Brandon Marshall on Mike&Mike: "Geno did nothing wrong"

nj meadowlands

He played on a crappy poorly coached bills team and a team who could not protect the QB in Houston and still put up 90 passer ratings. With an elite defense Fitz is perfectly capable of being a very good game manager, certainly MUCH better than we have had the past 7 years by far. To even put him in the same sentence with Geno is the real joke. 

The Idea that Fitz playing good football is a "joke" is just stupid bandwagon commentary pushing the Idea the Jets can never get good QB play. Most fans probably said the Same when Vinny Joined the team in 98 .

I'm very happy to be optimistic when it comes to Fitz because first and foremost I'm a Jets fan.... Does that mean he was my choice in dealing with the current QB situation ?? NO is does not but he was the best thing available at the time and the team didn't seem to be too interested in moving up in the draft to get Mariota or that other plié of sh*t Winston.

While we get this team in order I'm sure there are plans moving forward to deal with the QB situation and I have faith as well that Bowles and Macc will eventually get the job done.

People with  pro-Geno agenda have a need to diminish what Fitz is because any objective comparison does not favor their guy.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did u ever wonder why they didn't want Mariota even if he fell to #6? It's been reported jets would of passed regardless ..

I'm at the point now I don't believe much of what's reported in any situation especially when it comes to the Jets. Neither Macc nor Bowles has said why they might not have wanted Mariota so any other crap that's spewed makes no difference to me especially at this stage.

People with  pro-Geno agenda have a need to diminish what Fitz is because any objective comparison does not favor their guy.

blows my mind how anyone could defend Geno Smith in any capacity. And trust me he didn't get punched in the face simply because he owed a guy money, he got punched in the face because, like the idiot he is, he probably antagonized the sh*t out of the guy inflaming the situation . That does not make IK right by any stretch it just makes Geno the moron we expected he always was.

i'm sure another QB needy team would have moved up to 4 or 5 to get him ahead of us if he started dropping regardless ... but did anyone put their name to those reports?

Nope but it was reported by multiple beat writers including Cimini

blows my mind how anyone could defend Geno Smith in any capacity. And trust me he didn't get punched in the face simply because he owed a guy money, he got punched in the face because, like the idiot he is, he probably antagonized the sh*t out of the guy inflaming the situation . That does not make IK right by any stretch it just makes Geno the moron we expected he always was.

As I said when this news first broke, Brandon Marshall's comments have all the stench of rational self interest on his part.  He has a history of being a complete shill for dirtbag QBs after his multi-year defenses of the indefensible Jay Cutler.  As much as I despise Stephen A Smith I think he got this one right when he said that Brandon Marshall is a liar and nobody on the planet has less credibility when it comes to offering defense of a QB than Marshall does.  Nobody.

When you add to that the idea that it took Marshall almost a week to concoct this nonsense after the story broke, I think that it is pretty tells us everything we need to know about the events surrounding this incident.

So your logic is anyone beaten, shot, stabbed etc really, really did something bad to deserve it too?

Start it?  

LOL

As I said when this news first broke, Brandon Marshall's comments have all the stench of rational self interest on his part.  He has a history of being a complete shill for dirtbag QBs after his multi-year defenses of the indefensible Jay Cutler.  As much as I despise Stephen A Smith I think he got this one right when he said that Brandon Marshall is a liar and nobody on the planet has less credibility when it comes to offering defense of a QB than Marshall does.  Nobody.

When you add to that the idea that it took Marshall almost a week to concoct this nonsense after the story broke, I think that it is pretty tells us everything we need to know about the events surrounding this incident.

So, no one says a thing, looks bad for Geno.

Someone comes to his defense, its self interest.  Because?  We all know the doors will now open up for Marshall for announcing that it was IKs fault.

Impressed, either way you get to say as I said

So, no one says a thing, looks bad for Geno.

Someone comes to his defense, its self interest.  Because?  We all know the doors will now open up for Marshall for announcing that it was IKs fault.

Impressed, either way you get to say as I said

Someone with an extremely untrustworthy history when it comes to precisely this stuff waits for a whole week before he comes up with this story.

Sorry but the player responses from multiple sources in defense of IK after the "sucker punch" smear is far more believable because that came out right away.  The next day.  Nobody is defending IK here.  He got fired and that is as it should be.  Geno at least equally responsible here. At least.

Geno is an immature douche bag and a horrible QB to boot.  He does not even have any of Cutler's mitigating positives.

So says an assistant years after the fact, guess it could be true. Don't get the Geno likes it part, what a shove at a game has to do with punching a teammate or what any of this has to do with IK

What you fail to get is too voluminous to discuss.

Nevermind, here's a simple proofed reality. 

Punks that shove 71 year old coaches when the game isn't going to their satisfaction are the same kind of people that get cold cocked "for no reason".

No one keeps data on the subject as it's simply an accepted law of life.   

Someone with an extremely untrustworthy history when it comes to precisely this stuff waits for a whole week before he comes up with this story.

Sorry but the player responses from multiple sources in defense of IK after the "sucker punch" smear is far more believable because that came out right away.  The next day.  Nobody is defending IK here.  He got fired and that is as it should be.  Geno at least equally responsible here. At least.

Geno is an immature douche bag and a horrible QB to boot.  He does not even have any of Cutler's mitigating positives.

List the players who have come to IKs defense.

You know the ones you deem trustworthy 

What you fail to get is too voluminous to discuss.

Nevermind, here's a simple proofed reality. 

Punks that shove 71 year old coaches when the game isn't going to their satisfaction are the same kind of people that get cold cocked "for no reason".

No one keeps data on the subject as it's simply an accepted law of life.   

Please, what don't I get?  I agreed he could have done it.  My point is a shove in the heat of a game isn't close to the same thing as punching someone you work with out

Nothing is voluminous about this in any way

List the players who have come to IKs defense.

You know the ones you deem trustworthy 

Multiple reporters citing multiple sources.  We all know why they were anonymous because the narrative does not agree with what the coaching staff would like to have the story be.

The coaching staff has a repair job to perform and I understand how they would try to make it look as good as possible for Geno.  Even then that story is was not good for Geno.   Your ability to go to almost unnatural lengths in defense of Geno here is bizarre quite frankly. 

He is an almost epically bad QB.  Meaning that if his career were to end today I think, based on the QB numbers alone, that he might be in the conversation for the very worst QB ever to start for two years in the NFL.  Yes he is that bad.  In addition to being bad we have now heard several stories which seem to make it clear that he is a douche bag as well as being a very very bad QB.

Other than the fact that he is young and has the ability to change, what is there to like about this POS?

Multiple reporters citing multiple sources.  We all know why they were anonymous because the narrative does not agree with what the coaching staff would like to have the story be.

The coaching staff has a repair job to perform and I understand how they would try to make it look as good as possible for Geno.  Even then that story is was not good for Geno.   Your ability to go to almost unnatural lengths in defense of Geno here is bizarre quite frankly. 

He is an almost epically bad QB.  Meaning that if his career were to end today I think, based on the QB numbers alone, that he might be in the conversation for the very worst QB ever to start for two years in the NFL.  Yes he is that bad.  In addition to being bad we have now heard several stories which seem to make it clear that he is a douche bag as well as being a very very bad QB.

Other than the fact that he is young and has the ability to change, what is there to like about this POS?

One name.  You can't come up with one.  Because there isn't a name out there.  Just sources.  Funny, you put all your eggs in an anonymous source and throw out the one who puts his name on it.  Because it doesn't help your argument

Then add all the mumbo jumbo in support.  What do Geno's numbers have to do with any of this?  I'm not defending Geno, I'm laughing at your continuing to pick who is at fault in an assault case based on how well you think the victim can play QB.  

This has nothing to do with his ability to play football.  

One name.  You can't come up with one.  Because there isn't a name out there.  Just sources.  Funny, you put all your eggs in an anonymous source and throw out the one who puts his name on it.  Because it doesn't help your argument

Then add all the mumbo jumbo in support.  What do Geno's numbers have to do with any of this?  I'm not defending Geno, I'm laughing at your continuing to pick who is at fault in an assault case based on how well you think the victim can play QB.  

This has nothing to do with his ability to play football.  

I put my faith in sources who are going out on a limb here.  The ones whose version disputes the "sucker punch" narrative.  Multiple journalists have reported multiple sources on that version of events.

Then you have Brandon Marshall who waits a full week before coming out with a very vague version which supports his guy.  I think it is pretty clear what is happening here.  Marshall is a known liar and a shill for anyone whose job it is to throw him the ball.  As I said, rational self interest.  What reason would any of those other accounts have to lie about it? 

I put my faith in sources who are going out on a limb here.  The ones whose version disputes the "sucker punch" narrative.  Multiple journalists have reported multiple sources on that version of events.

Then you have Brandon Marshall who waits a full week before coming out with a very vague version which supports his guy.  I think it is pretty clear what is happening here.  Marshall is a known liar and a shill for anyone whose job it is to throw him the ball.  As I said, rational self interest.  What reason would any of those other accounts have to lie about it? 

You do know that Decker and Giametti (can't spell his name) have also come out in defense of Geno?  Also, you can tell the Bowles doesn't want any more decussion on this issue so I don't expect to see any more players speaking on the record about this.    You mentioned multiple journalists, only one who "sources" said Geno "deserved it", the rest were non committal or assigned blame to both parties.

So Marshall is now a known liar and a shill? Because he comes to the defense of his quarterback?  What universe am I living in where that is a bad thing?  It is only because of the hatred of Geno Smith that this is even an issue.   I can't recall a player being apparently hated this much by both fans and media.  Hell even Alex Rodriguez was treated better than this.

Sometimes it is pretty embarrassing to be a Jets fan.  

You do know that Decker and Giametti (can't spell his name) have also come out in defense of Geno?  Also, you can tell the Bowles doesn't want any more decussion on this issue so I don't expect to see any more players speaking on the record about this.    You mentioned multiple journalists, only one who "sources" said Geno "deserved it", the rest were non committal or assigned blame to both parties.

So Marshall is now a known liar and a shill? Because he comes to the defense of his quarterback?  What universe am I living in where that is a bad thing?  It is only because of the hatred of Geno Smith that this is even an issue.   I can't recall a player being apparently hated this much by both fans and media.  Hell even Alex Rodriguez was treated better than this.

Sometimes? last few years I think it is the majority of times.

He has a history with the Bears and Jay Cutler which makes any statements he may give on this matter highly suspect.  So no, not because he defends his QB but because HE defends his QB.  The one week delay certainly did nothing to bolster his credibility here.

The feelings of embarrassment go both ways.  In spades.

He has a history with the Bears and Jay Cutler which makes any statements he may give on this matter highly suspect.  So no, not because he defends his QB but because HE defends his QB.  The one week delay certainly did nothing to bolster his credibility here.

The feelings of embarrassment go both ways.  In spades.

At least he has the balls to put his name on it. Was in the room. Can be questioned about it. As opposed to someone who may or may not even been in the room. May not have first hand knowledge of what happened.

Much less credible than an unnamed source. Lol makes no sense on any level

The amount of objective data that proves Geno is a punk douche bag is overwhelming (draft day, bounced off a comercial flight, cursing fans, shoving an old man and more) yet people cant understand why he got socked by IK.

It really was the perfect storm. In Geno, you have a deadbeat punk who wont keep his promise to pay a debt and a hot head with a low anger threshold and street attitude like IK on the receiving end of Geno's douchiness. Bingo......... say buh bye to 2015 Geno. Take your plates and screws and have a seat.

At least he has the balls to put his name on it. Was in the room. Can be questioned about it. As opposed to someone who may or may not even been in the room. May not have first hand knowledge of what happened.

Much less credible than an unnamed source. Lol makes no sense on any level

Much less credible than an anonymous source. This is PR spin control. The Jets are trying to change the narrative in the unfortunate event that Geno has to start for us.

Geno had to be told not to do something stupid like throwing the football with a broken jaw a day after doing something stupid like get his jaw broken for being a punk.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Much less credible than an anonymous source. This is PR spin control. The Jets are trying to change the narrative in the unfortunate event that Geno has to start for us.

Geno had to be told not to do something stupid like throwing the football with a broken jaw a day after doing something stupid like get his jaw broken for being a punk.

LOL, yeah, an NFL QB, out of surgery, feeling good two days later having a soft toss with his father on his front lawn, what a punk... :roll:

Sure. Way to argue, why bother if you're going to actually say something as idiotic as an unnamed source is more credible than a player who was in the lockerrom giving a recap of what happened.

And yeah, in who's mind have the Jets spun the story to make Geno look good?

So your logic is anyone beaten, shot, stabbed etc really, really did something bad to deserve it too?

Start it?  

LOL

Someone beat shot and stabbed is a stupid comparison and that's what I was referring too. Not even sure why I bothered to respond.

I put my faith in sources who are going out on a limb here. The ones whose version disputes the "sucker punch" narrative. Multiple journalists have reported multiple sources on that version of events.

Then you have Brandon Marshall who waits a full week before coming out with a very vague version which supports his guy. I think it is pretty clear what is happening here. Marshall is a known liar and a shill for anyone whose job it is to throw him the ball. As I said, rational self interest. What reason would any of those other accounts have to lie about it?

So basically, you choose to believe whatever source validates your personal dislike of geno smith. Let me guess you just cherry pick stories here and there that tell you what you want to hear, like metha's "unnamed sources" LOL

Hey so could one of you Anti-geno gossip queens unbunch your panties and tell me what happened to "the finger wag"? You certainly were screaming loudly about it before we found out it was a lie

Marshall said it didn't happen .. But he is liar around here so his opinion don't count .

Hey so could one of you Anti-geno gossip queens unbunch your panties and tell me what happened to "the finger wag"? You certainly were screaming loudly about it before we found out it was a lie

I heard that Geno had his finger up his rectum because he was going to dirty-Sanchez Marshall when they got home.

So basically, you choose to believe whatever source validates your personal dislike of geno smith. Let me guess you just cherry pick stories here and there that tell you what you want to hear, like metha's "unnamed sources" LOL

Not even remotely.

The timing was the clincher for me.  First to have the sucker punch narrative which was pretty quickly rebutted within 24 hours from multiple reporters (not just Mehta) several of them citing multiple sources.  That seemed pretty clear that it was actually a genuine and spontaneous locker room rebellion in reaction to a bullsh1t story that had been put out there by the coaches.  The fact that nobody spoke up to dispute that version of events for nearly a week told me all I need to know.

Marshall's non-defense defense was just icing on the cake.  Geno caused the issue, IK overreacted and got fired for it.  Geno is a dirtbag who also happens to be the worst QB in the NFL

Lets be honest here... there are a group of posters who defend Geno no matter what and that group of posters is going to twist and stretch their notion of rational probability no matter what in order to a concoct a story that is more favorable to their guy.

Archived