Would you be in favor of the Jets starting Bryce Petty this season 2015

joewilly12

Bryce Petty   

153 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favor of starting Bryce Petty this season 2015

Easy Larz its still the off season I know everyone is upset about the situation of the QB position here just talking football no harm no foul.

Is this the real you or the one that called people who think geno sucks "haters" "trolls" and that they need to "get a life?"

just want to know who we are dealing with.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the real you or the one that called people who think geno sucks "haters" "trolls" and that they need to "get a life?"

just want to know who we are dealing with.

Give it a rest I'm just a crazy fan ready for some football and want the best for the Jets and fans that deserve success. 

The best situation for Petty is to sit and learn before he has to perform on the NFL stage but the Jets QB situation could leave him behind next years first round pick (QB) if 2015 is 8-8 or worse (odds on), so why not give the kid a chance?

Barring some miracle the Jets will be drafting a first or second round QB in 2016 and Petty could be stuck behind that pick like Glennon or Mettenberger, we need Fitz or Geno to buy Petty some time to develop, what are the odds of that?

(I would be happy in the Flacco, Stafford, Ryan teir of QB skill level) 

I'd give my left nut for the Flacco, Stafford, Ryan tier of QB skill level.  I think each of them are 1000x better than any QB on the Jets squad now, and I'd sign up for that any day.

Petty should never see a snap in real games for 2015. Then again....

Starting threads about starting inexperienced QBs reminds me of Sanchez he'd be the best QB in the AFC East besides Brady Tanny Fitz and whoever Buffalo plays the doctor says to eat my applesauce but I feel he's putting something in it gesundheit I bet I really have more money than SAR I but there's no way to know is there maybe I can ask Slats or Max for his IP and get his DMV stuff that way Fitz to Decker is dumb I hate Marshall though we should have traded Boomer when we had the chance Petty is probably related to Tom Petty and that's always a plus what I would do is rehire Rex as DC I mean you never know he could maybe get his gig back if Bowles falters

Hard to imagine a team with a roster like the Jets not making the playoffs.

ESPN (for what it's worth) has the Jets finishing 4th in the division w/a 19% shot at the playoffs.

The roster looks great. But there's two glaring issues. First, a new coaching staff n systems. Rookie coach at that. Would have to figure even best case scenario there will be some growing pains there.

Then #2. We're lacking at the most important position on the field. Geno, even though I support him starting, is a gamble. And Fitz is Fitz. Not much to say there.

Attempting not to look at things through green tinted glasses, I'd say 40% shot at playoffs.

But F that. As a fan... 80% shot at the playoffs and 50% shot at winning the division.

Well since I would not have been in favor of starting Mariota this year had he fallen to us, I'll let you all figure out my response to Petty starting.

ps:  a recent Bowles comment on Petty

---The Jets have every intention of starting Ryan Fitzpatrick opening day. For rookie Bryce Petty, it’s a work in progress. Coach Bowles indicated that Petty had difficulty identifying the Mike ‘backer against the Lions. That is the most important thing for a quarterback, so the blocking can be set up front. Reading defenses on a pro level is his most significant adjustment and then in due time he’ll know where to go with the ball and also be able to manage the offense effectively. Petty has all the intangibles and these reps – in practice and in the preseason games – are critical, but the Jets aren’t going to rush him into regular season action.

Hard to imagine a team with a roster like the Jets not making the playoffs.

How is it hard to imagine? They have no QB in a division with 2 loaded D's.  A rookie HC.  Implementing 2 new systems.  And they're playing in the AFCE which means, they're instantly playing for a Wild Card.  In addition to the fact the AFCE is going to very competitive and they play another ultra competitive division in the NFCE.

6-10 sounds about right.

I posted for discussion purposes not for arguments sake.  Other teams have thrown rookies into the fire why not the Jets.

He is a project, not a savior. Like a previous poster had mentioned, we have yet to develop a QB since Penny, lets try that again.

Well since I would not have been in favor of starting Mariota this year had he fallen to us, I'll let you all figure out my response to Petty starting.

---The Jets have every intention of starting Ryan Fitzpatrick opening day. For rookie Bryce Petty, it’s a work in progress. Coach Bowles indicated that Petty had difficulty identifying the Mike ‘backer against the Lions. That is the most important thing for a quarterback, so the blocking can be set up front. Reading defenses on a pro level is his most significant adjustment and then in due time he’ll know where to go with the ball and also be able to manage the offense effectively. Petty has all the intangibles and these reps – in practice and in the preseason games – are critical, but the Jets aren’t going to rush him into regular season action.

didnt Mangold handle this responsibility for the sanchize for at least his rookie season? 

Rookie year, it's all about learning your system.  Sophomore year, it's all about learning how to read a defense. 

didnt Mangold handle this responsibility for the sanchize for at least his rookie season? 

Yes and he made all the OL adjustments. 

Petty should never see a snap in real games for 2015. Then again....

Starting threads about starting inexperienced QBs reminds me of Sanchez he'd be the best QB in the AFC East besides Brady Tanny Fitz and whoever Buffalo plays the doctor says to eat my applesauce but I feel he's putting something in it gesundheit I bet I really have more money than SAR I but there's no way to know is there maybe I can ask Slats or Max for his IP and get his DMV stuff that way Fitz to Decker is dumb I hate Marshall though we should have traded Boomer when we had the chance Petty is probably related to Tom Petty and that's always a plus what I would do is rehire Rex as DC I mean you never know he could maybe get his gig back if Bowles falters

Umm... are you having a stroke?

:happy0069:

Petty will be a solid back up qb at best. The jets #1 priority is drafting a qb in round 1 next year.

With teams like tenn, tampa, jacksonville vying for the #1 spot, there will be an opportunity to trade up to get the pick as those teams dont need qbs.

If one of these qbs is a stud, we will trade multiple 1sts to go up and get one.

Petty will be a solid back up qb at best. The jets #1 priority is drafting a qb in round 1 next year.

With teams like tenn, tampa, jacksonville vying for the #1 spot, there will be an opportunity to trade up to get the pick as those teams dont need qbs.

If one of these qbs is a stud, we will trade multiple 1sts to go up and get one.

I'm not a fan of Kaepeenick but he'll be available after 49ers go 2-14. Brees probably will also be available as well as Peyton Manning

Archived