Starters looked like crap again, should we be worried?

Freemanm

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, 85 yards against in the first half, 84 on the first drive with 62 on one play.

The sky is falling!

Fitzpatrick the starting QB looked horrible again Bryce Petty sparked the offense Fitzpatrick showed zero emotion and nothing that warrants being a starting QB on the team. 

Id like to see Petty work with the starters next week.

hello enemy poster falcon fan here. I decided to join bc this is an interesting topic and I always view opposing team message boards. As  an opposing fan I would say yall should be worried a great deal. I watched your game last week as well and your team did improve from week1 to week 2 but not nearly enough. Our first team  offense and first team defense was winning in every phase including special teams. some things I want to pt out going into his game roddy white did not play, our pro bowler SS did not play, Our number 1 cornner Desmond Trufant did not play (by the way sherman has rated him a top 5 corner in the league and PFF agrees with sherman), our starting DT was out with a concussion, and finally our rb situation is like the bills, we are missing our top 3 rbs due to injury (we hope to get 2 back for game 3 this week).

Offense

I see some of yall saying what matt ryan did was not impressive, but it really was that throw was perfect to a fb who no one ever heard of before this yr. for the record matt ryan has played in 3 drives so far this pre season and his numbers are 10/11 and over 150 yds and 2 tds not ints with a perfect qbr. Our run game once again is struggling but like I said we are missing our top 3 rbs, on that first drive a rb who did not play last yr I believe scored from 4 yds out. Julio jones is a monster and even the great revis had to hold on for dear life, I thought the refs threw many ticky tacky calls on both teams last night, but in the endzone revis bear hugged jones.

Second drive hester showed why he still got it, your special teams has some work to do. Matt ryan gets the ball into the endzone again and is done for the night. after that we bring in the worst back up in the league in yates, and he stinks the place up, also we change some of the o line and julio jones is no longer playing, after that aHC quinn decide to literally rotate qbs from there on out not a fan of that.

Defense

Our starting group on defense played I think three series and owned your starters, we had our 2nd corner on marshall and he did nothing against him, we got pressure on fitz routinely with only 4 linemen and our middle LB 55 was swatting down passes all night and almost had an int. Fitz did not put together a drive until he went against our 2nd and some 3rd string defense. our starting defense in 2 games has not allowed a pt while our starting offense has put up 21. By the way I agree its only pre season but that is impressive and a good sign.

here is what I saw that was good from the jets

yall do got some solid depth and I really like your back up qb a lot. your first round rookie is impressive although the safety was a blown call by our o line bc we had back ups in who dont get regular playing time together. finally as units your 2nd string and 3rd string guys are better than ours. but when it was 1s vs 1s we outperformed yall in every phase of the game. good luck to yall this yr. I love dan quinn our hc But I really like bowles as well

Ok well if you can draw anything from the first 2 preseason games, the Linebackers are going to kill the team. Coples is not an OLB, he can't cover, rush outside nor does he even look good holding the edge vs the run. He looks big, stiff, slow footed...obviously, once again playing OOP. Harris is a detriment to the team on any play that doesn't include and inside run between the hash marks. He's slow and doesn't seem to have the same instincts as he did when he was younger. Hopefully it's because he's still learning a new D. And Pace is done...stick a fork in him.

Calvin Pryor wasn't even at the game so how can a person say he sucked last night and is a bust. 

Hypotheticals. 

Fans do it all the time.  If Pryor played last night, he would have sucked and, thus, further cement his bust status. :D

I am now worrying. Obviously Ivory looks great, and Brandon Marsh had a nice catch, but the defense looked slow and totally clueless, like they didn't even read the playbook. I thought the secondary was improved in the offseason?

For the second week in a row, Mauldin had a good game and deserves a roster spot. Bryce Petty once again was better than I thought he would be.

Also beginning to agree that Pryor is a bust, even tho I've defended him many times here.

Interesting about prior, considering he didn't ****in play! Wtf is going on around here?

I haven't been able to catch a preseason game yet but I must say it sucks reading everyone's opinions on what they've been seeing.....very disappointing, especially the defense.....hopefully they turn it up a few notches come September

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Don't read posts from fans on these sites.  Overreacting to everything.  The defense or Coples specifically gave up one big play and and ST gave up one big play.  The defense will be fine during the season.  Cro might be the issue on D though. Fitz won't wow anyone, but he was pretty accurate and with Ivory looking great the run game will be the strength.  Williams looks like a real player so with Sheldon gone he should develop nicely.  No need to panic.  Just don't base your opinions on what some of the fans overreact to.

hello enemy poster falcon fan here. I decided to join bc this is an interesting topic and I always view opposing team message boards. As  an opposing fan I would say yall should be worried a great deal. I watched your game last week as well and your team did improve from week1 to week 2 but not nearly enough. Our first team  offense and first team defense was winning in every phase including special teams. some things I want to pt out going into his game roddy white did not play, our pro bowler SS did not play, Our number 1 cornner Desmond Trufant did not play (by the way sherman has rated him a top 5 corner in the league and PFF agrees with sherman), our starting DT was out with a concussion, and finally our rb situation is like the bills, we are missing our top 3 rbs due to injury (we hope to get 2 back for game 3 this week).

Offense

I see some of yall saying what matt ryan did was not impressive, but it really was that throw was perfect to a fb who no one ever heard of before this yr. for the record matt ryan has played in 3 drives so far this pre season and his numbers are 10/11 and over 150 yds and 2 tds not ints with a perfect qbr. Our run game once again is struggling but like I said we are missing our top 3 rbs, on that first drive a rb who did not play last yr I believe scored from 4 yds out. Julio jones is a monster and even the great revis had to hold on for dear life, I thought the refs threw many ticky tacky calls on both teams last night, but in the endzone revis bear hugged jones.

Second drive hester showed why he still got it, your special teams has some work to do. Matt ryan gets the ball into the endzone again and is done for the night. after that we bring in the worst back up in the league in yates, and he stinks the place up, also we change some of the o line and julio jones is no longer playing, after that aHC quinn decide to literally rotate qbs from there on out not a fan of that.

Defense

Our starting group on defense played I think three series and owned your starters, we had our 2nd corner on marshall and he did nothing against him, we got pressure on fitz routinely with only 4 linemen and our middle LB 55 was swatting down passes all night and almost had an int. Fitz did not put together a drive until he went against our 2nd and some 3rd string defense. our starting defense in 2 games has not allowed a pt while our starting offense has put up 21. By the way I agree its only pre season but that is impressive and a good sign.

yall do got some solid depth and I really like your back up qb a lot. your first round rookie is impressive although the safety was a blown call by our o line bc we had back ups in who dont get regular playing time together. finally as units your 2nd string and 3rd string guys are better than ours. but when it was 1s vs 1s we outperformed yall in every phase of the game. good luck to yall this yr. I love dan quinn our hc But I really like bowles as well

We will see what your defense does in a game that matters.  Everyone knows your offense is really good minus the running game.

We will see what your defense does in a game that matters.  Everyone knows your offense is really good minus the running game.

very true but our defense was so bad last yr that coach smith left them in there during pre season against 3rd string offenses to build any confidence so its already nice to see them dominating with only 4. I think we got the best pass rusher in the draft in vic beasly number 44, yall were already double teaming him and he is a rookie. like I said 3 of our starting rbs are out, we were using trash heap guys. our starters are freeman and tevin coleman both should be back next week.

very true but our defense was so bad last yr that coach smith left them in there during pre season against 3rd string offenses to build any confidence so its already nice to see them dominating with only 4. I think we got the best pass rusher in the draft in vic beasly number 44, yall were already double teaming him and he is a rookie. like I said 3 of our starting rbs are out, we were using trash heap guys. our starters are freeman and tevin coleman both should be back next week.

Championship!!

Nothing to worry about, I know we're all anxious but it's preseason, the offense and defense haven't installed their entire playbooks yet and Fitzpatrick has been running with the 1s for less than 2 full weeks. The thing I'm concerned with most is the injury list!! We need these guys to be healthy before September 13th.

hello enemy poster falcon fan here. I decided to join bc this is an interesting topic and I always view opposing team message boards. As an opposing fan I would say yall should be worried a great deal. I watched your game last week as well and your team did improve from week1 to week 2 but not nearly enough. Our first team offense and first team defense was winning in every phase including special teams. some things I want to pt out going into his game roddy white did not play, our pro bowler SS did not play, Our number 1 cornner Desmond Trufant did not play (by the way sherman has rated him a top 5 corner in the league and PFF agrees with sherman), our starting DT was out with a concussion, and finally our rb situation is like the bills, we are missing our top 3 rbs due to injury (we hope to get 2 back for game 3 this week).

Offense

Defense

Welcome to the boards bro ... Hope you continue to pop in throughout the season!

No reasonable jets fan is questioning the ATL 1st string offense

You have n Ryan what we've been searching for ... At least since pre-injury Pennington ... A true young field general who is in command of his O & him team.

On the other side of the ball if you can improve to middle of the pack on D instead of bottom of the league then you'll have a chance to make some noise this year. I did like what I saw of Beasley going into the draft as well.

The Jets are an inverse image of your team ... We want to see the D remain where it has been for years under Rex Ryan and have our O go from bottom of the league to middle of the pack.

Watching last night I have to say I wanted to throw my shoe ... Then a brick through my tv ... Then pisss all over the remains ... However the way the first quarter was going an electric charge probably would have gone up my urine stream and electrocuted me sausage first!

There didn't seem to be one place to put the blame ... Big pass by Ryan here ... Holding call there ... Please cut our blocking TE already, the penalty machine there ... Booming ATL punt here ... Great Hester return there ... Jets D missed tackle over there ... Etc.

Part of that should be credit going to ATL ... Quentin Coples (I believe) was the defender on your FB pass out to the right side flat that turned into the big play ... He was a half of a step slow but seemed to be close to actually jumping the route & at least deflecting the ball ... A less talented QB probably doesn't make that connection. Your punter was money ... Hester showed everybody that he still has it.

Part of it is , as you know , with new HC, OC, & DC there is a learning curve. I'm not sure what Kyle Shanahan has changed on the O ... If anything ... But Ryan has been money. My surprise has been our D looking as shaky as it has so far. I have to remind myself (in addition to the guys not on the field) these are talented players learning a new scheme ... Our HC (as well as yours) have strong defensive pelts on their wall & this should correct itself with time.

My scarier surprise was how outplayed our ST were. Part of that can credit your P & Hester ... Part of that should go to the lack of live 11 on 11 ST practice so far in TC ... Hopefully it is not due to lack of backups talent on the field.

Anyway, welcome again to our board!

Fitzpatrick the starting QB looked horrible again Bryce Petty sparked the offense Fitzpatrick showed zero emotion and nothing that warrants being a starting QB on the team. 

Id like to see Petty work with the starters next week.

Ugh, the emotion part is nonsense we make up. There is nothing that says one had more emotion than another. Funny haw we see what we want to see.

Pettys not going to see time with the starters, Fitz needs the work more than fans need their curiosity filled

Do not start Petty!!!!!! Look at the kid progressing from game to game. He looked awesome!

Do things the right way this time! Lean on the D and run game with Fitzpatrick managing this year. The Jets will ve fine this season doing that.

Start Petty next year if he continues to impress.

From the look of that one play last night, He has no business ever dropping into coverage..if teams suspect he will they'll just audible a play right to him. That was disheartening to see.

Just use him in the D-line rotation. Mauldin is serviceable as a starter.

Williams looks good,,vs the #2's, but hopefully ends up a great pick..

Yeah..he looks pretty damn good..I feel like I'm gonna be pissed at Sheldon each and every game when I see the DLine that IS there kicking ass.

I''m sure I'm gonna say, "imagine what this would be like with Sheldon there?" 5-10x a game! That ass-hat effed up a chance to make this one of the best Dlines the league has ever seen! What a jackass !!!

From the look of that one play last night, He has no business ever dropping into coverage..if teams suspect he will they'll just audible a play right to him. That was disheartening to see.

agree, he isnt a coverage guy,,never was,, mainly a pass rusher only, ,coverage and run stopper arent his strengths, never were.. he is looking to end up a 3rd and long situational pass rusher me thinks.. thank god williams dropped to us.........

Yeah..he looks pretty damn good..I feel like I'm gonna be pissed at Sheldon each and every game when I see the DLine that IS there kicking ass.

I''m sure I'm gonna say, "imagine what this would be like with Sheldon there?" 5-10x a game! That ass-hat effed up a chance to make this one of the best Dlines the league has ever seen! What a jackass !!!

agree 100%,,could have been almost unstoppable

agree, he isnt a coverage guy,,never was,, mainly a pass rusher only, ,coverage and run stopper arent his strengths, never were.. he is looking to end up a 3rd and long situational pass rusher me thinks.. thank god williams dropped to us.........

some picks work some dont..  hopefully we get 3rd and long play at least, if not he is gone via trade this year if cap allows or next year.., I fear we get nothing in future from Milliner when he comes back form 7th surgery,, draft is crapshoot..

williams seems ot have the heart coples never showed.. milliner, just injury prone, feel bad for the kid, but not NFL caliber body it appears

Do not start Petty!!!!!! Look at the kid progressing from game to game. He looked awesome!

Do things the right way this time! Lean on the D and run game with Fitzpatrick managing this year. The Jets will ve fine this season doing that.

Start Petty next year if he continues to impress.

There is no rule for how long to bench a developmental QB. You start him when he gives you the best chance to win. Could take 3 years, could take 3 games... Who knows, but you don't sit him if he's ready just because 'developing '.

Not worried.

Pats fans were calling for Garapollo after last years sh*tty preseason for Brady and the starters.

We'll know what kind of team we really have by the 4th real game.

I'm worried...Brady's suspension appears to be headed towards a reduction, which I wasnt expecting; I thought the CBA was gonna be the binding legal aspect of the case that let Goodells decision stand. The players bargained to give him the power! That Metrosexual is gonna tear the AFCE a new one once he gets back!! I was hoping theyd be 0-4 when he returned..our luck theyll be 1-1. 

Such is life as a NYJ fan.

I really like Coples, but one-dimensional makes him 'meh and a liability because teams know what he's capable of and not capable of. 

Hope he ca surprise and I'm hoping he can get coached up, but he's far from a fluid athlete. He's just a big, powerful mutha-effer. 

Archived