I am going to state the painfully obvious....

BowlesMovement

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They consistently drove it down without thier 5 starting rbs and without their 6 starting wrs. Browns also have a good defense, do you guys watch football? The Browns also had a better record than us last year, so we should be one of the last teams in the NFL to be talking sh*t on other teams. Defense also picked off McCown twice and they were playing hard against the Panthers. Once again, Jets have looked like the worst AFC east team so far in the preseason, it's not even debatable.

Also, it's preseason, the most important thing is to watch how the starters do vs the other starters. Our starters have looked like horsesh*t. The fact that we kept our first team in to beat on the Falcons 2nd string is all I need to know about this team. The team quite frankly sucks. We made the Falcons first string defense look like the ******* Seahawks out their with our offense constantly punting. Hell, if my memory serves me my right I believe their 2nd string defense even forced the first string Jets offense to punt once.

Lmfao at this whole post.  We could have, and probably would have, beaten the Browns last year.  That hot start they had was such a farce that it's utterly laughable to call them a better team.  Nevermind the fact that their team has downgraded at QB this year so whatever happened last year doesn't mean anything because the guy who did that for them is in Houston.  I find it hilarious that you act as if picking off Josh McCown is something to be proud of. The Panthers? Outside of Kelvin Benjamin, that team has NOTHING at WR.  Shutting them down isn't exactly difficult.  If Rex's "vaunted" defense couldn't do that, I'd be extremely worried as a fan.

You want to mention and focus what the starters for both teams did?  They combined for 6 points at the end of the half. 6. The Buffalo Bills offense could only muster 3 points against the Cleveland Browns in an entire half of preseason football....AND that was with picking off Josh McCown two times.  Also, if you bother to check the game summary, you'd actually realize that they only scored 3 points because Rex left his starting offense well into the second quarter...so what does that tell you about their team? You know, since you wanted to harp on Bowles doing that.  That is a far cry from "consistently drove it down".  I watched that game in it's entirety and the only thing I could say is whatever you saw was not the same game I watched.

So yeah, they're better than us?  Sure lol.  Again, I didn't call us world beaters, but I'm not worried about Tyrod f*cking Taylor and the Buffalo Bills.  I also find it could of hilarious that throughout this thread that you (AND others) have continued to harp on the injuries to Buffalo's starters, but conveniently ignore the fact that our starting Quarterback for all of training camp is injured therefore limiting and completely changing the offense on short notice, our star DE is out with a hammy injury, we have a versatile TE out with a shoulder injury, and the other star DE is not being played with the starters because he is being disciplined.  Maybe you should become a Bills fan if you love them this much?

Don't hold your breath  :D

We wont judge, promise...

Totally agree with Rexo.  We're a very enlightened bunch when it comes to fair play, decorum, and respecting/appreciating the feminine form.  

I'll even download a special filter which only allows a select few for the viewing and block it from ever showing up on the internet.  

The Mistake the Jets made was not firing Rex Ryan after the incident with Santana Holmes in Miami. 2  yrs and 2 OCs later, the mistake was finally corrected.   Think about this. Had we fired Rex  back then, we might not now be stuck  with Pryor and Amaro and we might never had heard of Idzik.

Lmfao at this whole post.  We could have, and probably would have, beaten the Browns last year.  That hot start they had was such a farce that it's utterly laughable to call them a better team.  Nevermind the fact that their team has downgraded at QB this year so whatever happened last year doesn't mean anything because the guy who did that for them is in Houston.  I find it hilarious that you act as if picking off Josh McCown is something to be proud of. The Panthers? Outside of Kelvin Benjamin, that team has NOTHING at WR.  Shutting them down isn't exactly difficult.  If Rex's "vaunted" defense couldn't do that, I'd be extremely worried as a fan.
You want to mention and focus what the starters for both teams did?  They combined for 6 points at the end of the half. 6. The Buffalo Bills offense could only muster 3 points against the Cleveland Browns in an entire half of preseason football....AND that was with picking off Josh McCown two times.  Also, if you bother to check the game summary, you'd actually realize that they only scored 3 points because Rex left his starting offense well into the second quarter...so what does that tell you about their team? You know, since you wanted to harp on Bowles doing that.  That is a far cry from "consistently drove it down".  I watched that game in it's entirety and the only thing I could say is whatever you saw was not the same game I watched.

So yeah, they're better than us?  Sure lol.  Again, I didn't call us world beaters, but I'm not worried about Tyrod f*cking Taylor and the Buffalo Bills.  I also find it could of hilarious that throughout this thread that you (AND others) have continued to harp on the injuries to Buffalo's starters, but conveniently ignore the fact that our starting Quarterback for all of training camp is injured therefore limiting and completely changing the offense on short notice, our star DE is out with a hammy injury, we have a versatile TE out with a shoulder injury, and the other star DE is not being played with the starters because he is being disciplined.  Maybe you should become a Bills fan if you love them this much?

Oh man, were to begin on this post. First off, I take it you didn't watch the game since your commenting on Rex leaving the starters in, Browns had the starters in to on defense, so that's a pretty dumb point. I'd guess you'd be more impressed if Rex left the starters in to beat on the 2nd string like Bowles did. 2nd, that Taylor guy is basically starting for the first time in his life so considering he drove it down the field it's impressive, much more impressive then the Jets current offense which is predicated on punting. Third you mention injuries, Bills also had Kyle Williams out of that game so it's not like they were fielding all their defensive talent. Also, Geno Smith sucks and is addition by a positive in being out. He's a freaking poor man's Jason Campbell. Also, TE's stop acting like we have capable starters at this position, it's a position of major need that most likely get's addressed in 2016 draft.

Oh man, were to begin on this post. First off, I take it you didn't watch the game since your commenting on Rex leaving the starters in, Browns had the starters in to on defense, so that's a pretty dumb point. I'd guess you'd be more impressed if Rex left the starters in to beat on the 2nd string like Bowles did. 2nd, that Taylor guy is basically starting for the first time in his life so considering he drove it down the field it's impressive, much more impressive then the Jets current offense which is predicated on punting. Third you mention injuries, Bills also had Kyle Williams out of that game so it's not like they were fielding all their defensive talent. Also, Geno Smith sucks and is addition by a positive in being out. He's a freaking poor man's Jason Campbell. 

Rex left his starters in against backups and still the Bills couldnt score.  All your blabber about Taylor, the offense etc and the Bills put up 3 points until the last seconds of the game when their former starter scored a meaningless TD against 4th stringers.  You're talking up Taylor who passed for 60 yards.  I don't have a clue what game you watched, but Mogglez has it down, you as per usual don't know what youre talking about.  

Rex left his starters in against backups and still the Bills couldnt score.  All your blabber about Taylor, the offense etc and the Bills put up 3 points until the last seconds of the game when their former starter scored a meaningless TD against 4th stringers.  You're talking up Taylor who passed for 60 yards.  I don't have a clue what game you watched, but Mogglez has it down, you as per usual don't know what youre talking about.  

Where exactly is this stated? Bills and Browns both had their first string offense out their for like the entire half I believe. Bills also had their first string defense out their and Shelton was in their for the entire half to. 

Where exactly is this stated? Bills and Browns both had their first string offense out their for like the entire half I believe. Bills also had their first string defense out their and Shelton was in their for the entire half to. 

I watched the game.  You toss around who played and who didnt in games to suit your argument.  

All of that from 2 preseason games, one of which the Jets  won.

OK

Team went 6-10 last year and is implementing a new system. Made the Falcons defensive starters look like all stars out their, you know the same defense ranked 32nd in the NFL last year in total yards.

I watched the game.  You toss around who played and who didnt in games to suit your argument.  

Actually GFY, you didn't watch the game and lied about it.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-vs-Bills-Paul-Kruger-provides-the-high-points-for-Clevelands-defense/2b40ea9e-6306-4af4-847a-a1dcd61bf9bf

So once again GFY. Done talking to you about teams, you lied about the starters and you constantly lie in your arguments. GFY.

So you have no evidence to back this up. Sweet.

I have eveidence that the Bills scored 3 points up until the final seconds of the game.  So if you're going to continue to talk about how much better their offense played than the Jets I also have evidence that youre clueless

Actually GFY, you didn't watch the game and lied about it.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-vs-Bills-Paul-Kruger-provides-the-high-points-for-Clevelands-defense/2b40ea9e-6306-4af4-847a-a1dcd61bf9bf

So once again GFY. Done talking to you about teams, you lied about the starters and you constantly lie in your arguments. GFY.

Another GFY.

Twice.  Stop talking, youre an idiot.

Tells me Bills starters played against Browns 2nd string. Is wrong, proceeds to call me an idiot. Is this seriously all your good at, throwing around insults cause your to incompetent at forming a coherent argument?

Tell me that because they played against starters into the second and played against total scrubs the rest of the way how impressive Taylors 60 yards passing and the Bills 3 points were again.

Now do what you said when you told me to GFY, and end it   

Tell me that because they played against starters into the second and played against total scrubs the rest of the way how impressive Taylors 60 yards passing and the Bills 3 points were again.

Maybe he really meant Good For You??:D

Taylor was out the 2nd half with the rest of the starters, Ej Manuel started after that. So mind telling me what this point about scrubs has to do with anything seeing as how Taylor only played against their starting defense? Once again, you didn't watch the game did you?

Oh man, were to begin on this post. First off, I take it you didn't watch the game since your commenting on Rex leaving the starters in, Browns had the starters in to on defense, so that's a pretty dumb point. I'd guess you'd be more impressed if Rex left the starters in to beat on the 2nd string like Bowles did. 2nd, that Taylor guy is basically starting for the first time in his life so considering he drove it down the field it's impressive, much more impressive then the Jets current offense which is predicated on punting. Third you mention injuries, Bills also had Kyle Williams out of that game so it's not like they were fielding all their defensive talent. Also, Geno Smith sucks and is addition by a positive in being out. He's a freaking poor man's Jason Campbell. Also, TE's stop acting like we have capable starters at this position, it's a position of major need that most likely get's addressed in 2016 draft.

Rex left the starters in thats not a f*cking debate, so yeah I watched the game. They both left their starters in because their starters f*cking blow. That happens every year in preseason. Coaches leave their starters in because they're sucking it up on the field and they're trying to wake them up and make them realize that the season is right around the corner and it's time to wake up. 

I also love how you conveniently ignored almost half the points I made ripping your argument to shreds like how the Browns are this super duper awesome team that Rex Ryan's mighty Bills stood toe to toe withwith and that the Carolina Panthers aren't some juggernaut that shouldn't be messed with.  Do you even realize the only reason that team made the playoffs last year is because they're division was equal to a flaming bag of dogsh*t? This year they look even WORSE.  But hey, can't let your argument fall to shreds can you?

Tyrod Taylor isn't a rookie.  I'm not supposed to be impressed that he came out for his first start and managed to FINALLY drive their lackluster offense down for three measly points after almost a half of football against one of the most pathetic franchises in sports.  He sucks.  The fact that he impressed you says more about your ability to watch and judge talent than it does anything else.  Hate Geno all you want, he was better than Fitzpatrick all summer. That's not an opinion. It's a fact. Regardless, any of our three QBs are better than the failed abortions Rex has gathered in Buffalo.  I'll say it again, if you love them so much why don't you go out and get Jim Kelly jersey and start screaming "One Buffalo" from a mountin while rooting on your "bully" team lead by the circus ringleader that is Rex f*cking Ryan?

You talk about the Falcons and what they're defense did last year, yet can't seem to remember that we went from being a absolutely terrible "soft" defense in '08 to number 1 in '09 with Fatboy and some new players.  It's like upgrading and improving is some foreign concept to you. 

Rex left the starters in thats not a f*cking debate, so yeah I watched the game. They both left their starters in because their starters f*cking blow. That happens every year in preseason. Coaches leave their starters in because they're sucking it up on the field and they're trying to wake them up and make them realize that the season is right around the corner and it's time to wake up. 

I also love how you conveniently ignored almost half the points I made ripping your argument to shreds like how the Browns are this super duper awesome team that Rex Ryan's mighty Bills stood toe to toe withwith and that the Carolina Panthers aren't some juggernaut that shouldn't be messed with.  Do you even realize the only reason that team made the playoffs last year is because they're division was equal to a flaming bag of dogsh*t?  But hey, can't let your argument fall to shreds can you? Tyrod Taylor isn't a rookie.  I'm not supposed to be impressed that he came out for his first start and managed to FINALLY drive their lackluster offense down for three measly points after almost a half of football against one of the most pathetic franchises in sports.  He sucks.  The fact that he impressed you says more about your ability to watch and judge talent than it does anything else.  Hate Geno all you want, he was better than Fitzpatrick all summer. That's not an opinion. It's a fact. Regardless, any of our three QBs are better than the failed abortions Rex has gathered in Buffalo.  I'll say it again, if you love them so much why don't you go out and get Jim Kelly jersey and start screaming "One Buffalo" from a mountin while rooting on your "bully" team lead by the circus ringleader that is Rex f*cking Ryan?

You seem mad, might want to settle down their buddy. Anyways, Browns had a better record then us last year, so until the season starts calling them a sh*tty team when they did better then the Jets is straight ridiculous. Browns were also in the running for the playoffs last year until they utterly collapsed, I believe they even lead their division at one point in time, this is also the division that had three teams make it into the playoffs if you forgot. As for the Panthers, they made the playoffs and defeated the Cardinals. They had a bad record, but came playoff time they were much improved and played a competitive game against the Seahawks till the 4th quarter.

Also, how can your Falcons point being taken as a positive? If so, then that means Quinn did a much better job with the defense then Bowles has done with ours. Our defense looks like crap out their but the Falcons defense looks like all stars? How is this not alarming with all the talent the Jets d is supposed to have?

Also, you comment on the Bills and Browns leaving their starters in against each other but specifically ignore the Jets keeping in their starters against the Falcons 2nd string? The Falcons 2nd string. Sounds to me like your worried about the Bills and are projecting in an effort to convince yourself that they are not a good team.

Taylor was out the 2nd half with the rest of the starters, Ej Manuel started after that. So mind telling me what this point about scrubs has to do with anything seeing as how Taylor only played against their starting defense? Once again, you didn't watch the game did you?

Who said he played past the 1st half?

LOL, you're making excuses for Taylor because he played against some starters in his game?  Whats he going to do opening day?  

You seem mad, might want to settle down their buddy. Anyways, Browns had a better record then us last year, so until the season starts calling them a sh*tty team when they did better then the Jets is straight ridiculous. Browns were also in the running for the playoffs last year until they utterly collapsed, I believe they even lead their division at one point in time, this is also the division that had three teams make it into the playoffs if you forgot. As for the Panthers, they made the playoffs and defeated the Cardinals. They had a bad record, but came playoff time they were much improved and played a competitive game against the Seahawks till the 4th quarter.

Also, how can your Falcons point being taken as a positive? If so, then that means Quinn did a much better job with the defense then Bowles has done with ours. Our defense looks like crap out their.

What in the world are you even talking about anymore?  Who brought Quinn into this in order to compare the two? I used that point, along with the Rex example, to show that what happened last year doesn't really mean sh*t and that Quinn has the team, specifically the defense you ripped on for being 32nd last year (which it seems like you conveniently edited out of your other post), improving/ed just as Rex did for us in '09.  I did this because you seem to think that whatever happened last year, both good and bad, seems to really matter this year. I didn't ignore the fact that the Jets left their starters in AT ALL.  I said that coaches leave their starters in all the time to send a message that they better wake the f*ck up.  Nevermind the fact that Bowles actually said that the starters would play a quarter and a half well before the game even started because they need to gel with Fitz under center and that he wanted to get other guys extended reps...y'know...since that is EXACTLY what preseason is for.  Whats he supposed to do? FORCE Quinn to play his starters too?  You have absolutely zero clue and are all over the place.  It's actually hilarious.  Sounds to me like you might just wanna be a Bills fan.

I don't give a damn about what the Browns did last year.  I already addressed the fact that they replaced the QB who got them to that point with a guy who was absolutely horrendous in Tampa Bay.  Guess what?  If you "utterly collapse", you aren't a good football team. I'll repeat myself and hope you understand it this time (although I have my doubts); we beat Cleveland if we play them last year.  I'd be willing to throw money on it, and I'm not really a betting man.  Their season was just another 2007 esque anomaly and they are worse this year. 

I'm not even sure I can bring myself to address the Panthers rebuttal you made.  If you are going to give them "props" for beating the Ryan Lindley led Cardinals (thanks to horribly timed injuries), then you are so unbelievably delusional that you aren't worth the keystrokes.  COMPETITIVE against the Seahawks lmao?! Might want to re-watch that game.

Hes clueless, don't waste your time.  He thinks Atlanta took all their starters out because they sat Ryan.  Just like he thinks giving up 85 yards and one TD is getting shredded 

@Mogglez

They were one bullsh*t hold on Revis away from holding them to three points on the first drive and on the second scoring drive special teams put them in a sh*t position.  Not to mention the refs missed a blatant pick block on Cro that allowed the Hankerson TD.  No idea what he even wants to argue anymore. Either way, with the talent we have, I'm not going to get upset and turn on our new head coach two games into the preseason where it's as vanilla as can be and there is ZERO game-planning.  I'm also sure as sh*t not pining for the days of Rex Ryan again nor am I going to get down on my knees for him and everyone on his new team.

They were one bullsh*t hold on Revis away from holding them to three points on the first drive and the second scoring drive special teams put them in a sh*t position.  Not to mention the refs missed a blatant pick block on Cro that allowed the Hankerson TD.  No idea what he even wants to argue anymore.

He doesn't know what he's arguing, how can we know

Archived