out in our favor:

Can Bowels be as good of a HC as we hope?

Can the D play up to the top 5 performance we think they can?

Can our team make it thru 2015 relatively injury free to the starters with only weak backups behind them?

Can Chan Gailey show the difference that a good OC can do?

Can the OL gel as a unit?

These are all basically hoping for new and/or improved results from what we've had in 2014 and before.

One other important question though:

Can Fitz play the same as he did in 2014 but remain healthy through the whole season?

This is not asking him to play better ... It is asking him to PLAY THE SAME AS LAST YEAR ... But for 16 games.

That should be an important distinction

All of these if situations are unlikely to work out in our favor ... But if they do this team certainly can make the playoffs

JMO

I'm not trading a 2nd rd pick for Tampa garbage . There is no bidding war for Glennon . All the teams out there that could use a QB ain't even trying to get him what does that tell you ?

It tells you absolutely nothing. 

Russell Wilson wasnt taken until the 3rd round, what does that tell you?

Everyone wants a HOF QB, but how many teams were knocking down Tampa's door for back up Steve Young? What does that tell you? 

Aaron Rodgers was passed up by every team that needed a QB in the 1st round of his draft year. What does that tell you? 

All those teams that could have used a QB passed on guys like Kurt Warner, Warren Moon & Tony Romo. All those guys were undrafted rookie free agent QB's, two of them are HOF'ers and the 3rd is arguably a top 10 QB.  What does that tell you? 

All those teams who needed a QB passed on Drew Brees after injury. What does that tell you? 

I can do this all day bro, and I never have to touch the 6th rd pick Tom Brady. Jeff Garcia=undrafted, Doug Williams= started as back up, ended as SB MVP, Jeff Hostetler started as a back up ended a SB winner. Nick Foles, started as a backup ended as a MVP candidate and won MVP of the Probowl. After an injury the following year he then loses his starting position to Sanchez then is traded to the Rams as their starter. Doug Flutie, 11th round draft pick...might as well be an UDRFA. 

My above response is the reason why what I highlighted in your quote is so illogical. It only takes 1 person, 1 team, 1 opportunity to completely crumble such an illogical question. 

And as for icing on the cake, the very team we're speaking of (Tampa) has drafted then either traded or moved on from 3 different QB's that eventually went on to win a SB. They have even more that have played in playoff championship games (Vinny Testaverde). 

I have a good feeling that Mike Glennon will continue that trend, I just hope its for the Jets and not one of the other 30 teams that currently dont see the talent. 

Everyone wants a HOF QB, but how many teams were knocking down Tampa's door for Steve Young? What does that tell you? 

All those teams that could have used a QB passed on guys like Kurt Warner, Warren Moon & Tony Romo. All those guys were undrafted rookie free agent QB's, two of them are HOF'ers and the 3rd is arguably a top 10 QB.  What does that tell you? 

All those teams who needed a QB passed on Drew Brees after injury. What does that tell you? 

I can do this all day bro, and I never have to touch the 6th rd pick Tom Brady. Jeff Garcia=undrafted, Doug Williams= started as back up, ended as SB MVP, Jeff Hostetler started as a back up ended a SB winner. Nick Foles, started as a backup ended as a MVP candidate and won MVP of the Probowl. After an injury the following year he then loses his starting position to Sanchez then is traded to the Rams as their starter. Doug Flutie, 11th round draft pick...might as well be an UDRFA. 

My above response is the reason why what I highlighted in your quote is so illogical. It only takes 1 person, 1 team, 1 opportunity to completely crumble such an illogical question. 

And as for icing on the cake, the very team we're speaking of (Tampa) has drafted then either traded or moved on from 3 different QB's that eventually went on to win a SB. They have even more that have played in playoff championship games (Vinny Testaverde). 

I have a good feeling that Mike Glennon will continue that trend, I just hope its for the Jets and not one of the other 30 teams that currently dont see the talent. 

The Eagles traded AJ Feeley  to the Fins for a 2nd rd pick and Feeley didn't have the stats close to Glennon.. Now it didn't work out for the Fins but they tried at least..

The Eagles traded AJ Feeley  to the Fins for a 2nd rd pick and Feeley didn't have the stats close to Glennon.. Now it didn't work out for the Fins but they tried at least..

Exactly.

There are just as many examples of how something worked as when it didnt work. I just find it amazing how people are so pessimistic when Glennon's stats are EASILY better than any QB we have on our roster. 

All Glennon has to do is play the exact same way and we would be way ahead as an offense given what we could also provide him that he has not had in Tampa. He's never had an Oline or a run game. And the last time Tampa had a top 5 defense has to be 10+ years ago. 

Exactly.

There are just as many examples of how something worked as when it didnt work. I just find it amazing how people are so pessimistic when the Glennon's stats are EASILY better than any QB we have on our roster. 

All Glennon has to do is play the exact same way and we would be way ahead as an offense given what we could also provide him that he has not had in Tampa. He's never had an Oline or a run game. And the last time Tampa had a top 5 defense has to be 10+ years ago. 

Then when they had a shot at Bree's they decided on Culpepper instead..LOL

If Geno didn't really go to a funeral it would be incredibly easy to confirm. In fact, it is so easy to determine if Geno did or did not go to a funeral I can guarantee you he did because if he didn't it would have been on the back pages of the Daily News and Post multiple times by now. 

If Geno didn't really go to a funeral it would be incredibly easy to confirm. In fact, it is so easy to determine if Geno did or did not go to a funeral I can guarantee you he did because if he didn't it would have been on the back pages of the Daily News and Post multiple times by now. 

I am sure he did go to the funeral. my point was that if it was genos event, I don't think geno would have made it to said funeral. just my opinion

Everyone wants a HOF QB, but how many teams were knocking down Tampa's door for back up Steve Young? What does that tell you? 

Aaron Rodgers was passed up by every team that needed a QB in the 1st round of his draft year. What does that tell you? 

Wait a minute.  Now you're for Mike Glennon?!?!

Archived