Jets \ Falcons: Preseason Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wheres the contradiction? Hes a rookie. He played really well. R u saying he should start

No (not yet). But that's not to say he isn't better than Fitz. Or could be very soon. Just two games into preseason, I know. But not happy at all with Fitz at QB with what he's shown so far.

No (not yet). But that's not to say he isn't better than Fitz. Or could be very soon. Just two games into preseason, I know. But not happy at all with Fitz at QB with what he's shown so far.

Fair enough. Fitz wasnt great but he has experience. He wasnt bad either. Im just saying petty is a rookie u cant start him if its between the 2 unless for the rest of the preseason fitz regresses and petty gets better n bettrr. Lets revisit this in 2 weeks

Fitz isn't as exciting as Petty and can't make all the throws like Petty but he hasn't looked bad.  Yes he dinks and dunks so do tons of teams in the NFL.  The problem tonight was the penalties.  Remove some of those offensive penalties, especially the ineligible receiver down field penalties and our 1st team offense probably would have put some points on the board against Atlantas 1s.

Fair enough. Fitz wasnt great but he has experience. He wasnt bad either. Im just saying petty is a rookie u cant start him if its between the 2 unless for the rest of the preseason fitz regresses and petty gets better n bettrr. Lets revisit this in 2 weeks

Good call. Trust me, I want to avoid having to start a rookie as much as anyone. But if all Fitz can do is dink n dunk... no matter his completion percentage or turnover rate, we'll get embarrassed this season. Defenses will just stack to box.

We'll see. Hopefully Fitz comes out next week and shows some sort of life.

Starting Petty is a guaranteed losing season.  Which makes no sense considering the Jets have just put a ton of money into veteran free agents.  We are not in a rebuild here!

Fitz gives us at least a chance for the playoffs and who knows what can happen then.

Our First team, the only thing that matters, has looked putrid in PS.  We had no pressure on Ryan, and our O was basically shakedown and small running gains..  sorry not good enough.  I know that everything is very vanilla and that it doesn't matter, but its hard to see how moving to more complicated things is going to make us better relatively speaking given that we are in the first year systems.

Clearly we have a qb problem. But we knew that all along. My hope is either fitz or a vastly improved petty takes us to 2-2 and then a vastly improved geno comes back to at least manage the rest of the season nicely ehile our supposed dominant d does the rest

Aaahhhhhhh who the f am I kidding. We suck. Again :( lol

Jets fans are the worst sometimes, can we stop talking about Petty starting. It's a joke. Fitz is the guy, face it. He looked pretty good tonight too. Penalties killed us, I'm sure we'll clean those up. Don't forget Fitz has had limited time with the 1's. 

Clearly we have a qb problem. But we knew that all along. My hope is either fitz or a vastly improved petty takes us to 2-2 and then a vastly improved geno comes back to at least manage the rest of the season nicely ehile our supposed dominant d does the rest

Aaahhhhhhh who the f am I kidding. Wr suck. Again :( lol

Petty is not playing in the first 4 games, what is the matter with you

Jets fans are the worst sometimes, can we stop talking about Petty starting. It's a joke. Fitz is the guy, face it. He looked pretty good tonight too. Penalties killed us, I'm sure we'll clean those up. Don't forget Fitz has had limited time with the 1's.

I can be on board with not starting the rookie. Have been and that's usually what I'll say in most situations. Though I am beginning to waiver a bit based on seeing nothing from Fitz.

However I sure as hell will not say Fitz is "the guy" yet. He's gotta show something first. And I really hope he does next week!

Geno > Fitz. Fitz a good backup.

Based on the turn around by Petty in the span of a week, really have to wonder. Did Petty notice an opportunity given Geno's injury and Fitz's performances? The kid may have seen a little light and is going for it.

Next week will tell a lot.

Agreed. But u have to admit...tonight petty looked better that fitz. We know what fitz is. We dont know what petty could be. Wishful thinking maybe

You also have to take into account Petty was playing against 3rd stringers, and Fitz was playing against starters and some 2nd stringers... No matter how good he looks, he's not ready to start.

Agreed. But u have to admit...tonight petty looked better that fitz. We know what fitz is. We dont know what petty could be. Wishful thinking maybe

He did look good. But he was playing against the back ups backups. Relax, it's still good

Ok what if:

Fitz looks so so against giants. Petty looks even better.

Vs eagkes last ps game. ...petty gets first team reps and is better thsn fitz what does todd do?

Follows the plan and starts Fitz. He's a coach not a fan. He's thinking of the long term with Petty and the team.

He might.

But is that a good decision.

Look if fitz is fitz and petty struggles its a no brainer. But what if petty keeps improving? I still say its genos job to lose.

Hell, Petty is already showing more than Geno.

Archived