• Created
  • Last Reply

5. Dumb as rocks

6. Not a leader

7. Welches on his teammates

7b. Owes money to backup linemen

8. Sulks when he doesn't get his way ie draft day

9. Can't keep up with time on the West Coast

I would rather have, any day of the week, a player with a good, logical decision making process who has a decent enough set of physical tools; than a statistical equivalent of a shotgun spraying footballs in random directions, hitting the intended target by complete and unpredictable chance.

This is the best thing that happened for this team

Can't argue with any of this.

I knew people from Mendham were smart.

Also true if they expect a journeyman, mediocre 34yr old QB to be their leader.

Leadership will have to come from other players until we have a franchise QB.

Quick question....how old are you? Not asking that in a derogatory manner mind you, but we did pretty good for a number of years with another journeyman 'mediocre' QB starting in 1998. Sometimes people just need to land in the right situation.

Quick question....how old are you? Not asking that in a derogatory manner mind you, but we did pretty good for a number of years with another journeyman 'mediocre' QB starting in 1998. Sometimes people just need to land in the right situation.

36. Fitz and Vinny are very different QBs. I'd be willing to bet Vinny has a stronger arm than Fitz today.

Again, I don't dislike Fitz, and if he is our #1 I'll be rooting for him. Happy he's here and I think he can do a decent job as our QB. Just want to see Geno in there instead.

If this guy comes back and is handed the starting job its going to be a disaster of epic proportions. Fitz has to be given the chance to lose the job at this point, or Bowles will lose the team and his tenure here will be over pretty quickly.

No worries Fitz will fail miserably like he has in the past at least Geno has shown upside in camp this season.

No matter who QBs this team fans will find fault its the same fans who would be here the night we win the Super Bowl complaining about something. 

There has been plenty of fault to find over the years.  Homers hate the beat reporters for always "finding fault," too.  

No worries Fitz will fail miserably like he has in the past at least Geno has shown upside in camp this season.

Wow! You really are drinking the Geno Koolaid. Did you happen to miss the last two seasons of Jets football? What part of quarterbacking did he do so well that you're willing to allow one more game, let alone season, get pissed away with this loser? He looked great last preseason too, but take that red shirt off and the brain shuts down ...

Wow! You really are drinking the Geno Koolaid. Did you happen to miss the last two seasons of Jets football? What part of quarterbacking did he do so well that you're willing to allow one more game, let alone season, get pissed away with this loser? He looked great last preseason too, but take that red shirt off and the brain shuts down ...

If he got to practice for months against other teams' defenses maybe he would perform well against them too.  As the variables pile up: unfamiliar defense, no red jersey, players playing for real during the season... his processor is too slow.

If Geno gets back sooner than originally thought it doesn't change anything imo. Fitz is the starter now until proven otherwise. We can't just keep switching every 2 weeks. The guys have rallied behind Fitz.

It will be a real shame and very good indication of our what we have in our new regime if they plug Geno right back into the starting role after getting sucker punched by a teammate for being an immature a$$hole.

Which will probably happen because it's the Jets and we will make a big deal out of it but it wont matter in the long run because both players suck.

If this guy comes back and is handed the starting job its going to be a disaster of epic proportions. Fitz has to be given the chance to lose the job at this point, or Bowles will lose the team and his tenure here will be over pretty quickly.

Agreed.  It would send a terrible signal to the team and it would be right back into the SOJ category.

They are ride or die with Fitz at this point IMO.

This team just can't really consider starting Geno anytime in the near future after what has happened.  I've put Geno and Sanchez in the same category before because of their propensity to turn the ball over more than basically any other fellow starting QB in the league, as well as their tendency to mope on the sidelines after the fact.  But when it comes to personalities, Geno looks far worse than Sanchez these days.  Sanchez would never have done to IK what Geno did.  Off the field Sanchez had the respect of the overwhelming majority of his teammates, even at the age of 22.  If only he had the ability to go with his leadership skills. Geno, meanwhile, is very clearly a bad teammate, at the position on the field where you absolutely HAVE to be a fantastic teammate.  He's basically Jay Cutler without talent at this point.

This is Fitz's show for the foreseeable future.

Yep.  Agreed.  Your season with the conquering hero awaits.  

Bottom line is this, we want to win the Super Bowl. We are not winning with geno. The chances are better with fitz. As long as he manages the game. Genomics not smart enough to manage the game. $600, he threw away his career for $600. Loser. Period, move on.

36. Fitz and Vinny are very different QBs. I'd be willing to bet Vinny has a stronger arm than Fitz today.

Again, I don't dislike Fitz, and if he is our #1 I'll be rooting for him. Happy he's here and I think he can do a decent job as our QB. Just want to see Geno in there instead.

Vinny was a Heisman winner, Top pick in the draft QB with tons of talent and a great arm who could make every throw. Fitz is a last round pick from a Ivy League school who right now can't throw the long ball or put any zip on his passes. The two aren't comparable. I wish they were, Vinny was great here

If you have a weak arm like Fitzy it helps to have some bigger dudes to throw to that attack the ball & are very physical.

If Marshall & Decker stay healthy they will be a nightmare for CBs in our division.

Miami already lost Dumas for the season!

The Pats #1 CB is Butler the Super Bowl hero that has NEVER had to be a #1 CB!

We have the deepest CB group in the division. If our AFC east foes have any injuries at CB their lack of depth will be a boon to our QB & receivers.

Though Fitz & Flynn are nothing special they are plenty good enough to throw to Marshall & Decker vs sh*tty secondaries.

In fact, their experience gives them a better chance for short term success than Geno.

At least they know all of the reads available to them.

Against crappy secondaries it's imperative that you take ADVANTAGE of opportunities to burn a blown coverage.

Fitz & Flynn would see it way before Geno, it's just a matter of do they have the arm & accuracy to make the defense pay?

Vinny was a Heisman winner, Top pick in the draft QB with tons of talent and a great arm who could make every throw. Fitz is a last round pick from a Ivy League school who right now can't throw the long ball or put any zip on his passes. The two aren't comparable. I wish they were, Vinny was great here

The Fitzpatrick is the new Vinny comparison getting thrown around here drives me crazy as well. If anything, the tale of Vinny T is better suited as a parable of hope for the likes of Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith - guys with all the physical ability in the world, who were handled horribly entering the league. Vinny endured a ton of the same "stupid" descriptions that Geno faces today.

Fitzpatrick, otoh, is the runt of the QB litter. He may be smarter than every other QB in the league, but he has yet to prove that he's football smarter. He's got a gunslinger mentality packing a cap water pistol. Simply put, he's no Vinny Testaverde.

I'll root for him and hope Gailey can scheme around his limitations. We'll see. As far as I was concerned, their original plan was the better one - evaluate Geno for better or worse.

The Fitzpatrick is the new Vinny comparison getting thrown around here drives me crazy as well. If anything, the tale of Vinny T is better suited as a parable of hope for the likes of Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith - guys with all the physical ability in the world, who were handled horribly entering the league. Vinny endured a ton of the same "stupid" descriptions that Geno faces today.

Fitzpatrick, otoh, is the runt of the QB litter. He may be smarter than every other QB in the league, but he has yet to prove that he's football smarter. He's got a gunslinger mentality packing a cap water pistol. Simply put, he's no Vinny Testaverde.

I'll root for him and hope Gailey can scheme around his limitations. We'll see. As far as I was concerned, their original plan was the better one - evaluate Geno for better or worse.

Yeah Vinny wa a physical system from elite college program with a laser cannon arm. If fans want to have unrealistic hopes regarding Fitzpatrick you are much better going with Rich Gannon or even (gulp) jay Fiedler. My expectations are for fitz to be better than geno. That's it.

Exactly. Other than they're older journeymen QBs there's no similarity between the 2. Actually Vinny had more success before coming here.

I can't stand that if you want to follow the plan, finish out the idea of Geno growing into the job, you're painted a Geno homer. How? All I keep saying is the same idea that Mariota or Petty need time are the ones who out of the other side of their mouths kill Geno and refuse to think he may develop. And then rides you if you want him to.

But the same people touting Fitz because they see him as a Vinny T seem to forget in year 2 Vinny threw 35 INTS and in year 3 22.

Exactly. Other than they're older journeymen QBs there's no similarity between the 2. Actually Vinny had more success before coming here.

I can't stand that if you want to follow the plan, finish out the idea of Geno growing into the job, you're painted a Geno homer. How? All I keep saying is the same idea that Mariota or Petty need time are the ones who out of the other side of their mouths kill Geno and refuse to think he may develop. And then rides you if you want him to.

But the same people touting Fitz because they see him as a Vinny T seem to forget in year 2 Vinny threw 35 INTS and in year 3 22.

Hell Vinny threw 25 in year 14..LOL Vinny was also the first pick in his draft year not a 7th rd pick.. The vast majority of us I think were looking forward to Geno's year 3 progress.. What pisses me off is the Geno did nothing wrong people so he didn't deserve to get hit crowd.. I agree none of it should have happened but like Bowles said it takes two to tango..

I can't stand that if you want to follow the plan, finish out the idea of Geno growing into the job, you're painted a Geno homer. How? 

It's no longer a realistic plan with his jaw wired shut and the team having zero faith in his ability to lead a team.  Let it go and enjoy the Conquering Hero.

I got tell you, I was and still am looking forward to seeing if Geno has finally made the adjustment to the NFL. This is to be the season that makes this kid or consigns him to the backup role for the rest of his pro career.

Face it, love or hate the kid, his physical tools are far superior to Friz any day of the week. He can make throws the Ryan can only do in his dreams. We've already invested two years of some of the most horrendous football some of us have ever seen. So before we discard this kid I want to give him this season. I would just hate throwing him away without knowing for sure.

Yet, this last incident has given me great pause. As important as the physical and mental tools are at QB on this level, leadership is as important. An any third year starting QB should never had that happen to him. It's a huge red flag that he will have a very difficult time escaping.

The only way I can see him surviving now is by him having a fantastic season where he proves all his detractors wrong.

An as a supporter of the kid who wished him well for all our sakes, I now am hoping we can swing a trade for Glennon. For after this last go round my confidence in this kid being the long term answer has really hit rock bottom.

I do hope he will prove me wrong and finally he grows up and well as steps up as an NFL franchise QB.

It's no longer a realistic plan with his jaw wired shut and the team having zero faith in his ability to lead a team.  Let it go and enjoy the Conquering Hero.

To those who are part of the I want it now generation. Yes, you would be right. For those of us, smart enough and experienced enough to realize a season and a half isn't enough time to judge a player, not so much.

Hell Vinny threw 25 in year 14..LOL Vinny was also the first pick in his draft year not a 7th rd pick.. The vast majority of us I think were looking forward to Geno's year 3 progress.. What pisses me off is the Geno did nothing wrong people so he didn't deserve to get hit crowd.. I agree none of it should have happened but like Bowles said it takes two to tango..

Left his draft out, 1st pick, Heisman winner. Played well in Balt too before coming here. 4200 yards, 35 or so TDs . Very in Fitz like.

As for Geno, I'm not saying he was clear of any blame but no matter the level of blame getting cold cocked isn't a allowable response and he didn't deserve it. Also as Bowles said, unless youre hit or your family is threatened you don't punch anyone. Taking some level of blame and saying he deserved to be hit are two completely different points.

Archived