Jets \ Falcons: Preseason Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope we went for 2 because it's preseason, doesn't count, and was an excuse to sneak in an extra play on offense.

If he just went for 2 to try to make it a 4 point game instead of a 5 point game because of the safety, halfway through the 2nd quarter, then he needs to take a class or something.

POSITIVE THOUGHTS

Fitzpatrick has been fine. A lot of new pieces on offence, a completely revamped unit so there will be hitches in the pre-season. Important to get it right in time but I think there's some improvement there.

Defence will miss Rex, regardless of what people think. The discipline issues haven't exactly been instantly solved but that would take time anyways. Bowles has serious work to do and I think we're going to see a serious drop off in some of the veterans on defence, Cromartie in particular. Harris is dreadful. Line needs to to more in the pass rush, considering it's billing. Think we'll seriously miss Sheldon in those opening games. 

I really hope we went for 2 because it's preseason, doesn't count, and was an excuse to sneak in an extra play on offense.

If he just went for 2 to try to make it a 4 point game instead of a 5 point game because of the safety, halfway through the 2nd quarter, then he needs to take a class or something.

Nah definitely trying to just go for 2 to try it.  I've seen every team pretty much do it this year so far.

We're not dealing with Rex here so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

POSITIVE THOUGHTS

Fitzpatrick has been fine. A lot of new pieces on offence, a completely revamped unit so there will be hitches in the pre-season. Important to get it right in time but I think there's some improvement there.

Defence will miss Rex, regardless of what people think. The discipline issues haven't exactly been instantly solved but that would take time anyways. Bowles has serious work to do and I think we're going to see a serious drop off in some of the veterans on defence, Cromartie in particular. Harris is dreadful. Line needs to to more in the pass rush, considering it's billing. Think we'll seriously miss Sheldon in those opening games. 

Don't forget Wilkerson isn't out there either.  I think Bowles Defense will be fine but I think the personel is finding it harder to grasp.  1st touchdown of the night we saw Cro trying to get somebodies attention, communication broke down there resulting in late reaction.  I think Bowles Defense just going to take more time to perfect and execute.

Archived