Woody chose Bowles over Quinn, Kyle Shanahan.

Matt39

and Geno was benched for an aged, broken down vick who is now out of football - what does that say about Geno?    

Cousins is an upgrade from Geno.  As I said before, if Cousins had come out one year later he would have been the first QB taken in the draft - well ahead of Geno.   

Aged, broken down Mike Vick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kirk Cousins. 

I didn't say anything about Geno. I said Cousins wouldn't be an upgrade. 

Saying someone wouldn't be an upgrade over what you've got is not the same as saying what you've got is better. 

Geno sucks, Fitz sucks, Cousins sucks. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasnt Wolf and Casserly the consulting team Woody used?   I would hope he'd be gushing over the Head Coach he chose to lead the Jets.  We know Woody was finally just a puppet in the process and Casserly and Wolf did all the real work. 

Yeah a puppet?  Who pays and ultimately signs off on the pick?

Its painful to credit an owner, lol

and Geno was benched for an aged, broken down vick who is now out of football - what does that say about Geno?    

Cousins is an upgrade from Geno.  As I said before, if Cousins had come out one year later he would have been the first QB taken in the draft - well ahead of Geno.   

That he needed to be benched?  To sit, absorb and hopefully learn something?  Which he apparently did going by his last 5 games.

Don't think anyone thinks we put Vick in because he was appreciably better

Not sure if Fitz is better than Cousins, but I would rather have Bowles than Quinn.

Quinn likes to put guys out there on D and leave them alone.  You need All Star talent for that.  And to me that is not high level coaching. Shanahan is a Shanahan.  I hate those guys

That he needed to be benched?  To sit, absorb and hopefully learn something?  Which he apparently did going by his last 5 games.

Don't think anyone thinks we put Vick in because he was appreciably better

maybe you forgot the buffalo game last year.  3 int's in like his first 5 passes.   He was benched because he stunk the joint up, not to learn as you suggest.  

Yeah a puppet?  Who pays and ultimately signs off on the pick?

Its painful to credit an owner, lol

I credit the owner for having the wherewithal to know he's not cut out making Football related decisions regarding the team so hiring a group of men who are very capable was wise thing to do.

maybe you forgot the buffalo game last year.  3 int's in like his first 5 passes.   He was benched because he stunk the joint up, not to learn as you suggest. 

Big deal, why do people bring one game up as if one game is significant.  Every HOF QB has had a game like that, it doesnt make your point.  The point of the benching was to get him straightened out, not as a punishment.  And it worked, so whats who cares why?  People who hated Geno wanted him benched, they benched him and he played much better after the benching.  WTF, now we need to argue why he was benched, its not good enough it may have done something for him.

I credit the owner for having the wherewithal to know he's not cut out making Football related decisions regarding the team so hiring a group of men who are very capable was wise thing to do.

Pretty much what every owner not named Jones does.

He's done the same before.

Pretty much what every owner not named Jones does.

He's done the same before.

Oh really?  Every owner outsources his GM hunt to a Consulting company and then follows up his next search hiring a group of former GM's?

Interesting how I've never seen or read about such occurrences with other teams. 

Oh really?  Every owner outsources his GM hunt to a Consulting company and then follows up his next search hiring a group of former GM's?

Interesting how I've never seen or read about such occurrences with other teams. 

You said "having the wherewithal to know he's not cut out making Football related decisions regarding the team so hiring a group of men who are very capable was wise thing to do."  Now you don't like who he brought in to help advise?  

I've read about teams hiring advisors, hiring those same ex GMs,

Stick to one complaint, he didn't do a single thing in looking for outside help that anyone should whine about.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt'  Thought the point was he knew he needed help and went out and got it.  And when he saw a Idzik was a mistake got rid of him.

You said "having the wherewithal to know he's not cut out making Football related decisions regarding the team so hiring a group of men who are very capable was wise thing to do."  Now you don't like who he brought in to help advise?  

I've read about teams hiring advisors, hiring those same ex GMs,

Stick to one complaint, he didn't do a single thing in looking for outside help that anyone should whine about.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt'  Thought the point was he knew he needed help and went out and got it.  And when he saw a Idzik was a mistake got rid of him.

Nobody is whining sweetheart.  And i can complain about as many things as I want.  Which I never actually did but I still reserve that right. 

I've never read about other teams using consulting.  You're a wise wise man.

Nobody is whining sweetheart.  And i can complain about as many things as I want.  Which I never actually did but I still reserve that right. 

I've never read about other teams using consulting.  You're a wise wise man.

Good for you, if you never read about any other teams using consultants it has to be true.  You'd be wrong but hey, its your right.

For starters

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120430/article/ron-wolf-hired-as-san-diego-chargers-consultant

And as usual you miss the point by a mile.  

I get your point, and dismiss it.  The reason for his benching is relevant here.  It wasn't the coaching staff hoping it would do him some good.  It was a benching because it was some of the worst QB play by anyone that season.

Good for you, if you never read about any other teams using consultants it has to be true.  You'd be wrong but hey, its your right.

For starters

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120430/article/ron-wolf-hired-as-san-diego-chargers-consultant

Thank you for providing such great insight.  This is a first time for me.  I see Ron has had a major impact on the San Diego Chargers.  

Thank you for providing such great insight.  This is a first time for me.  I see Ron has had a major impact on the San Diego Chargers.  

You said you never heard of a similar situation with a consultant,  here's one.  

More insight than you saying it hasn't happened anywhere else

I get your point, and dismiss it.  The reason for his benching is relevant here.  It wasn't the coaching staff hoping it would do him some good.  It was a benching because it was some of the worst QB play by anyone that season.

You never get anyones point,  You just keep saying the same things over and over again, thread after thread.  

You said you never heard of a similar situation with a consultant,  here's one.  

More insight than you saying it hasn't happened anywhere else

Which is why I thanked you for showing me an article.  

My god, in addition to being a little agro, you're a hard man to please.  And I'm great at pleasing men.  Probably my best skill in life. 

Which is why I thanked you for showing me an article.  

My god, in addition to being a little agro, you're a hard man to please.  And I'm great at pleasing men.  Probably my best skill in life. 

Well then its been a pleasure providing truth, I'm a giver too.

All good, not pissed at all.  

I dont know what to make of the article. It sounds like Woody got paranoid and pulled the trigger on his second option. Is that a good thing? Probably because Woody is a moron so hopefully the fact he was higher on Quinn is a good thing for the Jets that we wound up with Bowles.

And what does it say about Bowles that his plan included Smith while Quinn's was clearly to get away from him as quick as possible?

I love this team.

It says to me that Bowles has a better idea on how to run his team. Giving Geno one last chance and landing a Vet who could back him up, should he falter, was by far the better plan. Of all the QBs that could be traded for, Cousins would be 3rd, maybe 4th on my list. I just don't like him that much.

That all being said I liked both guys as potential HC's for us. People also forget what Quinn did at Florida. The guy can coach. I just liked Bowles more. I loved how he made due with what he had and made it work. He also had that small interim stint with the Dolphins giving him some sort of experience.

I was thinking about that the other day.  I dont recall it perfectly but I remember watching like a roundtable type of interview with a bunch of coaches...one of them being Marvin Lewis and Bowles was on the panel too.  The question was asked to the table, do you recommend calling the plays on whatever side of the ball you came from?  And Marvin's take was no, he doesnt call the D because all the real decisions that need to be made are on offense.  Therefore, he rather be on the offensive radio and let this DC call the plays. 

This is where it gets unclear...I think Bowles said he would not be calling plays but I cant remember perfectly.

I'm pretty sure he's said in interviews that he won't call plays.

VRENTAS: Have you decided whether you want to call the defense during the regular season?

BOWLES: No, because [in the first preseason game], we were just letting guys play. There was no game-planning or play-calling really involved. It was very generic, and we were just trying to make sure guys could run around fast and know what they were doing. We’ll get a good feel these next two games coming up. A lot of other coaches [call plays], so it’s no big deal. You just want to see where your your team is at before you do that.

Why did he fall so much?

Both Bowles and Quinn were excellent candidates, would've been happy with either.

I would take Cousins over Geno in a heartbeat.

But...

The Jets’ concurrent head coaching and general manager searches made for an interesting dynamic. Quinn told friends that he wanted to bring former Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik aboard in some capacity.

would not have been OK with Dominik as the GM. Maccagnan is our guy. So all in all, I'm happy with how things turned out.

I'm totally in on coach Bowles for now. The culture on this team has been according to Rex and they tried to bring back the circus but coach Bowles stoped it and now the team knows there is a new culture and sheriff in town and that is coach Bowles.

This team has a lot of new pieces that need to play and communicate better on the field and it is starting to come toghether it didn't help with the Geno fiasco but I think Fitz can keep it toghether until Geno returns. Jets fans we need to see once and for all what Geno has and Fitz is ok for now but he dose not have the arm and legs for the deep throws that we need. Looking forwar for next preseason game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived