winston not passing eye test

jgb

I watched the game.   Winston played well. However, the Eagles dropped 3 interceptions.  Two of them were potential pick sixes.  That stat doesn't show up....

The old they dropped interceptions angle.  Every QB get away with picks some days.  Other days one pops off a receivers hands and deflects for an INT he didn't deserve.  He played well.  When you throw for almost 300, complete a decent percentage of your passes, toss 5 TDs and put up 45, pick another week to knock the guy. 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old they dropped interceptions angle.  Every QB get away with picks some days.  Other days one pops off a receivers hands and deflects for an INT he didn't deserve.  He played well.  When you throw for almost 300, complete a decent percentage of your passes, toss 5 TDs and put up 45, pick another week to knock the guy. 

The way to go IMO was to say; you know what I was wrong Winston is playing really well.. Most fans hate to say they were wrong..LOL

The way to go IMO was to say; you know what I was wrong Winston is playing really well.. Most fans hate to say they were wrong..LOL

I do it all the time here.  If I'm off I'll admit it.  Whats the big deal.  Last week there were people arguing with me that Mariota looks like shlt because I said he's set some rookie QB records.  now its Winston.

Had a guy take me to task for saying Fitz made a dumb mistake handing off on 3rd and 6 inches on a play that Watt lined up in front of.  I was stupid, a moron, an idiot because Chan called the play.  I answered that hes the QB, an 11 year vet, he needs to audible.  More calls of stupidity, there was no choice, he had to run the play.  But I'm the idiot.  He couldnt audible. Or call a TO.  All he had to say was he didnt realize I meant that, youre right and move on.  Nope LOL

I do it all the time here.  If I'm off I'll admit it.  Whats the big deal.  Last week there were people arguing with me that Mariota looks like shlt because I said he's set some rookie QB records.  now its Winston.

I think both will be fine NFL franchise QB's..

Winston is the real deal, just Jets luck, we either suck at the wrong time or not suck bad enough.

I blame Woody Johnson for being a clueless spineless jerkoff for not making sure the Jets tanked the rest of the season. He should have fired Rex Ryan after the Jets lost 38 to 3 to the Bills.  He should have known that fat phuck Ryan was too prideful and stupid to lose the Mariota bowl to the Titans in week 15 and to lose Cooper by beating the the Dolphins in week 17 

Winston

19/29 246 yards, 5 TD's. 

Maybe we should start Geno 1.0 if this is the case :-)

Yeah let's crown him based on one game. Remember Jets made that mistake after Geno finished his rookie season "strong" and almost made the same mistake a second time until IK saved the Jets' season.

I blame Woody Johnson for being a clueless spineless jerkoff for not making sure the Jets tanked the rest of the season. He should have fired Rex Ryan after the Jets lost 38 to 3 to the Bills.  He should have known that fat phuck Ryan was too prideful and stupid to lose the Mariota bowl to the Titans in week 15 and to lose Cooper by beating the the Dolphins in week 17 

SO Woody should've fired a coach for losing to ensure.... the Jets lose more so they could tank? Brilliant plan.

Woody Johnson is the dumbest friggin owner.

sorry guys, Mariota is not the real deal.  Winston absolutely is.

no matter how much all offseason people were calling Mariota the next Aaron Rodgers and Winston Geno II

Mariota is gonna be just fine . Kid has all the tools and every one thought he was 2 years away. He is having a solid Rookie season for someone that was thought to be 2 years away .

Yeah let's crown him based on one game. Remember Jets made that mistake after Geno finished his rookie season "strong" and almost made the same mistake a second time until IK saved the Jets' season.

With the exception of that nightmarish week 1, he has been really good all season.

Mariota is gonna be just fine . Kid has all the tools and every one thought he was 2 years away. He is having a solid Rookie season for someone that was thought to be 2 years away .

And is working with a tie (Cleveland) for the worst group of offensive talent around him in the NFL.  A mediocre TE, bad O-line, terrible RBs, and their best WR Wright is a #3.  Still, he is improving and keeps them in games by working with what he has.  The Jacksonville game was with a collection of wideouts that should be relegated only to special teams. 

Both QBs look like the real deal .. To bad we couldn't land Either .

No no. We could have. We absolutely could have. But those two meaningless wins in December were absolutely necessary. I hope everyone's pride is feeling just swell right now about that. Couldn't tank one to the Titans and certainly not to the Dolphins. Nope. Nope. Can't do that.

We could have an offensive future of Mariota and ODB. But you gots ta learn how to win in December. Ya just gotta.

I would say he's such a douche he's bound to fail but then I look at Cam Newton but then again, Cam Newton hasn't won jack. Yet. So who knows. I'd rather Mariota as my teams QB. I prefer to like the players on the team.

If he fails, it won't be due to a lack of talent or football acumen. He has it what it takes. Whether he is smart enough to handle his business off the field remains to be seen.

• 3 weeks later...

geno 2.0

YOU WERE WRONG! 

That's the funny thing about predictions, you don't know if you're right or wrong until later.  I stand by it.  See a lot of similar body language similarities to Geno.  I call him as a bust.

YOU WERE WRONG. 

So says the person without the stones o make a prediction. Scouts try to plot prospects entire career from the combine results. I am going out on limb ad making a prediction. Courage versus you tut tut tutting.

THIS IS MAKING A PREDICTION, not taking "Stop defending a Max 6 win QB" out of context and claiming it as a prediction. Oh, and you were WRONG! 

Eventually you have to hold a player accountable for his performance.  If a player requires an ideal situation to even be average, that doesn't mean he might be good, it means he sucks imho.  I would buy the "let's see what he does with more weapons" if he hasn't been worst in league for 2 straight years.

Yet you're going around bumping all types of threads becasue Ryan Fitzpatrick won 7+ games with the most talented Jets team in the past 2 decades. 

When did the convo go south? When you decided to thumb my quote down? I thumbed it back up to negate yours! lol. 

I disagree, doesnt mean the convo went south. 

When you accuse the other person of bad faith for expressing his opinion it's over.  It can never be the same again.  We've lost the magic.

i'm just bustin chops we cool man

No apologies....you were bullying me man! lol. 

And yet professional GMs must make decisions based on NFL combine. When you know, you know. Winston looks like a bust.

Do you know what you now know? You now know that you were WRONG! 

And this concludes my trolling and using "bullying" as an excuse to do it! ;)

YOU WERE WRONG! 

YOU WERE WRONG. 

THIS IS MAKING A PREDICTION, not taking "Stop defending a Max 6 win QB" out of context. Oh, and you were WRONG! 

Yet you're going around bumping all types of threads becasue Ryan Fitzpatrick won 7+ games with the most talented Jets team in the past 2 decades. 

No apologies....you were bullying me man! lol. 

Do you know what you now know? You now know that you were WRONG! 

And that concludes my trolling and using bullying as an excuse to do it! ;)

you are better than this, at least wait until Glennon goes through the roof and order a feast of crow for the whole of JetNation...

you are better than this, at least wait until Glennon goes through the roof and order a feast of crow for the whole of JetNation...

I know im better than this. The theme of the board its seems is to troll and give excuses for it. I figured that I'd participate, given that the moment I do something then suddently its stupid and should have never been done. 

Its my way of getting the nonsense to stop. :-)

And as for Glennon. I have to say not many really disagreed. I had some people here and there that would just say that Glennon sucks or Bercovici sucks because they're intimidated by my consistency on the forums. They dont matter. 

For the most part, I've seen a quite a few supporters of Glennon, especially during this past preseason when alot of Jets fans got to see him play a Monday night game. 

Glennon is a beast. Now that I've just said that, I have to really quit this Fitzpatrick nonsense and get back to my Glennon roots! 

And as for Glennon. I have to say not many really disagreed. I had some people here and there that would just say that Glennon sucks or Bercovici sucks because they're intimidated by my consistency on the forumsThey dont matter. 

For the most part, I've seen a quite a few supporters of Glennon, especially during this past preseason when alot of Jets fans got to see him play a Monday night game. 

Glennon is a beast. Now that I've just said that, I have to really quit this Fitzpatrick nonsense and get back to my Glennon roots! 

Intimidated is the wrong word.  Nauseated fits the bill.  But, you are indeed consistent.  Consistently wrong.

BTW- Bercovici sucks.

Archived