I am going to state the painfully obvious....

BowlesMovement

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What in the world are you even talking about anymore?  Who brought Quinn into this in order to compare the two? I used that point, along with the Rex example, to show that what happened last year doesn't really mean sh*t and that Quinn has the team, specifically the defense you ripped on for being 32nd last year (which it seems like you conveniently edited out of your other post), improving/ed just as Rex did for us in '09.  I did this because you seem to think that whatever happened last year, both good and bad, seems to really matter this year. I didn't ignore the fact that the Jets left their starters in AT ALL.  I said that coaches leave their starters in all the time to send a message that they better wake the f*ck up.  Nevermind the fact that Bowles actually said that the starters would play a quarter and a half well before the game even started because they need to gel with Fitz under center and that he wanted to get other guys extended reps...y'know...since that is EXACTLY what preseason is for.  Whats he supposed to do? FORCE Quinn to play his starters too?  You have absolutely zero clue and are all over the place.  It's actually hilarious.  Sounds to me like you might just wanna be a Bills fan.
I don't give a damn about what the Browns did last year.  I already addressed the fact that they replaced the QB who got them to that point with a guy who was absolutely horrendous in Tampa Bay.  Guess what?  If you "utterly collapse", you aren't a good football team. I'll repeat myself and hope you understand it this time (although I have my doubts); we beat Cleveland if we play them last year.  I'd be willing to throw money on it, and I'm not really a betting man.  Their season was just another 2007 esque anomaly and they are worse this year. 

I'm not even sure I can bring myself to address the Panthers rebuttal you made.  If you are going to give them "props" for beating the Ryan Lindley led Cardinals (thanks to horribly timed injuries), then you are so unbelievably delusional that you aren't worth the keystrokes.  COMPETITIVE against the Seahawks lmao?! Might want to re-watch that game.

Hes clueless, don't waste your time.  He thinks Atlanta took all their starters out because they sat Ryan.  Just like he thinks giving up 85 yards and one TD is getting shredded 

@Mogglez

You still commenting about starters Jet Nut? You'd figure by now that the bullsh*t I called you out on with the Browns starters you'd learn your lesson and not comment about which strings players were in.

And I see your making up lies about me, taking up a page from Jet Nut's book huh Mogglez. My post about Falcons being ranked 32nd is still their, might want to recheck the comments. As for the rest of your comment you were basically blasting Rex for keeping his starters in against the Browns when the Browns starters were still in but yet fellate Bowles for keeping his starters in against the 2nd string. Hell, your still doing it even right now. Your completely justifying Bowles actions but saying that Ryan's is because his team sucks. Never mind the fact that they had a better record than the Jets last year. And telling me my argument is hilarious is quite ironic when your entire argument has been that the Bills, Browns, and Panthers suck when each of those team either had a better record then us or finished in the playoffs. Also, considering that is was 14-10 seahawks until the 4th is what I'd say is competitive.  As for the Quinn point, my point was the Falcons have significantly less talent then the Jets defense but yet when comparing the two the Falcons defense looked significantly better then the Jets defense, highlighting potential concerns with how Bowles is handling this team compared to Quinn.

Ah!!!  someone who gets it.  Thank you from  a Bills fan.

Liked Rex a lot thought he just got short changed as far a the players he was able to place on the roster. That said it was time for him to move on. Bowles has had a difficult time between Richardson and IK/Geno. To early to say if he can get these players to come together it's only been a couple. Of weeks I will give him some time

Your are kidding yourselves if you think Rex wasn't balls deep in personnel decisions.  Whatever rex wanted Tanny got him.  That included Sanchez, who Rex fell in love with watching him throw to high school students on a California HS playing field, and the 7 defensive players drafted in round 1 under Rex's one-sided watch.  Other than his love-child Sanchez, Rex commanded all defensive picks in that 1st round.  He had his say also on the importation of multiple washed up Ravens and keeping Bart Scott around at least a year too long.  The Rex apologists are in a state of abject denial about this and think all the blame goes to the GMs.  But Woody gave Rex a lot more say than they are willing to believe or admit.

Your are kidding yourselves if you think Rex wasn't balls deep in personnel decisions.  Whatever rex wanted Tanny got him.  That included Sanchez, who Rex fell in love with watching him throw to high school students on a California HS playing field, and the 7 defensive players drafted in round 1 under Rex's one-sided watch.  Other than his love-child Sanchez, Rex commanded all defensive picks in that 1st round.  He had his say also on the importation of multiple washed up Ravens and keeping Bart Scott around at least a year too long.  The Rex apologists are in a state of abject denial about this and think all the blame goes to the GMs.  But Woody gave Rex a lot more say than they are willing to believe or admit.

Yeah, especially during the years when Idzik was GM (sarc)

You still commenting about starters Jet Nut? You'd figure by now that the bullsh*t I called you out on with the Browns starters you'd learn your lesson and not comment about which strings players were in.

And I see your making up lies about me, taking up a page from Jet Nut's book huh Mogglez. My post about Falcons being ranked 32nd is still their, might want to recheck the comments. As for the rest of your comment you were basically blasting Rex for keeping his starters in against the Browns when the Browns starters were still in but yet fellate Bowles for keeping his starters in against the 2nd string. Hell, your still doing it even right now. Your completely justifying Bowles actions but saying that Ryan's is because his team sucks. Never mind the fact that they had a better record than the Jets last year. And telling me my argument is hilarious is quite ironic when your entire argument has been that the Bills, Browns, and Panthers suck when each of those team either had a better record then us or finished in the playoffs. Also, considering that is was 14-10 seahawks until the 4th is what I'd say is competitive.  As for the Quinn point, my point was the Falcons have significantly less talent then the Jets defense but yet when comparing the two the Falcons defense looked significantly better then the Jets defense, highlighting potential concerns with how Bowles is handling this team compared to Quinn.

Look, I didn't see it skimming through earlier, but if it is, I honestly don't care.  Whatever.  It's not the point.  Also, it's "there" not "their". Second time you've done that. If you're gonna try and debate, don't use the grammar of a 2nd grader.  I'm going to keep this brief because it's very clear to me you have an extreme reading comprehension issue, you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to football, and that talking to you is like talking to a wall. I didn't defend/justify/blow Bowles for anything. I have already said multiple times that Bowles kept his starters out there because those were his original plans and because they were stinking it up so he wanted to send a message.  Rex had no preset plans as far as know, even after looking around.  He just left his starters out there because they were absolutely horrendous.  I'm really trying to hold a conversation here, but you are making it really hard when you can't seem to grasp even the simplest things.

Once again you show no ability to understand that last year has nothing to with this year.  The Browns weren't a better team than us last year, and  more importantly, they aren't better than us this year.  The Bills fired the Head Coach that made them better than us last year, and replaced him with a guy who has zero idea how to run an offense and develop a QB (their biggest issue) and is fresh off coaching us to our worst season since 2007.  Their QB situation is worse than ours (and that is saying something) and our D-Line might actually murder whoever lines up behind their patchwork OL.  The Panthers-Seahawks game?  Anyone with half a brain and two eyes knew the Panthers weren't pulling it off.  The Seahawks dominated that game.  Yeah, it was a deceptive 14-10 score going into the 4th but once the quarter got underway the Seahawks blew their f*cking doors off.  Again, I love how you try and select which points you address and which ones to ignore in order to keep your argument alive.  You conveniently skim over the fact that I mentioned that the Panthers only got to where they were because they played in the sh*ttiest division in football, and lucked out in the playoffs when Palmer and Stanton both got hurt.  They got to play the WORST Quarterback to ever start a playoff game and STILL barely won the game thanks to Bowles and his defense. 

You don't have any point with Quinn.  You just threw a random statement out there.  Seriously came completely out of left field.  I haven't seen one mention of Dan Quinn from me.  I wasn't comparing how him and Bowles have run their teams.  Hell, I haven't even suggest that we picked the wrong guy.  I wasn't comparing the two teams talent.  You just went ahead and did that all on your own.  I have no idea why you seem to (still) think it's relevant.  I like Quinn, never said anything about him.  I hate Rex.  He's a sh*tty head coach and I could not be happier that him and his 1950's brand of football is gone. 

Yeah, especially during the years when Idzik was GM (sarc)

If you think Idzik didn't defer to Rex on the Pryor pick, then there is a bridge in Brooklyn that would be a perfect purchase for a Buffalo gal like you.  Great price too!

Look, I didn't see it skimming through earlier, but if it is, I honestly don't care.  Whatever.  It's not the point.  Also, it's "there" not "their". Second time you've done that. If you're gonna try and debate, don't use the grammar of a 2nd grader.  I'm going to keep this brief because it's very clear to me you have an extreme reading comprehension issue, you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to football, and that talking to you is like talking to a wall. I didn't defend/justify/blow Bowles for anything. I have already said multiple times that Bowles kept his starters out there because those were his original plans and because they were stinking it up so he wanted to send a message.  Rex had no preset plans as far as know, even after looking around.  He just left his starters out there because they were absolutely horrendous.  I'm really trying to hold a conversation here, but you are making it really hard when you can't seem to grasp even the simplest things.
Once again you show no ability to understand that last year has nothing to with this year.  The Browns weren't a better team than us last year, and  more importantly, they aren't better than us this year.  The Bills fired the Head Coach that made them better than us last year, and replaced him with a guy who has zero idea how to run an offense and develop a QB (their biggest issue) and is fresh off coaching us to our worst season since 2007.  Their QB situation is worse than ours (and that is saying something) and our D-Line might actually murder whoever lines up behind their patchwork OL.  The Panthers-Seahawks game?  Anyone with half a brain and two eyes knew the Panthers weren't pulling it off.  The Seahawks dominated that game.  Yeah, it was a deceptive 14-10 score going into the 4th but once the quarter got underway the Seahawks blew their f*cking doors off.  Again, I love how you try and select which points you address and which ones to ignore in order to keep your argument alive.  You conveniently skim over the fact that I mentioned that the Panthers only got to where they were because they played in the sh*ttiest division in football, and lucked out in the playoffs when Palmer and Stanton both got hurt.  They got to play the WORST Quarterback to ever start a playoff game and STILL barely won the game thanks to Bowles and his defense. 

You don't have any point with Quinn.  You just threw a random statement out there.  Seriously came completely out of left field.  I haven't seen one mention of Dan Quinn from me.  I wasn't comparing how him and Bowles have run their teams.  Hell, I haven't even suggest that we picked the wrong guy.  I wasn't comparing the two teams talent.  You just went ahead and did that all on your own.  I have no idea why you seem to (still) think it's relevant.  I like Quinn, never said anything about him.  I hate Rex.  He's a sh*tty head coach and I could not be happier that him and his 1950's brand of football is gone. 

Alright I'm getting pretty sick of these pissing contest comments. Fine then, you want to turn it into an intelligence debate and start questioning intelligence let's get it started. I'm an engineering student, wtf do you do that makes you think you are smarter then me? Now onto the rest of your comment since you lack reading comprehension. We are having a debate about which team is better, I threw out the Falcons example to point out how the Jets despite all their talent look like crap on defense. I further illustrated a point on how the team looks grossly under prepared compared to a team like the Falcons who were ranked 32nd on defense. You don't think that matters fine then, I do. You can argue about the team you want all you want, all those teams had a better record then us or finished in the playoffs that you called terrible. You say not to base it on last year, fine then let's base it on what we saw in preseason. Our first string offense consistently went three out and out against the Falcons defense. Our first string defense has generally looked lost, slow, and has committed many penalties showing that they are very under prepared and nowhere near a level to be competitive in this league. Compare that to the Bills defense which looked swarming and looks like it could be the best defense in the league. As for the Rex comment, you bashed both the Browns and Bills saying that both coaches players suck and it wasn't planned, meanwhile absolving Bowles of criticism and chalking it up to his plan, further ignoring the fact that both Pettine and Rex kept the starters out for the same length suggesting that possibly they had come to this conclusion together. Despite the fact that the Browns, Bills, and Panthers looked far more prepared then our team, you suggest that they suck and the Bills playing hard against them means nothing. Also, you frequently jump around in your arguments to, you constantly put down the other teams and suggest to ignore the past, but then in the same breath point out how the panthers played in a crappy division last year despite this being an anomaly. The NFC south has generally been an extremely competitive division, with teams like the Saints and Falcons going far into the playoffs.

Rex was involved greatly but he also had restrictions. How else do you explain the lack of quality replacements for the O-linemen and Wide Recievers lost during his tenure. Rex was set up to fail the last 2 seasons and the GM had a lot to do with it.

If you think Idzik didn't defer to Rex on the Pryor pick, then there is a bridge in Brooklyn that would be a perfect purchase for a Buffalo gal like you.  Great price too!

How about the other 11 drafts Idzik made?  I think 6 are gone already

Rex was involved greatly but he also had restrictions. How else do you explain the lack of quality replacements for the O-linemen and Wide Recievers lost during his tenure. Rex was set up to fail the last 2 seasons and the GM had a lot to do with it.

You're are absolutely right but most won't put the blame where it belongs.

Alright I'm getting pretty sick of these pissing contest comments. Fine then, you want to turn it into an intelligence debate and start questioning intelligence let's get it started. I'm an engineering student, wtf do you do that makes you think you are smarter then me? Now onto the rest of your comment since you lack reading comprehension. We are having a debate about which team is better, I threw out the Falcons example to point out how the Jets despite all their talent look like crap on defense. I further illustrated a point on how the team looks grossly under prepared compared to a team like the Falcons who were ranked 32nd on defense. You don't think that matters fine then, I do. You can argue about the team you want all you want, all those teams had a better record then us or finished in the playoffs that you called terrible. You say not to base it on last year, fine then let's base it on what we saw in preseason. Our first string offense consistently went three out and out against the Falcons defense. Our first string defense has generally looked lost, slow, and has committed many penalties showing that they are very under prepared and nowhere near a level to be competitive in this league. Compare that to the Bills defense which looked swarming and looks like it could be the best defense in the league. As for the Rex comment, you bashed both the Browns and Bills saying that both coaches players suck and it wasn't planned, meanwhile absolving Bowles of criticism and chalking it up to his plan, further ignoring the fact that both Pettine and Rex kept the starters out for the same length suggesting that possibly they had come to this conclusion together. Despite the fact that the Browns, Bills, and Panthers looked far more prepared then our team, you suggest that they suck and the Bills playing hard against them means nothing. Also, you frequently jump around in your arguments to, you constantly put down the other teams and suggest to ignore the past, but then in the same breath point out how the panthers played in a crappy division last year despite this being an anomaly. The NFC south has generally been an extremely competitive division, with teams like the Saints and Falcons going far into the playoffs.

Pre-Med student currently working in a top NJ hospital so you can f*ck right off with your "I'm a _______ so I'm smarter than you" mentality.  Especially when you write like you need a Basic English refresher course.  You are also the only one having issues comprehending anything here.

Once again you addressed absolutely nothing other than what you wanted to address.  I'm done answering you after this so don't bother replying.  You're obviously too dense to understand something when it written out for you multiple times.  First off our core argument is about whether or not the Jets are better than the Bills with Rex.  The way you just worded it sounds like you want to treat that part as an afterthought  IDGAF about the Falcons and even if I did your Falcons example makes absolute zero sense because you are attempting to use STATZ and NUMBERZ from LAST. SEASON. It isn't 2014. It's 2015.  They have multiple players back from injury, new faces, new scheme, new coaches, etc.  Bringing it up doesn't matter, no matter how much you want it too. You can sit there with your hands over your ears screaming "I THINK IT MATTERS" all you want.  It doesn't.  It's completely irrelevant.  

I've already addressed the offense & defensive issues.  Injuries play a significant factor, as does the fact that it's preseason where everyone is playing very vanilla and there is no game-planning.  I've also said to you multiple times that yeah, they don't look great right now and I'm NOT ABSOLVING BOWLES OF ANYTHING. LAST time I'm gonna say it.  However, I'm not kicking and screaming like a little child that we're the worst team in the division.  Especially when the Bills have played and struggled against two teams that, and I want you to read this very...very...slowly, NO ONE THINKS ARE GOOD.  Not to mention that in the eyes of most, they aren't better than the two teams we've played.  I mean hell, I could tell you until I'm blue in the face that I love the Jaguars and think they're really going places.  It doesn't make it true.  That's how you sound when you defend the likes of the Cleveland f*cking Browns.  Putting up 3 points (11 Total) and playing close against the Browns isn't impressive, it's incompetence.  No matter the circumstances.  There is Vanilla pre-season play, and there is playing like garbage.  Having your defense "swarm" Johnny Manziel and Josh McCown isn't hard either.

Last but certainly not least, the NFC South has been laughably bad for the last five years.  Last year they were easily the worst division in football. 2 years ago it was the Panthers and the Saints and that was it. Neither team made significant noise. 3 years ago the Falcons ran away with it with absolutely zero competition. and in 2011 & 2010 both the Saints and Falcons made it and choked to the underdog by a significant amount. I shouldn't even had addressed this seeing as you will somehow spin into ME being the one that can't stop dwelling on the past but oh well.  You want to know why I can't? It's because despite being told how irrelevant the past is, you haven't shut up about it.  I'm officially done responding to you.  It's a waste of time.  Don't respond to this.

Pre-Med student currently working in a top NJ hospital so you can f*ck right off with your "I'm a _______ so I'm smarter than you" mentality.  Especially when you write like you need a Basic English refresher course.  You are also the only one having issues comprehending anything here.
Once again you addressed absolutely nothing other than what you wanted to address.  I'm done answering you after this so don't bother replying.  You're obviously too dense to understand something when it written out for you multiple times.  First off our core argument is about whether or not the Jets are better than the Bills with Rex.  The way you just worded it sounds like you want to treat that part as an afterthought  IDGAF about the Falcons and even if I did your Falcons example makes absolute zero sense because you are attempting to use STATZ and NUMBERZ from LAST. SEASON. It isn't 2014. It's 2015.  They have multiple players back from injury, new faces, new scheme, new coaches, etc.  Bringing it up doesn't matter, no matter how much you want it too. You can sit there with your hands over your ears screaming "I THINK IT MATTERS" all you want.  It doesn't.  It's completely irrelevant.  

I've already addressed the offense & defensive issues.  Injuries play a significant factor, as does the fact that it's preseason where everyone is playing very vanilla and there is no game-planning.  I've also said to you multiple times that yeah, they don't look great right now and I'm NOT ABSOLVING BOWLES OF ANYTHING. LAST time I'm gonna say it.  However, I'm not kicking and screaming like a little child that we're the worst team in the division.  Especially when the Bills have played and struggled against two teams that, and I want you to read this very...very...slowly, NO ONE THINKS ARE GOOD.  Not to mention that in the eyes of most, they aren't better than the two teams we've played.  I mean hell, I could tell you until I'm blue in the face that I love the Jaguars and think they're really going places.  It doesn't make it true.  That's how you sound when you defend the likes of the Cleveland f*cking Browns.  Putting up 3 points (11 Total) and playing close against the Browns isn't impressive, it's incompetence.  No matter the circumstances.  There is Vanilla pre-season play, and there is playing like garbage.  Having your defense "swarm" Johnny Manziel and Josh McCown isn't hard either.

Last but certainly not least, the NFC South has been laughably bad for the last five years.  Last year they were easily the worst division in football. 2 years ago it was the Panthers and the Saints and that was it. Neither team made significant noise. 3 years ago the Falcons ran away with it with absolutely zero competition. and in 2011 & 2010 both the Saints and Falcons made it and choked to the underdog by a significant amount. I shouldn't even had addressed this seeing as you will somehow spin into ME being the one that can't stop dwelling on the past but oh well.  You want to know why I can't? It's because despite being told how irrelevant the past is, you haven't shut up about it.  I'm officially done responding to you.  It's a waste of time.  Don't respond to this.

Oh great a freaking pre med student. Word to the wise, you can vouch about how last year doesn't matter, but every god damn analyst uses past seasons to predict whether or not a team will suck this year. You can bitch about how it doesn't matter all you want, fact of the matter is, it does matter when making predictions, and that's what we're doing making predictions. Bitch all you want, the Jets finished last in lasts years season in the division. And your totally right about the NFC South being bad, the Falcons making it to the NFC championship was so very bad. Also, like how you ignored Cam newton when it came to the swarming defense part. And actually you do absolve Bowles of everything, you immediately say that basically both the Browns and Bills suck and put Rex and Pettine on blast for them not putting up points, but you then immediately say that Bowles team sucking doesn't mean anything and you don't put any stock into it. Funny how that works right? Also, never said the Browns were a good team, I said their a better team then the Jets are, which based off preseason and last years season, they are.

We made a huge mistake letting our HC Rex Ryan leave. The team looks like complete garbage. They are undisciplined, uninspiring, and both the offense and defense look completely lost. Bowles is in way over his head, Gailey looks like a disaster, and Rex is going to be wildly successful in Buffalo. Why does this always happen to us???????????

The only thing more painful is actually reading this post.  After 2 meaningless preseason games you come to this conclusion???   Seriously dude....  smdh

stupid-quotes-4.jpg

Which ******* bridge?  I'm pretty sure that Rex doesn't like rookie safeties and was begging for corners.  Maybe he deferred for Pryor vs. Ha-ha, but if you think those drafts went the way they would have if Rex were picking you're nuts.

I really like this guy. Lol he may win JN's prestigious best new poster award®©™ reminds me of war ensemble. Joins the site in 2008 at age 15 lol

I really like this guy. Lol he may win JN's prestigious best new poster award®©™ reminds me of war ensemble. Joins the site in 2008 at age 15 lol

D'aw shucks lol. Thanks man. I've been posting on multiple boards since I was young. Owe it to my father. He raised me with football and he did it well lol.

Archived