Starters looked like crap again, should we be worried?

Freemanm

I am now worrying. Obviously Ivory looks great, and Brandon Marsh had a nice catch, but the defense looked slow and totally clueless, like they didn't even read the playbook. I thought the secondary was improved in the offseason?

For the second week in a row, Mauldin had a good game and deserves a roster spot. Bryce Petty once again was better than I thought he would be.

Also beginning to agree that Pryor is a bust, even tho I've defended him many times here.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fitz arm is weaker than I imagined.  I'm now officially worried. We also underwhelm at TE.  At OG I hope J. Harrison works out because our depth looks like jags.  No Mo, no Sheldon, so not time to panic.  Still a big question ??? at safety, this isn't the team I thought we were getting.

I haven't been able to catch a preseason game yet but I must say it sucks reading everyone's opinions on what they've been seeing.....very disappointing, especially the defense.....hopefully they turn it up a few notches come September

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

The Falcons 1st string defense was having it's way with our 1st string offense while our 1st string defense was getting shredded by Ryan. Team needs a lot of work, right now this team is not a playoff team or even close. Jets have looked the worst out of all AFC east teams so far.

Fitz arm is weaker than I imagined.  I'm now officially worried. We also underwhelm at TE.  At OG I hope J. Harrison works out because our depth looks like jags.  No Mo, no Sheldon, so not time to panic.  Still a big question ??? at safety, this isn't the team I thought we were getting.

Well yeah no Mo hurts but forget Richardson for the year and Leonard Williams looks like the latest Dewayne "cant nobody stop me" Robertson.

They're going to be able to run the ball and get to the opposing QB, which can win you a bunch of games. What has been disgusting so far is Fitzpatrick's inability to throw the ball 10+ yards, the play of the LBs, and the corners getting picked on so easily.

I am now worrying. Obviously Ivory looks great, and Brandon Marsh had a nice catch, but the defense looked slow and totally clueless, like they didn't even read the playbook. I thought the secondary was improved in the offseason?

For the second week in a row, Mauldin had a good game and deserves a roster spot. Bryce Petty once again was better than I thought he would be.

Also beginning to agree that Pryor is a bust, even tho I've defended him many times here.

This is the game you start believing that? the game he wasn't even playing because he is dealing with the death of someone in his immediate family?

The Falcons 1st string defense was having it's way with our 1st string offense while our 1st string defense was getting shredded by Ryan. Team needs a lot of work, right now this team is not a playoff team or even close. Jets have looked the worst out of all AFC east teams so far.

Did we watch a different game? I saw one big play from Ryan the one where couples missed a pass deflection and it turned into a big gain. Aside from that I think they held Ryan to something like 20 yards and the run game to something like 6...The thing that killed us was the flags (Revis holding flag on Jones turned a field goal into a TD). We were also much improved from the game vs the Lions, yes they still have to work on some things but we also still have 2 pre season games left.

I haven't been able to catch a preseason game yet but I must say it sucks reading everyone's opinions on what they've been seeing.....very disappointing, especially the defense.....hopefully they turn it up a few notches come September

Don't worry it really isn't as bad as they make it seem. People over reacting because we aren't scoring a touchdown every drive or getting turnovers from the opposing team on theirs.

Don't worry it really isn't as bad as they make it seem. People over reacting because we aren't scoring a touchdown every drive or getting turnovers from the opposing team on theirs.

We haven't scored a touchdown vs any first team defense much less every drive.

Thanks.....yeah I actually just saw the highlights....looked like Fitz did well as did Marshall, Williams made a few plays and seemed to be miscommunication on the TD after the Hester return (not for nothing but he's a beast, wish we signed him to return punts and kicks last offseason).

We haven't scored a touchdown vs any first team defense much less every drive.

And our starting QB was our backup a week and a half ago, he also finished yesterday with above an 80 QBR they need to work some things out that is what preseason is for.

i think what we're realizing is that it takes some time for a team to become proficient with a new offense and defense, even with a veteran qb who knows the system and even with guys like revis and cro in the secondary.  they have 3 weeks before the real season starts, and there are some key guys out like amaro and devin smith on offense and mo and yes pryor on defense.  i'm actually encouraged by the offense, it will be nice to have a veteran qb who can go through reads quicker.  

After last night Pryor can't be defended anymore. Pryor was responsible for the 14 points. Great observation

Did we watch a different game? I saw one big play from Ryan the one where couples missed a pass deflection and it turned into a big gain. Aside from that I think they held Ryan to something like 20 yards and the run game to something like 6...The thing that killed us was the flags (Revis holding flag on Jones turned a field goal into a TD). We were also much improved from the game vs the Lions, yes they still have to work on some things but we also still have 2 pre season games left.

You're watching, the others crying aren't watching the same game.

The Falcons had 85 yards in the first half, 84 on the first drive, 1 yard the rest of the half. 62 came on one busted play. Panic time!!!!!!

You're watching, the others crying aren't watching the same game.

The Falcons had 85 yards in the first half, 84 on the first drive, 1 yard the rest of the half. 62 came on one busted play. Panic time!!!!!!

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw that game, I really thought they looked a lot better than they did last week, if they keep improving like this we will have a decent team for the regular season. still some kinks to work out but like I said much improved.

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw that game, I really thought they looked a lot better than they did last week, if they keep improving like this we will have a decent team for the regular season. still some kinks to work out but like I said much improved.

This is preseason. Some just don't get the point of preseason

And let's not forget that the second td was set up by the devin hester punt return. It's not like Atlanta methodically moved the ball down the field with an 80 yard 12 play drive

Yes, we should be very, very worried. Its not the results, but it looks terrible. You can see by playing against mediocre teams just how bad we look.

How do you think we should go about cutting those 85 yards down to something acceptable?

And let's not forget that the second td was set up by the devin hester punt return. It's not like Atlanta methodically moved the ball down the field with an 80 yard 12 play drive

85 yards. The first half. Brings on panic.

Calvin Pryor was  inactive for last nights game due to a death in the family. 

What is this shredded talk?  oNe big play.  Dod the defense defend that punt return?

Archived