I am going to state the painfully obvious....

BowlesMovement

We made a huge mistake letting our HC Rex Ryan leave. The team looks like complete garbage. They are undisciplined, uninspiring, and both the offense and defense look completely lost. Bowles is in way over his head, Gailey looks like a disaster, and Rex is going to be wildly successful in Buffalo. Why does this always happen to us???????????

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously our defense will be worse, but hopefully our offense won't suffer like under Rex.

I don't like bowles at all, but come on. New system, new QB, new players. We won't know what kind of team we have until week 4 or five.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Obviously our defense will be worse, but hopefully our offense won't suffer like under Rex.

I don't like bowles at all, but come on. New system, new QB, new players. We won't know what kind of team we have until week 4 or five.

Obviously

I like Bowles but I don't think he will last.  I think Mac is in for the long haul.

Liked Rex a lot thought he just got short changed as far a the players he was able to place on the roster. That said it was time for him to move on. Bowles has had a difficult time between Richardson and IK/Geno. To early to say if he can get these players to come together it's only been a couple. Of weeks I will give him some time

When are some Jet fans going to stop lamenting the departure of losing HCs?

Rex Ryan (46-50 with Jets)

Eric Mangini (23-25 with Jets, 33-47 overall)

Herm Edwards (39-41 with Jets, 54-74 overall)

My gut says no.  And,  Rex will be in Buffalo for a long time

Rex's Jets' winning percentage is eerily similar to Mangini's and Herm's Jets winning percentage (.479 vs. .479 and .488).  Rex, like Mangini and Herm before him immediately got a job after the Jets.

Mangini's and Herm's post Jets' winning percentage were equally abysmal (.313 for both).

Hopefully for your sake Rex doesn't continue to follow the same path.

We made a huge mistake letting our HC Rex Ryan leave. The team looks like complete garbage. They are undisciplined, uninspiring, and both the offense and defense look completely lost. Bowles is in way over his head, Gailey looks like a disaster, and Rex is going to be wildly successful in Buffalo. Why does this always happen to us???????????

Your lost. Go away.

Rex's Jets' winning percentage is eerily similar to Mangini's and Herm's Jets winning percentage (.479 vs. .479 and .488).  Rex, like Mangini and Herm before him immediately got a job after the Jets.

Mangini's and Herm's post Jets' record were equally abysmal (.313 for both).

Hopefully for your sake Rex doesn't continue to follow the same path.

Thank you SMC -  I think Buffalo finally has a winning team to include players and coaches.  I am not worried about our defense and our offense will be well taken care of with Greg Roman on board.

I liked Rex, I think he is able to motivate players better than Bowels ever will. The problem with Rex is he becomes friends with his players than refuses to bench them when they don't preform. Bowels might not be able to get the most out of his players as Rex did but Bowels I think will be quick to bench or cut players who don't play well which in turn will make us a better team as our best players will be the starters. I think what he does with Cromartie will be a good indication of if my theory is correct, I can't see Cromartie making the starting roster if he continues to play the way he has been playing this pre season.

Thank you SMC -  I think Buffalo finally has a winning team to include players and coaches.  I am not worried about our defense and our offense will be well taken care of with Greg Roman on board.

I didn't wish ill will on Mangini or Herm when they left, and I won't on Rex.

That said, all three carried HUGE red flags into their next jobs because all three, somehow, believed they were shortchanged by the Jets and that their way was the Gospel truth to football success.

Neither of the 3 conducted any retrospection to determine what worked and what didn't in order to improve on their failings.  As such, Mangini and Herm repeated the same prior mistakes with the Jets and failed miserably.  By Rex assembling the same staff that he had with the Jets for the most part and all his bravado, will he avoid the same fate?

Respectfully I disagree, Roman and Rex are both Run heavy coaches who are now in what should be the hardest division to run the ball. They got McCoy now but honestly Jackson is going to be a better fit for both Rex and Roman as they both seem to like pushing bulky backs through the middle as opposed to letting them find gaps so they can use their vision, I also wouldn't expect to see a ton of passes to McCoy this season. I think Buffalo is going to be a good team as they have a lot of talent but this is going to be one of the toughest divisions to win.

I really thought by the title that you were going to say something about it being the 2nd preseason game, with a new defense, and offense, and that everyone was overreacting.

Obviously I gave you too much credit. What's painfully obvious is that the Falcons were trying to win in the first quarter, while the Jets were trying to evaluate.

The Jets secondary is having their issues with communication, which is concerning, but they're playing vanilla, while Atlanta was not.

RELAX You all know preseason is meaningless. Please try to remember that.

I didn't wish ill will on Mangini or Herm when they left, and I won't on Rex.

That said, all three carried HUGE red flags into their next jobs because all three, somehow, believed they were shortchanged by the Jets and that their way was the Gospel truth to football success.

Neither of the 3 conducted any retrospection to determine what worked and what didn't in order to improve on their failings.  As such, Mangini and Herm repeated the same prior mistakes with the Jets and failed miserably.  By Rex assembling the same staff that he had with the Jets for the most part and all his bravado, will he avoid the same fate?

There's no denying that Rex is a defensive genius (IMO).  Greg Roman is pretty much running the offense.  My only concern is our QB.  However,  I  was really impressed with Tyrod Taylor's performance (thursday night's game) and EJ , who looked good, could have been much better with our first line defense.

Liked Rex a lot thought he just got short changed as far a the players he was able to place on the roster. That said it was time for him to move on. Bowles has had a difficult time between Richardson and IK/Geno. To early to say if he can get these players to come together it's only been a couple. Of weeks I will give him some time

I'm super excited to hear you are gonna give him time!

2 trolls 1 thread?

2 trolls 1 thread?

How is that a troll? Rex only really cared about defense, bowles is going to be more well rounded.

Just because I'm not a fan of bowles doesn't mean I'm not going to give a shot.

Archived