Jets Acquire TE Arthur Lynch on Waivers

BurnleyJet

Amaro will be utilized properly by Gailey. He's a mismatch nightmare for LBs and DBs. Patience, Amaro will turn the corner sooner rather than later.

Hope you are right.  But we heard the exact same kind of stuff for Kyle Brady, Anthony Becht, Dustin Keller, and Doug Jolley, so forgive me for just deserved skepticism.

Hope you are right.  But we heard the exact same kind of stuff for Kyle Brady, Anthony Becht, Dustin Keller, and Doug Jolley, so forgive me for just deserved skepticism.

I completely agree. You're not a true Jets fan if you're not skeptical. Keller was the only one I thought could be an offensive weapon. The rest were stone hand blockers. Jolley was just trash.

Amaro is not buried on the depth chart.  He's the #1 H back.  Since there is not H position on the depth chart, they list him as the third TE. 

If the #1 H back practices on the other field with the third string, the #1 H back is buried on the depth chart.  Maybe it means something that there is no H position on the depth chart? 

Yo they must really not be happy with Jace .. Hopefully it's a camp body situation but lynch can play he solid at Georgia. He doesn't do anything special .. But decent blocker and decent short to mid level Reciever when asked .

Amaro a HBack, not a TE. IMHO this speaks more to TEs (if this guy is a traditional TE, not a HBack)

I completely agree. You're not a true Jets fan if you're not skeptical. Keller was the only one I thought could be an offensive weapon. The rest were stone hand blockers. Jolley was just trash.

It was almost as if Becht and Brady's hands repelled the ball.  Damn, they pissed me off.

And let's not forget Johnny Mitchell.  Good lord what a flake.  All the talent and tools in the world, but with the intellect/drive of an acorn squash.

We wouldn't know.  He hasn't been on the field enough to tell.  And when he has been, the results have been mixed.  It could be the Kyle Brady, Anthony Becht, Dustin Keller, Doug Jolley show all over again.  It makes no difference who the GM is either.  We haven't had an offensive advantage at TE since Mickey Shuler.  That is a very long time ago.  

The most important that in preseason is that any nagging injury doesn't develop into something more serious and or chronic.   As long he is on the field 100% for the first game of the season is all I care about.  I don't need to see him "flashing" in camp or in a preseason game.  Last year he was a raw rookie and it is not like he had Aaron Rogers throwing to him.   He showed me enough last year to know he can be a very effective player. 

What makes you think it's Jace? We will carry more than one TE.

Aren't Amaro and Cumberland nicked up?

I agree with you here, this guy is 6'5 258, I don't know much about him but at that size he is more likely a blocking type TE than a passing threat. Happy with Amaro or not I doubt they cut him this season or next unless he has an atrocious year in 2015.

I agree with you here, this guy is 6'5 258, I don't know much about him but at that size he is more likely a blocking type TE than a passing threat. Happy with Amaro or not I doubt they cut him this season or next unless he has an atrocious year in 2015.

Another player fans refuse to let develop

Why couldn't Lynch be our Kyle Rudolph?

Very similar players, Kyle is only 7Lbs heavier. With the skill players we now have the TE could be just a safety valve like dumpoffs to the RBs.

If left open I'm sure Lynch can catch the ball, and with his size maybe he can run over a few CBs or safeties.

I think our blocking at the TE position last year was atrocious, especially Cumberland the "Whiffer".

He'd develop if he could actually PRACTICE!

Dudes soft as charmin & with a shoulder injury he can't even work out & is getting softer by the day.

Soft as Charmin? What else can you make up about someone because don't like him?

Soft as Charmin? What else can you make up about someone because don't like him?

When has he shown to be anything but dinged up all the time?

Sorry, players that can't practice & stay on the field are worthless unless they've shown themselves to be elite early.

Gronk has been hurt a lot but he's elite & proved it immediately.

Gronk gets hurt because he REFUSES to let anyone try to tackle him. Amaro hasn't shown anything but bad hands, below average blocking ability & the inability to stay on the field.

Sorry, players that can't practice & stay on the field are worthless unless they've shown themselves to be elite early.

Gronk gets hurt because he REFUSES to let anyone try to tackle him. Amaro hasn't shown anything but bad hands, below average blocking ability & the inability to stay on the field.

Amaro had a few drops and was never a blocker. This CS actually shows its aptitude in evaluating talent BY MOVING Amaro to HBack instead keeping him at TE where his ineffective blocking would continue to be exposed. Jace is a receving threat above all else, he was the most effective Rookie TE last year compared to the TEs selected before him; Ebron was top 15 and has rocket-armed Stafford tossing him the ball, what he show last year?

You're comparing Amaro to the leagues best TE? Who's injured a lot? You do realize that comparing a guy with 1 season under his belt to a developed, leagues best is dumb? That 1st year Gronk doesn't compare to this Gronk. And that Amaro is in only his 2nd camp but you're angry about him being dinged up. Explain inability to stay on the field for us.

Just to let you know, Amaro played 4 fewer games as a rookie as Gronkowski did. Caught all of 4 fewer passes for similar yardage.

Be patient son, it's a virtue.

Well, what did you really expect from a rookie TE in a REX ground and pound system with Geno and Vick passing?

Let me start off saying I know I will catch flack over my stance. Not all first round picks are HOF caliber. Their careers need to be juged by longevity as well as production. Brady had a good long career in the NFL. Becht was one of the best if not the best blocking TE of his contemporaries (ask Martin). Keller had his career cut short by injury. Jolly was productive but washed up by the time he got here. Give Amaro a chance to develop.

Archived