Outside of QB who benefits most with Chan Gailey?

Jetster

I'm going to say it's Bilal Powell.

I know a lot of Jet fans view him as Jag but he plays smart, knows his role, is an excellent blocker in the passing game & with Marshall, Decker, Kerley ect. defenses will be spread out a lot more than we saw last year.

Though Bilal is not a burner, he can shake & bake in the open field. Plus he's always in incredible shape.

I've always said he reminds me of Kevin Faulk but I think he can be even shiftier.

I can see Fitz being much better at checking down than Sanchez or Geno have been.

Could be a big year for the underrated Bilal.

We still really don't know the offense we are running. It seems Bowles forced the run in the first preseason game to evaluate WR blocking and the pass plays did that as well. Will have to see in the third game what our actual offense will be. It was described early as "wide open" and if so I would say Decker. If it is more balanced or run oriented, I would say Powell and maybe someone like Bohannon.

Powell showed me more last year than I thought he had.  He is useful enough though I think this team sorely needs a speed back that can make some big plays from short passes.

We need speed period. Over the coming 2 to 3 drafts I expect Mac to draft OL and speed then more speed.

I'm going to say it's Bilal Powell.

I know a lot of Jet fans view him as Jag but he plays smart, knows his role, is an excellent blocker in the passing game & with Marshall, Decker, Kerley ect. defenses will be spread out a lot more than we saw last year.

Though Bilal is not a burner, he can shake & bake in the open field. Plus he's always in incredible shape.

I've always said he reminds me of Kevin Faulk but I think he can be even shiftier.

I can see Fitz being much better at checking down than Sanchez or Geno have been.

Could be a big year for the underrated Bilal.

I agree for the most part.  Powell is one of those players that does everything well, but is not a star.

Never understood people that wanted to unload him

I'm also hoping the Oline will benefit with Fitzy making quicker decisions or just getting rid of the ball. We'll be able to have a better look of where our line is regarding it's pass blocking.

Many people here insisted that the Oline problems were directly related to Geno holding the ball to long.

It's gonna be interesting.

Houston's Oline was absolutely horrible last year & when Fitz was protected he did well. We have the weapons now, Marshall & Decker are better than Johnson/Hopkins.

Foster was hurt most of the year so Fitz having Ivory/Powell will also help him.

All healthy I believe this is the best offensive weapons Fitz has ever played with as a whole.

D Smith, Owusu, Powell or Graham.  Whichever members of the "speed corps" I figure will get the biggest benefits.

A lot of underneath with big YAC potential or over the top bombs on singe safety looks.

Not with Fitzpatrick at QB.

Todd Bowles. With all the crap going on these last few weeks, it's gotta be very comforting to have a veteran like Chan for him to lean on.

That's a great point. I see Bowles having a lot of confidence in Chan & I think Bowles learned a lot from Ariens.

D Smith, Owusu, Powell or Graham.  Whichever members of the "speed corps" I figure will get the biggest benefits.

A lot of underneath with big YAC potential or over the top bombs on singe safety looks.

I agree, it's going to be the speed guys because the spread is designed to take advantage of one on one matchups, and with Decker/Marshall on the field, opposing defenses are going to dare Devin Smith or Owusu to beat them, so they'll have better opportunities than in the past.   

Archived