Sign in to follow this  
Bugg

Semi-Official Concert Review Thread

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, HighPitch said:

See i lik roots personally although its a lil departure from metal

Lil departure from metal, big departure from decent Sepultura music. it's where Max lost the plot, and sadly, never found it again. It's probably in a shampoo bottle at his house...

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Been a huge fan of Oddisee for a long time and I finally got to catch him live last night. Really one of the best sets I have ever seen. He has been experimenting more and more with abstract jazz, vocal harmonies, and live instrumentation the past couple years and they are really magic on stage together.

My orange blossom jam 2017 review:

1. Th stereo type-never hear of em but good instrumental jam heavy keyboards

2. Unlimited devotion- a dea tribute band. Pretty good, but not superb

3. Applebutter express- kicked ass. Really catchy songs wouldnt be surprised they rise a bit in the country scene. 

4. Savi fernadez band had a strong set

5. Holey miss moley- i dunno, i like em but this time they got i to rapping a bit. Too much rap. Wtf? 

6. The heavy pets- wow really surprised. Did a superb "fearless" cover by pink floyd. Very fun

7.grass is dead-a bluegrass dead tribute that killed it. At this poi t i was really wasted and singing too much

Obj is a gkod little cheap festival. Byob

I really want to go see "Pete Townshend's Quadrophenia" at the Met in September.  But just like most rock shows these days, ticket prices are crazy.  Pete's 72 now so really want to catch the show which might be the last staging with him.  But even cheap seats with parking and the rest is going to run like $700.  Maybe I'd do it if Keith and John were alive.  But I can't justify spending all that coin. Fuk this world.

9 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I really want to go see "Pete Townshend's Quadrophenia" at the Met in September.  But just like most rock shows these days, ticket prices are crazy.  Pete's 72 now so really want to catch the show which might be the last staging with him.  But even cheap seats with parking and the rest is going to run like $700.  Maybe I'd do it if Keith and John were alive.  But I can't justify spending all that coin. Fuk this world.

The same exact show with Alfie Bowe and Billy Idol recorded at Royal Albert Hall about 2 years ago runs on AXS from time to time. It's kinda fun, but understand it' more orchestra than Townsend anyway. it's a bit odd to see one guy with a guitar and an orchestra. 

10 hours ago, Bugg said:

The same exact show with Alfie Bowe and Billy Idol recorded at Royal Albert Hall about 2 years ago runs on AXS from time to time. It's kinda fun, but understand it' more orchestra than Townsend anyway. it's a bit odd to see one guy with a guitar and an orchestra. 

Yeah, in my heart, that's how I feel, too.  I just wanted one more quasi-Who experience until Pete decides to hang 'em up. Sounded like a fun night, especially at the Met.   

saw U2 Joshua tree tour last week at raymond james stadium and i had high expectations.  They surpassed them!  It was more of an event than a concert.  200 ft wide screen behind them and it was amazing.  I encourage all who can make this show as they tour to attend, you wont regret it.

also should add that i went to gasparilla music festival a couple months ago.  Cage the Elephant headlined and they kicked mucho ass!!! was happy for a bit listening to Ghost Faced Killa but then my buddy asked why he was playing all RZA and wu tang stuff.  kinda ruined it for me... saving grace would have been him pulling one of the wu on stage and for a moment it looked like he would.  asked they crowd who they wanted to see on stage and was a large portion of method man fans.  he brought up a little white girl to sing his parts... the end, moved onto the next stage...

I saw Dave at Saratoga Performing Arts Center, back to back nights. I've never been to a Dave show. The first night was cool; he's cool and is passionate about his music. The second night, the crowd was loaded with dudebros and he played all deep cuts sh*t and it sucked. 

For some reason, I bought tickets to Jason Isbell in New Haven. The opener did ten very loud songs that were like some sh*t you'd hear at open mic night at your local hipster pub, which put the crowd into a deep sleep. By the time Isbell came out, the crowd was shot and couldn't give a sh*t. He was fine, but doesn't really have a fastball. Think Bruce Springsteen, but if Bruce co-wrote his songs with Larry the Cable Guy. 

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I saw Dave at Saratoga Performing Arts Center, back to back nights. I've never been to a Dave show. The first night was cool; he's cool and is passionate about his music. The second night, the crowd was loaded with dudebros and he played all deep cuts sh*t and it sucked. 

For some reason, I bought tickets to Jason Isbell in New Haven. The opener did ten very loud songs that were like some sh*t you'd hear at open mic night at your local hipster pub, which put the crowd into a deep sleep. By the time Isbell came out, the crowd was shot and couldn't give a sh*t. He was fine, but doesn't really have a fastball. Think Bruce Springsteen, but if Bruce co-wrote his songs with Larry the Cable Guy. 

I cant think of an artist I hate more than Dave Matthews.  

On 6/27/2017 at 6:30 PM, T0mShane said:

Saw Isbell open for Zac Brown. His songs are kinda better than he is as a performer. 

23 hours ago, Bugg said:

Saw Isbell open for Zac Brown. His songs are kinda better than he is as a performer. 

I suppose? All the critics love him. The venue I saw him in sucks: it's always full of disinterested Yale students snapchatting the whole show.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I suppose? All the critics love him. The venue I saw him in sucks: it's always full of disinterested Yale students snapchatting the whole show.

Only time I've seen a concert where the headliner, ZBB, covered a great song by the opener, "Dress Blues". 

7/20/2017, Jones Beach-Jason Bonham LZ Experience, Cheap Trick, Foreigner;

Jason Bonham does a pretty good job covering his dad's band. As it happens at one time he was the road drummer for Foreigner.But it is a cover band.

Cheap Trick, despite bing in the RNR HOF, was kinda passive aggressive. You are old, and you aren't top bill; play your hits. Alas, basically rushed the radio stuff into about 5 songs at the end.

Foreigner consisted of Mick Jones and his grandchildren who sound like Foreigner from FM radio. But surprise was Lou Graham and 2 other members of the original band joined in for an excellent encore set. Graham looked TERRIBLE but was in good voice. 

7/21/2017 Jones Beach: Christ Stapleton;

Simply a great show. Nashville doesn't quite know how to deal with  a guy who is not some Taylor Swift/Luke Bryan crossover wannabe who draws as much from Southern rock like the Allmans and Skynrd than he does from country. 

7/26/2017 Forest Hills Tennis Stadium Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers:

A great show. Forest Hills has a strict 10PM curfew so felt like he could've gone another encore or 2. But seen him a bunch of times and always a good show. 

Ugh... my future son 'n law State Trooper has to work on the night of a planned concert so now I have an extra pair of fantastic 5th row Front Center Orchestra seats to Kenny Wayne Shepherd on Wednesday night 8Pm, August 16th in Morristown, NJ.  

If anyone has interest in that show, these seats are two of the best in the house.  Face value + ticketmaster charges make it $100/ticket.  Ive seen this act before and it is a fantastic show.  PM me if interested. If you are unfamiliar, here is a link to a 2015 show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q1-SikUQc8

Sacred Reich in Dublin, Sunday night, 30th anniversary of Ignorance tour. Basically the same setlist they've been playing for the past god knows how many years, long past time for a new album. And War Pigs needs to be dropped for one of their own songs.

Apart from that, bloody brilliant. And the support act, Animator were razor sharp.

Toby Keith, 8/18/2017 Ford Ampitheater, Coney Island, Brooklyn-

A party of a show.Runs through all his hits. Did a solid version of "Wichita Lineman" in tribute of Glen Campbell, as well as a great cover of Ted Nugent's "Stranglehold". Does a nice thing of bringing up veterans for his encore. A nicer venue than I expected. Had ridden past this decrepit place on my bike hundreds of times, would never expect they could fix it up this well.  And it's remarkably comfortable and a great place to see a show.  And having a headline country show in Brooklyn is not something that happens...ever. 

Saw Roger Waters in philly on Friday. Fantastic show. He's coming to north jersey and nyc in a few weeks highly recommend ya'll go 

19 hours ago, CTM said:

Saw Roger Waters in philly on Friday. Fantastic show. He's coming to north jersey and nyc in a few weeks highly recommend ya'll go 

Saw them on the 5th in DC. Just a tremendous show. One of the rare acts that seems to stand the test of time Time. Haha

On 6/26/2017 at 8:11 AM, whodeawhodat said:

saw U2 Joshua tree tour last week at raymond james stadium and i had high expectations.  They surpassed them!  It was more of an event than a concert.  200 ft wide screen behind them and it was amazing.  I encourage all who can make this show as they tour to attend, you wont regret it.

also should add that i went to gasparilla music festival a couple months ago.  Cage the Elephant headlined and they kicked mucho ass!!! was happy for a bit listening to Ghost Faced Killa but then my buddy asked why he was playing all RZA and wu tang stuff.  kinda ruined it for me... saving grace would have been him pulling one of the wu on stage and for a moment it looked like he would.  asked they crowd who they wanted to see on stage and was a large portion of method man fans.  he brought up a little white girl to sing his parts... the end, moved onto the next stage...

Got tickets for U2 in KC - can't wait 

Saw Cage the Elephant last summer - they do put on a good show!

2 hours ago, peebag said:

Got tickets for U2 in KC - can't wait 

Saw Cage the Elephant last summer - they do put on a good show!

nice!  Def reply after the U2 show and let me know how you liked it.

I have been listening to a lot more cage since i saw them in concert, cigarette daydreams has a cool video.

So.. im studying Spanish and making great progress.  One of the methods involves cultures etc...  I came across this guy.  Pretty good stuff.   In fact been banging it out on my Taylor 810.  

On 8/14/2017 at 2:57 PM, whodeawhodat said:

nice!  Def reply after the U2 show and let me know how you liked it.

I have been listening to a lot more cage since i saw them in concert, cigarette daydreams has a cool video.

So U2 was awesome as expected - capped off a 4 day music spree which included Beck (solo and w/ U2) and X on their 40th anniversary tour

edit: hoping to see the Gorillaz at the end of the month - anyone seen them on the current tour?

57 minutes ago, peebag said:

So U2 was awesome as expected - capped off a 4 day music spree which included Beck (solo and w/ U2) and X on their 40th anniversary tour

edit: hoping to see the Gorillaz at the end of the month - anyone seen them on the current tour?

nice, was def one of my favorite shows of all time.  Glad to hear they are keeping it going throughout their tour!