is jets CB Antonio Cromartie starting to decline at 31 ? ? ?

kelly

@RichCimini is Cromartie past his prime ? #jetsmail

3:47 PM - 14 Aug 2015

@RichCimin i:

No question, this hasn't been a great camp for Antonio Cromartie. I've seen him get beat deep several times in practice, and he missed a would-be tackle on the opening drive of Thursday night's loss to the Detroit Lions. But I believe proven veterans are entitled to the benefit of the doubt in training camp, so I think it's too early to panic about Cromartie. He played well last season for the Arizona Cardinals, and there's every reason to believe he can play well for the Jets. He's only 31, not 35. He tends to bite on double moves, something I noticed on the practice field. You have to think his concentration will be sharper in the regular season, when he's had an opportunity to study opponents.

rest of above article :

> http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/53074/is-jets-cb-antonio-cromartie-starting-to-decline-at-31

Has he fathered any children in the last couple of years?  If he is standing pat at 12* kids via 8 different women (last one in 2012)?  I think that is you answer.

*At least 12 kids.  There may be some strays.

No, I think you are accurate.  I thought it was a baker's dozen but it was 12 last time I checked.

And yes, that may have caused him to lose a step or two.  I know I would be exhausted.

first off even if you believe A Cromartie had a good year last year as a Cb. He has never put together two good years back to back , going back to his Chargers days.

I'm going to keep saying it outside of Revis, this Jet Cb group has a lot of questions of just how effective this group is going to be in 2015. ( doesn't usually work out when teams try to upgrade this unit largely through free agency)

Never thought he was all that good to begin with.  Freakish size and athletic ability for a CB with awful technique.  as he ages, the size remains but the athleticism declines and the lack of polished skills shows his vulnerability.  I just hope Cro doesn't suck too bad this year.  Hopefully he is just a one-year short stay on the Jets.

Archived