Now the Bills are looking to sign Ray Rice

BroadwayRay

Why do you love Rex? you also loved Herm. they both left a huge mess here after each left. Herm failed miserably in KC and took the leagues best offense in 2005 and turned into a carbon copy of the Jets abysmal offense back then. what do you love about Rex? as a coach? or just because hes a really really cool guy?

Neither left a huge mess.

I don't care what herm did when he left but he did lead KC to a rare playoff app.  so you would like to score more points and miss the playoffs then score less and make it?

rex got my favorite team closer to a SB than at any point in my life and is the only coach to give us 2 shots to reach a SB.  Not his fault Woody foolishly got rid of tannenbaum and brought in idzik.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care what herm did when he left but he did lead KC to a rare playoff app.  so you would like to score more points and miss the playoffs then score less and make it?

rex got my favorite team closer to a SB than at any point in my life and is the only coach to give us 2 shots to reach a SB.  Not his fault Woody foolishly got rid of tannenbaum and brought in idzik.

:rl:

As expected

:rl:

As expected

what mess was left behind w/ herm? we went from 10 wins in 2004 to a million injuries and an awful 2005 to 10 wins in 2006 when healthy w/ the new HC.

our roster now is better than it has been since at least 2010 so how did rex leave a mess? and neither of these guys were GMs so why would they be blamed?

I like to win, you like to change. for you every new HC is the greatest and the one that left sucks, in a few years you will be bashing Bowles and pumping up the next HC.

Seriously, if Aaron Hernandez were let out on parole, I'm sure Rex would try to sign him. What's funny about all this is that he thinks he can reform all these social deviants, when history has shown just the opposite (Santonio Holmes?).

I think Trump and Rex are the exact same type of guy.

Attention at all costs. Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a note.  Outside of Braylon's DUI we didn't really have any off field problems w/ rex until idzik came on board and started bringing in problem players.

2009-2012 arrests:

Braylon

Bryan Thomas

2013-2014:

Cliff Harris

Claude Davis

Mike Goodson

Joe McKnight

Kellen winslow

Quincy enunwa

Jermaine Cunningham

Chris Johnson

Sheldon Richardson

9 arrests in the idzik years, this site keeps track of all arrests in the NFL since 2000:  http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/nfl/arrests-database/

from 2000-2012(pre Idzik) we had a total of 9, 2013-2014 under Idzik we had 9.

Ray is a good guy who made a horrible mistake.  he can still play in this league and whoever gets him will be thrilled w the production they get out of him.  I hope someone signs him but would prefer if it wasn't a div rival.

His production sucked his last couple of years in Baltimore.

Just a note.  Outside of Braylon's DUI we didn't really have any off field problems w/ rex until idzik came on board and started bringing in problem players.

2009-2012 arrests:

Braylon

Bryan Thomas

2013-2014:

Cliff Harris

Claude Davis

Mike Goodson

Joe McKnight

Kellen winslow

Quincy enunwa

Jermaine Cunningham

Chris Johnson

Sheldon Richardson

9 arrests in the idzik years, this site keeps track of all arrests in the NFL since 2000:  http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/nfl/arrests-database/

Yeah totes. Rex deserves all the credit for the Mangini holdovers and none of the blame for anything after because it's Idzik's fault. Despite the fact that the Bills have brought in 3 (and maybe soon 4) notorious dipsh*ts since Rex was hired. 100%.

2009-2012 arrests:

Braylon

Bryan Thomas

2013-2014:

Cliff Harris

Claude Davis

Mike Goodson

Joe McKnight

Kellen winslow

Quincy enunwa

Jermaine Cunningham

Chris Johnson

Sheldon Richardson

Generally a pro-Rex guy, but I think Ellis got arrested at some point in there.  Shaun, not Kenrick.  Who the hell is Claude Davis?  I also think Jermaine Cunningham was off the team by the time of his arrest.  Pace had a PED suspension the early years too.

Generally a pro-Rex guy, but I think Ellis got arrested at some point in there.  Shaun, not Kenrick.  Who the hell is Claude Davis?  I also think Jermaine Cunningham was off the team by the time of his arrest.  Pace had a PED suspension the early years too.

Sanchez's cornrows and the tattoo should also be considered as crimes.

what mess was left behind w/ herm? we went from 10 wins in 2004 to a million injuries and an awful 2005 to 10 wins in 2006 when healthy w/ the new HC.

our roster now is better than it has been since at least 2010 so how did rex leave a mess? and neither of these guys were GMs so why would they be blamed?

I like to win, you like to change. for you every new HC is the greatest and the one that left sucks, in a few years you will be bashing Bowles and pumping up the next HC.

I agree

And it is simple every year Herm had his starting QB on for most of the season the Jets went to the playoffs.

Indeed the Jets were a SB PICK his final year of many prognosticators until we lost Chad and Fiedler in back to back series.

The Jets were always in the playoff hunt other than that and that was with teams playing fast and lose with the rules.

The REx tanny combo left a HUGE mess.  Aging vets, over inflated contracts for holmes and Sanchez we had to essentially eat.  Years and years of trading draft picks to the tune of us having about 4 or 5 per year.  This led to poor depth and poor development at the bottom end of the roster.  While other teams were finding depth and prospects with mid round picks we had so few picks that the odds were against us.

Idzik, despite his total inability to draft at all had to come in his 1st year, lose a fair number of fa, set us up both cap wise and draft pick wise for the future.

The team sure as hell would not have been in the position it was this off season to make moves if Idzik had sold the far to get mediocre players like Rex wanted.

Rex was a huge part of this team being in crap shape his last few years here, and then he has the mitigated gaul to blame the gm for the team falling on its ass.

Selfish, no accountability, immature putz is what Rex is.

The REx tanny combo left a HUGE mess.  Aging vets, over inflated contracts for holmes and Sanchez we had to essentially eat.  Years and years of trading draft picks to the tune of us having about 4 or 5 per year.  This led to poor depth and poor development at the bottom end of the roster.  While other teams were finding depth and prospects with mid round picks we had so few picks that the odds were against us.

Idzik, despite his total inability to draft at all had to come in his 1st year, lose a fair number of fa, set us up both cap wise and draft pick wise for the future.

The team sure as hell would not have been in the position it was this off season to make moves if Idzik had sold the far to get mediocre players like Rex wanted.

Rex was a huge part of this team being in crap shape his last few years here, and then he has the mitigated gaul to blame the gm for the team falling on its ass.

Bullsh*t.  The Rex/Tanny combo was gone, so they didn't leave us anything.  This other sh*thead left us plenty of cap space, Rex or no Rex.  If you are going to whine about past draft picks, that sh*t was going on well before Rex came around. Povero, Idzik.  If only he had been allowed to keep his picks and draft who he wanted... wait... what?

Yeah totes. Rex deserves all the credit for the Mangini holdovers and none of the blame for anything after because it's Idzik's fault. Despite the fact that the Bills have brought in 3 (and maybe soon 4) notorious dipsh*ts since Rex was hired. 100%.

nah, mangini deserves all the credit for rex taking the players he couldn't win w/ and getting us w/in a game of the SB.

have those players been problems in Buffalo?

Rex was NOT the GM, we went for it in '11 and it didn't work, we had a bad '12 but it was foolish to fire Tannenbaum after '12. 

No we wouldn't have had the offseason we had this year but we wouldn't have needed to if we actually added some talent the last few years.

Ellis was actually arrested the year before rex.

Bullsh*t.  The Rex/Tanny combo was gone, so they didn't leave us anything.  This other sh*thead left us plenty of cap space, Rex or no Rex.  If you are going to whine about past draft picks, that sh*t was going on well before Rex came around. Povero, Idzik.  If only he had been allowed to keep his picks and draft who he wanted... wait... what?

Well your one statment is true, the REx and tanny combo was gone and they left the team with few draft picks, in cap trouble and few picks.  It was Idzik that let a bunch of vets walk that rex wanted to cling on to and thus get us lots of comp picks.  Idzik got the team out from under the lousy cap predicament the jets were in.  He stock piled draft picks and he refused to pay tip dollar for mediocre players like DRC.  Rex complained about not having the say he had under tanny.

Idzik so far as we can judge now drafted poorly.  That was about his only real sin.  If he didn't stand up to Rex and follow his plan the new coach and gm would have walked into an even worse situation and would have been unable to make many moves they have made.

Rex bullied Tanny, that combo left the team in rags, the team had to feel pain under Idzik because sooner or later you have to pay the price for going all in for a number of years.

nah, mangini deserves all the credit for rex taking the players he couldn't win w/ and getting us w/in a game of the SB.

have those players been problems in Buffalo?

Rex was NOT the GM, we went for it in '11 and it didn't work, we had a bad '12 but it was foolish to fire Tannenbaum after '12. 

No we wouldn't have had the offseason we had this year but we wouldn't have needed to if we actually added some talent the last few years.

Rex in effect WAS the gm.  He had a major impact on almost eve5ything the jets did under tanny and he even complained that he suddenly felt he had much less control once idzik came in.  Rex was in on the sanchez extension the holmes contract, just about every go for it now move possible.

Rex in effect WAS the gm.  He had a major impact on almost eve5ything the jets did under tanny and he even complained that he suddenly felt he had much less control once idzik came in.  Rex was in on the sanchez extension the holmes contract, just about every go for it now move possible.

he had influence, he wasn't making the decisions.

The Sanchez extension was fine, the problem was not putting players around him. 

people forget how GREAT Holmes was for us in 2010, a key to making it back to AFC Championship game.  Not to mention the shortened offseason w/ the lockout.  That shortened offseason set us up for long term failure but they were in a tough spot. 

Well your one statment is true, the REx and tanny combo was gone and they left the team with few draft picks, in cap trouble and few picks.  It was Idzik that let a bunch of vets walk that rex wanted to cling on to and thus get us lots of comp picks.  Idzik got the team out from under the lousy cap predicament the jets were in.  He stock piled draft picks and he refused to pay tip dollar for mediocre players like DRC.  Rex complained about not having the say he had under tanny.

Idzik so far as we can judge now drafted poorly.  That was about his only real sin.  If he didn't stand up to Rex and follow his plan the new coach and gm would have walked into an even worse situation and would have been unable to make many moves they have made.

Rex bullied Tanny, that combo left the team in rags, the team had to feel pain under Idzik because sooner or later you have to pay the price for going all in for a number of years.

Idzik also spent legitimate FA $$ on Michael Vick, Chris Johnson, Dimitri Patterson and gave up picks and $7M for a half season of Percy Harvin.  His extension to Kerley is questionable.  Sin, sin, sin, sin, sin.  Any moron knew exactly when Sanchez was gone.  Same for Cromartie and Bart Scott.  It took zero football acumen to do that.  The one thing he did was get the first for Revis.  The Richardson pick looked genius, but even that has started to pale a bit. That and Ivory are the only real success stories he can cling to. 

The poor GMs.  One bullied by Rex, the other doomed by his complete inability to put together an NFL roster.

Idzik also spent legitimate FA $$ on Michael Vick, Chris Johnson, Dimitri Patterson and gave up picks and $7M for a half season of Percy Harvin.  His extension to Kerley is questionable.  Sin, sin, sin, sin, sin.  Any moron knew exactly when Sanchez was gone.  Same for Cromartie and Bart Scott.  It took zero football acumen to do that.  The one thing he did was get the first for Revis.  The Richardson pick looked genius, but even that has started to pale a bit. That and Ivory are the only real success stories he can cling to. 

The poor GMs.  One bullied by Rex, the other doomed by his complete inability to put together an NFL roster.

where is this 'bullied by rex" nonsense coming from?  I guess mccagnan was too since he went defense 1st round again.

You say that about Cro and scott et all and yet you know via past history that guys like scott and eric smith that guys lasted long then they should have here because they were rex's guys.  Vick, Johnson, Patterson and Harvin are all gone.  All short term we hope they work moves none of them which worked.

We could be standing here right now with DRC under contract for 5 more years of big dollars.  You know as well as I do that if the Jets had the money to spend under tanny and rex they would have spent it last year to leap us up to a 7 win season.  MacCagnan and Bowles were pretty happy to walk into a team with loads of cap room and a near full allotment of picks.

That was Dec 4 2008 Mangini was the HC..

Archived