winston not passing eye test

jgb

I agree with this. If Leonard Williams blows up this year, and Sheldon shows some semblance of maturation, then Mo becomes expendable. We could send them Mo for Glennon and a draft pick. 

That being said, I think the plan is for Petty to take over next year, as long as he continues to improve. His play against Atlanta was very encouraging. 

And then Maccagnan should be fired. 

Mo Wilkerson and a draft pick for Mike Glennon? I hope you meant Wilkerson for Glennon and a high draft pick.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheldon and a 3rd for Glennon

I am so happy you guys aren't the Jets GM. 

Glennon was a third rounder! He was benched for Josh McCown and then led his team to 1 win in five starts before being benched again! 

You don't then get a third round pick back plus one of the best young defensive players in the game for him. 

I feel like I am taking crazy pills!

Really....  a QB worthy of starting in the NFL is not worth a 2nd?

Rumor is SEA tried to trade Russell Wilson but teams would only give a 3rd rounder because "that's where he was drafted."

Brett Farve also says hi.

WAS, WAS the key word.  New key word is IF,  Because IF he can start and be a 16-20 ranked QB he is worth a 2nd.

you sure that's enough ? A QB of this caliber certainly would garner a bidding war for his services.. Might have to up too a 1st lol

Its funny how 4-6 months ago a select few posters on this board wanted to trade a 2nd or 3rd for Glennon and people thought that they were crazy now everybody wants to make the trade. I doubt we make a move for any QB anytime soon.

Nono. You're all most certainly still crazy.

Damn,  and the VA said I was getting better.

And did you also notice none of those guys were actually traded?

Matt Robinson was drafted by the Jets in the 9th round, and traded for a 1st and 2nd round pick. 

A.J. Feeley was drafted in the 5th round by Philly, traded to Miami for a 2nd. 

Matt Flynn was drafted in the 7th round, signed to an expensive free agent deal by Seattle, who then traded him for a 5th rounder plus a conditional pick. 

This sort of thing happens, especially with QB potential. 

That is not what you said............   BUT, Glennon is a reach and just MAY be worth a 2nd.  Name ONE 2nd round pick of the NY JETS that added any value in the last 25 years.  The list is VERY short.

No he is not. Is he worth a 4th? Now we can talk. He is not worth a 2nd. 

You can't base your decision making on how we've drafted in the 2nd round in the past. That makes no sense. 

Matt Robinson was drafted by the Jets in the 9th round, and traded for a 1st and 2nd round pick. 

A.J. Feeley was drafted in the 5th round by Philly, traded to Miami for a 2nd. 

Matt Flynn was drafted in the 7th round, signed to an expensive free agent deal by Seattle, who then traded him for a 5th rounder plus a conditional pick. 

This sort of thing happens, especially with QB potential. 

This is your case for trading a 2nd for Mike Glennon?

Thank you for making my point. 

As much as I hate Miami, I respected Marino enormously. Guy had a great arm, quick release, was accurate. He was every bit a HOF QB.

Hated Miami as much as you can hate a team.  But had to give it to Marino, he was a modern day Namath in that sense.  Everything I wished we had at QB

Over the cap has Glennon signed thru the 2016 season. If the Jets -or anyone else- wants him next year, they're going to have to trade for him. 

Damn, I thought this was his final year. Even more incentive to trade for him. You'll have him for cheep the for atleast a year, and if he does well give him a respectable contract that wont break the cap. 

This is your case for trading a 2nd for Mike Glennon?

Thank you for making my point. 

I am certainly not making that case. Just making the case that players -particularly QBs- get traded for higher picks than were originally used to select them frequently. And if Tampa decides to trade Glennon next year, they'll get more than a third for him. 

You don't get a 2nd rounder for a guy who was a third rounder and was benched for Josh McCown, 

Any GM who would give that up for Mike Glennon should be fired. 

Generally speaking, you're right. I think that the 2nd round trade is more of a compliment to Glennon than it is anything else. If a GM were to trade for him I dont think they'd go any further than a 3rd rounder while probably initiating trade talks with a 4th. 

However, if a GM did trade a 2nd rounder for Glennon, the only way they'd be fired is if it didnt work. If the Jets ended up having solid QB, given the history this guy would probably be inshrined into the Ring of Honor for such a trade. lol.

I am certainly not making that case. Just making the case that players -particularly QBs- get traded for higher picks than were originally used to select them frequently. And if Tampa decides to trade Glennon next year, they'll get more than a third for him. 

I disagree. All the guys you mentioned had much better track records than Glennon when they were moved. Did Denver really give us a 1st and a 2nd for Matt Robinson? And Walt Michaels got fired?

Not to mention that the end results of those teams giving up greater than the player's original draft value actually works against the Bucs getting it for Glennon. Savvy GMs will know this and it will affect their approach to any potential trade. 

I agree with this. If Leonard Williams blows up this year, and Sheldon shows some semblance of maturation, then Mo becomes expendable. We could send them Mo for Glennon and a draft pick. 

That being said, I think the plan is for Petty to take over next year, as long as he continues to improve. His play against Atlanta was very encouraging. 

Exactly. Before the draft I stated that we could trade Mo and a 4th rounder for Glennon and a 2nd. It would be a fair trade given that many value Wilk as worthy of a 1st and Glennon worthy of a 3rd. 

Petty did show something to be encouraged about against ATL. Seems like alot of the rookie QB's showed well during the 2nd preseason game. 

The only problem I see for Tampa trying to make that kind of a trade is how do they sell Glennon as a starting QB, the only way to bring back a 2, when they replaced him twice?  Once with a never was and now with Jameis

Really....  a QB worthy of starting in the NFL is not worth a 2nd?

Some people think we need to get good QB's for free, thats all. At the end of the day if the guy solidifies the position for the next 12 years is it really that serious? It's not like we've been hitting homeruns with draft picks or drafted QB's anyway. 

To his credit, that is very high. I still think a 3rd rounder could do it. But a 2nd is if you are really really sure and you're basically saying "that is my guy". Seeing every game of his I would personally go as far as a 2nd for his ability. Doesnt mean that a deal would be anywhere near that. 

Archived