winston not passing eye test

jgb

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

geno 2.0

Remember Sanchez's first pass as a Jet in preseason??  http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/15/sports/football/15jets.html

Sanchez went straight for the spectacular in the Jets’ preseason opener Friday night, a 23-20 loss to the St. Louis Rams.

Dropping deep into the pocket, Sanchez looked left and then right and spotted David Clowney tearing down the right sideline. He aired out a pass that dropped into Clowney’s hands for a 48-yard completion.

I remember years ago thinking Peyton Manning looked pretty bad in his preseason debut.  So take it for what its worth.

Anyway I thought Mariota looked better than Winston.  He seemed to make smarter reads and delivered accurate strikes for the most part even if he also had a bad game.  I liked that he never forced it, unlike Jameis tonight.   Even when a qb has a bad game you can get a vibe for some of their throws.  For instance the pats qb Garrapolo did better than his numbers indicate.

Something about the way James is playing really makes me worried for TB, I mean compared with Bridgewater who is so polished and careful with the football its pretty stark.

I cannot wait to boast to Dr. Detroit that he backed the wrong horse. Mariota admittedly got off to a poor start but rebounded well. Exactly what I have been saying all along. Mariota will respond to adversity like a mature leader and improve quickly. Winston will respond like Ryan Leaf... unless it is against guys who will be selling insurance come September.

Man, I remember me and a bunch of guys getting made fun of for loving Bridgewater so much on JI. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW BOYS.

Just sick, not laughing, I could not believe Bridgewater was there for the Jets along with Denard (my top two picks) but Idzik took Pryor...

bunch of posters saying Bridgewater would have been a wasted pick since we already had Geno, pick a QB until you have a QB

Just sick, not laughing, I could not believe Bridgewater was there for the Jets along with Denard (my top two picks) but Idzik took Pryor...

bunch of posters saying Bridgewater would have been a wasted pick since we already had Geno, pick a QB until you have a QB

There was a good group of us that were pounding tables for the Jets to keep taking QBs until we hit on one regarding Bridgewater.

It was the RIGHT MOVE.

We could have Bridgewater & Geno right now, instead of a safety who can't even tackle.

This stuff isn't rocket science, 1st round picks bust all the time, but teams with QBs get into the playoffs.

How many times has Greenbay traded a QB & fleeced another team?

Matt Flynn?

Let's say we took Bridgewater & he beat out Geno fair & square.

We probably could have traded Geno this year for something because he has shown flashes. There are so freaking many teams that need QBs! Look at the scrubbeenies that are still on rosters!

There was a good group of us that were pounding tables for the Jets to keep taking QBs until we hit on one regarding Bridgewater.

It was the RIGHT MOVE.

We could have Bridgewater & Geno right now, instead of a safety who can't even tackle.

This stuff isn't rocket science, 1st round picks bust all the time, but teams with QBs get into the playoffs.

Matt Flynn?

We probably could have traded Geno this year for something because he has shown flashes. There are so freaking many teams that need QBs! Look at the scrubbeenies that are still on rosters!

Great post and agree there it were many folks on both sides of the discussion, it just became too hard to have an actual discussion, seemed like it always escalated into "your stupid if you don't agree with"  and it depended who was online 

Mac's pick of William's gives hope that the Jets will be drafting a QB next year and there should be a few good options - does not look like there was many options this year unless Mariota dropped, Petty may turn out to be one of the better QB's in last years draft

Great post and agree there it were many folks on both sides of the discussion, it just became too hard to have an actual discussion, seemed like it always escalated into "your stupid if you don't agree with"  and it depended who was online 

Mac's pick of William's gives hope that the Jets will be drafting a QB next year and there should be a few good options - does not look like there was many options this year unless Mariota dropped, Petty may turn out to be one of the better QB's in last years draft

It's kinda funny but Petty reminds me of Favre when he 1st came into the league. Tries to do everything to fast, but occasionally runs away from pressure & fires a bullet, or overthrows wildly,lol.

Petty has the size, arm & mobility to become our future QB, let us pray!

Glennon with a TD drive.

I fell asleep during the game. Couldnt stay up. I got up this morning and realized that my boy Glennon did produce a TD drive, which he should given that he's done it against starters. 

If Maccagnan brings in any of these washed up FA QB's I will not be happy. We need to trade for one of these younger guys like a Glennon, Davis, Mettenberger. 

I fell asleep during the game. Couldnt stay up. I got up this morning and realized that my boy Glennon did produce a TD drive, which he should given that he's done it against starters.

If Maccagnan brings in any of these washed up FA QB's I will not be happy. We need to trade for one of these younger guys like a Glennon, Davis, Mettenberger.

Like I said in another thread, how do we know any of these guys are available? Wouldn't they have shaken free by now?

I cannot wait to boast to Dr. Detroit that he backed the wrong horse. Mariota admittedly got off to a poor start but rebounded well. Exactly what I have been saying all along. Mariota will respond to adversity like a mature leader and improve quickly. Winston will respond like Ryan Leaf... unless it is against guys who will be selling insurance come September.

You'll be waiting a long, long time.  In other words, it ain't happenin.

It was the RIGHT MOVE.

Matt Flynn?

This 100000000 Times!!

Great Post because it is not hindsight but foresight and the reason why Idzik had to Go!!!!

This 100000000 Times!!

Great Post because it is not hindsight but foresight and the reason why Idzik had to Go!!!!

Probably some young Jet fans don't know that when we drafted Namath in 1965 in the 1st rd our 2nd rd pick was John Huarte the Notre Dame heisman winning QB.. We also took QB's in rd 4 and 7..  http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/1965_draft.htm

Like I said in another thread, how do we know any of these guys are available? Wouldn't they have shaken free by now?

You only shake free when there's someone doing the shaking with the right amount of force. The right price has to be made. Thats like saying for example: No one is looking to sign Evan Mathis or that deal would have been done already. Its not that simple. The right price has to be mutually agreed on. Either Mathis has to come down on his price or teams have to go up on theirs. It doesnt mean that the guy is retired or teams arent actively pursuing because he's not currently with a football team.

Preseason will let alot of these coaches know what they have on their team. It's a good idea to first see what Bryce could do against competition before offering mid to high draft picks right? Evaluating what you have is what I would do before pursuing someone. This also give coaches the opportunity to also look at the guys that they're thinking of pursing, like Glennon in the preseason to see what they can do before hitting a negotiating table. 

Just because they havent shaken free doesnt mean that they're not being thought of, and if they dont shake free doesnt mean that they couldnt have, just means that a mutual trade couldnt be made. No way in the world I see the Bucs declining a 2nd rounder for a guy who they are refusing to use, especially since they know that they're not in a "win now" mode. A team like the Jets that are in a win now mode dont want to risk putting 50 million in free agent pick ups in the hands of Rex Grossman or Matt Flynn, atleast I assume. 

Sorry Villain...... Winston's performance is the reason TB will not trade Glennon this year.

We may have a chance. Remember, Lovie Smith and that front office are acting like morons. He named Winston the starter before preseason/training camp even began. Who the hell does that? Winston didnt look ready at all yesterday. And yes, its his first go at the NFL so im not making too much of a big deal, but to give the job to a guy when you have a guy like Glennon that has been there for that franchise before when the QB went down and played solid....this guy just refuses to play him. This is why I feel that we still have a chance. People have laughed at me, but I would go as high as a 2nd rounder for Glennon. I do believe that a 3rd rounder would do it but I dont see the TB organization walking away from a 2nd rounder when they have clearly shown that they're doing everything to go in another direction from Glennon. if they could get a deal like that then I can see them taking it and getting one of these FA QB's knowing that they just scooped a high draft pick. Glennon is worth the risk imo. We dont need a superstar, we just need a QB who can score more TD's than he does turning the ball over. The Jets can give that to him. he'll have better targets, a better Oline, a better run game and a top 5 caliber defense. Match that with what he's done with what he's had and that 2nd/3rd round pick wont matter when we're in the playoffs with a young QB that we can lock up for years. 

Question, what would you give up for Glennon? 

nothing

fitzmagic is better and i don't get to where i want to go with another back up QB.  geno can back up fitzy and is already mine

glennon is a back up QB.  

Drawing conclusions from a rookie's first preseason game. Brilliant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So says the person without the stones o make a prediction. Scouts try to plot prospects entire career from the combine results. I am going out on limb ad making a prediction. Courage versus you tut tut tutting.

Archived