Per Joe Benigno on WFAN today...Rex gave Ik....

Kleckineau

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never mind that he really didn't owe him a dime. IK's charity got the ticket to get Geno to a camp appearance that Geno was doing as a favor. Because he had to cancel due to a death he now has to pay for the ticket? Everyone makes it sound like Geno borrowed the money. Or that IK lost out due to the cancellation. Did IK refund money due to Geno's cancellation? Anyone know?

Problem with all of this it really never should have happened. And it's funny as all hell that without a shred of real evidence the guy no one likes is accused of be wrong for getting hit in the face.

He didn't cancel he just didn't show up big difference.. Question for you JN if you bought a ticket for a event and the person you wanted to see wasn't there would you be pissed?? IK's charity is funded by IK so it was his money but according to you Geno was free to keep the ticket or get a refund and keep the cash.. According to reports Geno said he would give him the money in camp but did not after 2 weeks but poor Geno is innocent as the driven snow.. And like you say it really never happened anyway because as usual you were there..LOL

Never mind that he really didn't owe him a dime. IK's charity got the ticket to get Geno to a camp appearance that Geno was doing as a favor. Because he had to cancel due to a death he now has to pay for the ticket? Everyone makes it sound like Geno borrowed the money. Or that IK lost out due to the cancellation. Did IK refund money due to Geno's cancellation? Anyone know?

Problem with all of this it really never should have happened. And it's funny as all hell that without a shred of real evidence the guy no one likes is accused of be wrong for getting hit in the face.

Lol. You still trying to defend Geno.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Geno owed him $600 for something and refused to pay and talked sh*t to him in front of everybody and got right in his face. what a leader!! Geno got what he deserved and obviously most of the team thinks so also from what the players were saying.

Geno should have just flipped the guy $1000 out of all his millions.

QB's are intended to be leaders who de-escalate situations like these.  Why is Geno getting into a situation where he's starting OR failing to de-escalate verbal arguments with back-end of the roster guys?  Makes no sense to argue Geno isn't in the wrong on this one.  Of course he is.  He's the QB.  You know, the guy Geno supporters were saying we need to give a chance and let him blossom in our new offensive system with all those shiny new weapons and what-not.  Now those same people are playing the blame game with a backup LB, blaming him entirely for what happened.  As if teammates punch each other all the time for no good reason.  If Geno is even 10 % to blame for the situation, he's not doing his job as the designated leader of his football team.

Geno needs to grow up if he ever wants to be a consistent starting QB in this league.  It's part of the job description.  And it's also why people like me have preferred Fitz from the start.  He's a professional and acts like it.

All you fans that are so sure what happened: Geno's friend died so he had to cancel on Enempkali's event. What if Geno said to IK he would see him at training camp and take care of the expenses. Then Enempkali, perhaps not satisfied with Geno's reason for not showing up, gets mouthy at training camp with Geno and says his friend was an a$$hole and Geno should have been there anyway, screw you. So Geno says, **** you maybe I won't pay you, a$$hole. And so it carried over.

Not possible, right? Everyone here knows exactly how it went down and Geno was totally in the wrong, it could not be any other way.

sounds plausible......

Losing Geno Smith could be a blessing in disguise for the New York Jets

At halftime of the Iowa State-West Virginia game in 2012 at Jack Trice Stadium, Smith ran into Burnham as the teams headed toward their locker rooms.

"I was just walking," said Burnham, who was 71 in 2012. "He pushed me."

One of the first Cyclones on the scene was Wally's son, Shane, who coaches defensive tackles.

"We were holding for the West Virginia team to clear the field," Shane recalled Wednesday. "There was some extra-curricular activity after the last play of the half — Geno didn't appreciate something by somebody, and he took out his frustration on dad."

That didn't sit well with Shane, who did what every son would do.

"I reacted," Shane said. "Part of it is that it's your dad, and part of it is it's your Iowa State brother. It was family and football family for me. It was a double-whammy.

"He had some choice words for dad, and I might have had a few choice words in return."

Shane and Smith talked again on the field before the second half.

"We had a follow-up conversation," Shane said.

Was it nice?

"We continued the conversation," Shane said.

After the game, Cyclones linebacker Jake Knott tweeted:

"G. Smith trying to push over Coach W Burnham at half was the most classless thing I've seen. Esp. from a "leader" #GrowUp "

So after West Virginia won 31-24, did Smith apologize to Wally Burnham?

"You think so?" he responded.

That's a no.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...mith/31543789/

Losing Geno Smith could be a blessing in disguise for the New York Jets

At halftime of the Iowa State-West Virginia game in 2012 at Jack Trice Stadium, Smith ran into Burnham as the teams headed toward their locker rooms.

"I was just walking," said Burnham, who was 71 in 2012. "He pushed me."

One of the first Cyclones on the scene was Wally's son, Shane, who coaches defensive tackles.

"We were holding for the West Virginia team to clear the field," Shane recalled Wednesday. "There was some extra-curricular activity after the last play of the half — Geno didn't appreciate something by somebody, and he took out his frustration on dad."

That didn't sit well with Shane, who did what every son would do.

"I reacted," Shane said. "Part of it is that it's your dad, and part of it is it's your Iowa State brother. It was family and football family for me. It was a double-whammy.

"He had some choice words for dad, and I might have had a few choice words in return."

Shane and Smith talked again on the field before the second half.

"We had a follow-up conversation," Shane said.

Was it nice?

"We continued the conversation," Shane said.

After the game, Cyclones linebacker Jake Knott tweeted:

"G. Smith trying to push over Coach W Burnham at half was the most classless thing I've seen. Esp. from a "leader" #GrowUp "

So after West Virginia won 31-24, did Smith apologize to Wally Burnham?

"You think so?" he responded.

That's a no.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...mith/31543789/

guys a d!ck.... Pretty simple.....as it's been said numerous times the jets players reaction is the real tell of how he is looked at

INJURY COULD MEAN ENEMKPALI IS IN

Bills DE Jarius Wynn suffered an ACL injury in Friday's preseason loss to the Panthers and could miss the entire season. "Obviously that's a devastating loss to us and to him," coach Rex Ryan said Sunday. If Wynn is out, DE IK Enemkpali could make the 53-man roster.

Geno has to press charges now. I want IK sitting out a few games so Rex is impeded somewhat.

Sorry IK.... but this is how it goes! If you joined SF or Atlanta I'd let you off scott free. problem.

Geno owed him $600 for something and refused to pay and talked sh*t to him in front of everybody and got right in his face. what a leader!! Geno got what he deserved and obviously most of the team thinks so also from what the players were saying.

It's amazing that you gossip queens are able to know exactly what happened

Bills DE Jarius Wynn suffered an ACL injury in Friday's preseason loss to the Panthers and could miss the entire season. "Obviously that's a devastating loss to us and to him," coach Rex Ryan said Sunday. If Wynn is out, DE IK Enemkpali could make the 53-man roster.

Geno has to press charges now. I want IK sitting out a few games so Rex is impeded somewhat.

Sorry IK.... but this is how it goes! If you joined SF or Atlanta I'd let you off scott free. problem.

If Geno was going to press chargers he would have done it already..

No worries, we'll just get to see more of this

SEu8M8.gif

It's amazing that you gossip queens are able to know exactly what happened

Yeah it's all gossip, especially when nobody is coming to Genos defense after he got his face caved in, only whining crybabies on Jn, but none of his teammates. Lol way too many gossip queens around here

Yeah it's all gossip, especially when nobody is coming to Genos defense after he got his face caved in, only whining crybabies on Jn, but none of his teammates. Lol way too many gossip queens around here

ive actually only seen one guy remotely defend him and it was a coach from his college days that said something like "I dunno but that doesn't sound like the G-NO I know". Pretty telling when the QB has no one catchin his back

ive actually only seen one guy remotely defend him and it was a coach from his college days that said something like "I dunno but that doesn't sound like the G-NO I know". Pretty telling when the QB has no one catchin his back

Which makes me suspect all the more that Bowles, despite what he told the press, made it clear to the players he didn't want this discussed anymore.

Maybe but the trouble with stories like this is that so often something else comes out that changes things.  Maybe Geno did just plain stiff him, but maybe not.

He didn't cancel he just didn't show up big difference.. Question for you JN if you bought a ticket for a event and the person you wanted to see wasn't there would you be pissed?? IK's charity is funded by IK so it was his money but according to you Geno was free to keep the ticket or get a refund and keep the cash.. According to reports Geno said he would give him the money in camp but did not after 2 weeks but poor Geno is innocent as the driven snow.. And like you say it really never happened anyway because as usual you were there..LOL

He couldn't make because of a death. He didn't blow off the event, he had something more important. If you think anyone is paying their own fare to go to a charity event than you haven't done much charity work. And do you think IK refunded everyone a piece of their ticket? So no, Geno didn't owe him money.

No one said Geno is innocent as the driven snow. He should have avoided conflict. Funny though, I wasn't there but I guess you were? what the hell, why do you answer anyone, no one was ever there. When did you become a crotchety old coot who just argues and gives a stupid, you weren't there answer as if that. Ames you smart, I gave a scenario, threw it out there and used experience with charities as examples. You then tell me I was there? WTF

QB's are intended to be leaders who de-escalate situations like these. Why is Geno getting into a situation where he's starting OR failing to de-escalate verbal arguments with back-end of the roster guys? Makes no sense to argue Geno isn't in the wrong on this one. Of course he is. He's the QB. You know, the guy Geno supporters were saying we need to give a chance and let him blossom in our new offensive system with all those shiny new weapons and what-not. Now those same people are playing the blame game with a backup LB, blaming him entirely for what happened. As if teammates punch each other all the time for no good reason. If Geno is even 10 % to blame for the situation, he's not doing his job as the designated leader of his football team.

Geno needs to grow up if he ever wants to be a consistent starting QB in this league. It's part of the job description. And it's also why people like me have preferred Fitz from the start. He's a professional and acts like it.

All of this makes sense. He should have at least attempt to diffuse the situation. I said this in my post.

None of which has anything to do with what I was addressing.

Which makes me suspect all the more that Bowles, despite what he told the press, made it clear to the players he didn't want this discussed anymore.

not even one former teammate came to his defense, I know they can't comment on the actual event but at least defend his character

Archived