Jets circus rolls on with a lot of unhappy training campers-Daily News

joewilly12

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read this article this morning and just another attempt at making a headline out of nothing.

To summarize

- Geno was at facility but missed incredible opportunity to come out and visit his teammates and stand on the sidelines for a few minutes and ignores the fact that it's not what he was there for.

- There were two fights at practice (a big deal because no other team has fights during camp I suppose)

- Kerley would have liked to have been told he was competing for no. 3 spot.

I really like Bowles making it competitive. especially with Kerley worried about playing time. they never ever had to worry about any of that with good old Rex the cool guy here. now if they stink it up in the regular season jobs will be on the line. thats called accountability, something that wasnt in good old Rex's vocabulary.

The issue with these articles there are no substance, Then if we stop buying and reading garbage like that these so call writers will be at the unemployment line.  Don't with waste your dry cash and bandwidth on trash.  The New York are in good hands, everyone has to compete for a job and playing time, now lets see how it all transform game day.  JETS jets jets jets

I really like Bowles making it competitive. especially with Kerley worried about playing time. they never ever had to worry about any of that with good old Rex the cool guy here. now if they stink it up in the regular season jobs will be on the line. thats called accountability, something that wasnt in good old Rex's vocabulary.

It's particularly good with Kerley, who got an uncharacteristically large contract extension from John Idzik - especially for a role player. I think that was a head-scratcher for a lot of us, and it's good to see him getting pressed from both sides.

Other positions, though, it's the same status quo that you see with just about every head coach. Willie Colon looks like the starter at RG, which would've been a catastrophe under Rex. Bowles' high-priced CB from his time in Arizona, Cromartie, has a starting job seemingly locked down despite a questionable camp. Geno was entrenched as the starter without any competition before he got his block knocked off. A lot of stuff that would've been good ol' clown shoes nonsense under the previous regime that now gets glossed over. Which is fine, I'm liking Bowles a lot, too. I like the wind sprints, cutting IK. First preseason game was flat as can be, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing some results on the field.

Until we win a super bowl, we will always be a circus through the eyes of the media and even then they will probably still find something to call us a circus for!  They will write something like "Rontez Miles did not get a chance to touch the super bowl trophy.  Shows why the Jets are lacking leadership and is still a circus even after winning a super bowl."

Until we win a super bowl, we will always be a circus through the eyes of the media and even then they will probably still find something to call us a circus for! They will write something like "Rontez Miles did not get a chance to touch the super bowl trophy. Shows why the Jets are lacking leadership and is still a circus even after winning a super bowl."

It's a fun, easy narrative to follow, especially if you have to write about the team as a Giants (or other NFL team's) fan.

I am not trying to be a jerk, but most Jets fans are really, really dumb and are very easily manipulated. The NY media knows this well, and uses this to their advantage.

Roughly 27% of the Jets fan base is stupid, but that's enough of a target audience for any newspaper hoping to keep the lights on.

Other teams' stupid fan percentage:

Bills: 96%

Eagles: 63%

Pats: 23%

Giants: 33%

It's particularly good with Kerley, who got an uncharacteristically large contract extension from John Idzik - especially for a role player. I think that was a head-scratcher for a lot of us, and it's good to see him getting pressed from both sides.

Other positions, though, it's the same status quo that you see with just about every head coach. Willie Colon looks like the starter at RG, which would've been a catastrophe under Rex. Bowles' high-priced CB from his time in Arizona, Cromartie, has a starting job seemingly locked down despite a questionable camp. Geno was entrenched as the starter without any competition before he got his block knocked off. A lot of stuff that would've been good ol' clown shoes nonsense under the previous regime that now gets glossed over. Which is fine, I'm liking Bowles a lot, too. I like the wind sprints, cutting IK. First preseason game was flat as can be, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing some results on the field.

I like Kerley.  But the guy disappears for games at a time.  He's a good, not great, player who definitely did not deserve the big contract extension.

Idiotzik panicked.  Though gone, we all continue to be "amazed" by his stunning football/GM intellect.

I like Kerley. But the guy disappears for games at a time. He's a good, not great, player who definitely did not deserve the big contract extension.

Idiotzik panicked. Though gone, we all continue to be "amazed" by his stunning football/GM intellect.

Kerley would be Julian Edelman with a real QB and Edelman would be a JAG "draft blunder" if he was a Jet

From the article:

Bowles also was concerned that Smith might lose too much weight if he is unable to consume solid food. The coach did not get the opportunity to express these thoughts to Smith, who spoke with a few teammates inside the practice facility before heading home.

This had been a wonderful opportunity for Smith to safely stand along the sidelines for a few minutes at the Jets’ practice facility, watch some drills, speak with Bowles, maybe wave to a few of the many Jet fans who showed up to watch the team.

That didn’t happen. Smith’s disappearing act represented just another public relations gaffe by the quarterback.

First, other reports had Geno talking to no one, here he did speak to a few teammates. Being that this is otherwise a complete hack job, I have to believe that Geno did talk with some players the other day - so he's not in hiding.

As for the opportunity to stand on the sidelines... The article previously pointed out that they don't want Geno throwing footballs in his parking lot, did it occur to the author that maybe they don't want him on the practice field, either?

I certainly understand that there's a lot to not like about Geno Smith, but this article is crap.

-why would anyone expect geno to do something mature. He blew his last chance. Good riddance.

-kerely has done nothing in 4 years to guarentee he is #3 let alone a roster spot.

-the fights do need to calm down.

Kerley put up over 800 yds in '12, then two seasons with Geno sees production fall off a cliff...coincidence?

I agree with jgb...Kerely is a prow-bowler with a team like the Pats.

lol Thought I was the only one who thought like this.

What your saying the QB had a lot to do with it!

Radical, our bottom 3 QB play we've suffered forever makes the receiver look poor..

Kerley ls a sold slot guy, he's making 3 mill per it's ok but he will have to step it up to stop.

I like Bowles he's had a real tough intro but he's doing ok all things considered. This new HC, GM need a couple of seasons to bed in.

What your saying the QB had a lot to do with it!

Radical, our bottom 3 QB play we've suffered forever makes the receiver look poor..

Kerley ls a sold slot guy, he's making 3 mill per it's ok but he will have to step it up to stop.

I like Bowles he's had a real tough intro but he's doing ok all things considered. This new HC, GM need a couple of seasons to bed in.

As I said, I like Kerley.  And agree that he needs to step it up.  I also want him to be more consistent; not disappear.  

Guess the only issue I have with Kerley is that I compare him to Chrebet, who is still the gold standard for Jet slot guys.

EDIT:  Oh, forgot.  I agree with you that Bowles and Mcc need a few years to get the team right.

Archived