Geno possibly back week 1?

House Jet

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Geno gets back sooner than originally thought it doesn't change anything imo. Fitz is the starter now until proven otherwise. We can't just keep switching every 2 weeks. The guys have rallied behind Fitz.

I agree, definitely news worthy tho

Anxious to see how bowles handles it

Heard the same myself and I've been ocasionally looking for confirmation. No luck yet, but anxiously hoping it comes sometime this week.

Fitz cool as a backup. Hand him the clipboard though the second Geno ready to go.

This talk of the team rallying behind some guy who just showed up a couple weeks ago is a bit much. Reporters making this BS up to get clicks. If Geno is back soon, he's starting.

Yes because Fitz is so much better

Fitz, I am going to speculate given his history, will make much less mistakes than Geno will.

He will not light it up like Dan Marino, but we should have less turnovers which killed us the last 2 years.

It seemed like Geno was good for a pick 6 every other series.

Don't think Fitz will do that.

The Jets QB played catch with a friend in the parking lot of his apartment complex in New Jersey. "I feel great. You see me throwin', right?" he told the NY Post through a swollen jaw due to surgery

Saw that... and the complex.

For a guy making millions, it looked like he's living under rent control, throwing passes in the street.

He is trash but this season is a waste anyway I guess need to give the people who are unable to evaluate geno after two years of suck (hint: he is horrible and will never improve) the indisputable "evidence" that thick people demand before making a decision. God help us if BMarsh is hurt then all we get to hear his "geno lost weapin, we can only evaluate Geno after a full season in ideal situation."

Heard the same myself and I've been ocasionally looking for confirmation. No luck yet, but anxiously hoping it comes sometime this week.

Fitz cool as a backup. Hand him the clipboard though the second Geno ready to go.

This talk of the team rallying behind some guy who just showed up a couple weeks ago is a bit much. Reporters making this BS up to get clicks. If Geno is back soon, he's starting.

When people used to eating feces they will rally behind the arrival of bread and water

Id take any of the other scrubs we've called over Geno at this point.

Geno is still on the team cuz he's a cheap QB, not a good QB. If this lockeroom fight doesn't prove that Geno doesn't have enough in his tool box to lead a team, nothing will.

Like Bowles said it was juvenile and never should have happened.. A true leader looks to make things better for his team not worse.. Remember when Bret Favre's father died but he didn't want to let his team down so he played and won..That is leadership something as you said Geno lacks big time.. 

Geno's role in getting his jaw broken has altered the organization's plans at QB, and rightly so. It's become clear that outside of Brandon Marshall, he doesn't have much support in the locker room. It's going to be an uphill battle for him to win the job back. Bowles has said that it's now Fitzpatrick's job to lose, and I believe him.

Geno's role in getting his jaw broken has altered the organization's plans at QB, and rightly so. It's become clear that outside of Brandon Marshall, he doesn't have much support in the locker room. It's going to be an uphill battle for him to win the job back. Bowles has said that it's now Fitzpatrick's job to lose, and I believe him.

This. I also believe Bowles, it is indeed Fitz's job now and it seems the team is rallying behind him more than they did Geno.

Like Bowles said it was juvenile and never should have happened.. A true leader looks to make things better for his team not worse.. Remember when Bret Favre's father died but he didn't want to let his team down so he played and won..That is leadership something as you said Geno lacks big time.. 

Well said.

Geno has zero integrity.

Geno Smith was not at New York Jets practice on Saturday after undergoing surgery on his broken jaw on Thursday.

Coach Todd Bowles said he has spoken to Smith, and expressed hope Smith might return to the team facility at some point this coming week. But as for the incident that occurred between Smith and IK Enemkpali, Bowles wasn't interested in discussing it further.

"Me myself, and us as a team, we’ve moved on," Bowles said. "We’ve gotta worry about the other guys on the team right now, and we’re gonna move forward."

It's been less than a week since Enemkpali punched Smith and knocked him out of action for at least the next few weeks. Yet, other than Smith's absence, things appeared remarkably normal at practice on Saturday.

It looked to be business as usual, and cornerback Darrelle Revis said as much after practice.

"We moved on that day," Revis said. "Because we had practice later that day, and guys really were focused, and we actually had a good practice -- usually that doesn’t happen when a situation like that occurs. I commend everybody on the team, and the coaches as well, for just being focused."

A crazy situation like this is the kind of thing that can derail a team, but the Jets appear to be handling this in stride. It speaks well of Bowles and the coaching staff he has assembled, and the players as well. They're not letting this interrupt their preparation for a new season.

I have to agree I don't think Geno has the respect of the locker room, I could be wrong.

Geno is not guaranteed the starting spot when he returns whenever that is, like Bowles said he has to earn it and if he likes what he see's Fitz it'll make it that much more difficult for Geno.

He did not quite say that. He said if Fitz was playing well and winning he would not necesssarily go back to Geno. However being able to start week one is a completely different thing.

This team just can't really consider starting Geno anytime in the near future after what has happened.  I've put Geno and Sanchez in the same category before because of their propensity to turn the ball over more than basically any other fellow starting QB in the league, as well as their tendency to mope on the sidelines after the fact.  But when it comes to personalities, Geno looks far worse than Sanchez these days.  Sanchez would never have done to IK what Geno did.  Off the field Sanchez had the respect of the overwhelming majority of his teammates, even at the age of 22.  If only he had the ability to go with his leadership skills. Geno, meanwhile, is very clearly a bad teammate, at the position on the field where you absolutely HAVE to be a fantastic teammate.  He's basically Jay Cutler without talent at this point.

This is Fitz's show for the foreseeable future.

He did not quite say that. He said if Fitz was playing well and winning he would not necesssarily go back to Geno. However being able to start week one is a completely different thing.

Yeah that's what I had heard. Basically meaning if Geno came back week 5, and the team was 3-1 with Fitz playing well, Geno wouldn't necessarily be the starter right away.

But if he's ready to play week 1 with even a week's worth of practice beforehand, figured Geno would start. Just based on camp reports of how Geno has looked much better than Fitz.

Archived