Roster changes you would like to see for preseason game 3

bealeb319

From what I've seen so far, I don't care about Preseason but I'd like to see Mauldin starting in place of Pace before the season starts.

I really think he's going to be a player. But from what I saw last night he's not ready.  He's very quick but I think he had a very tough time last night maintaining the edge on running plays.  Good offenses would just keep running at him.  Pace is definitely slower and isn't going to make alot of big plays anymore but he's more steady

I provided you with a link to his pre season statistics 0 TDs  

FItz's last drive yesterday with the #1 offense was a touchdown drive and he indeed completed a 2 point conversion. 

We can do this all day, your call. 

No response to Petty's fumble and should be interception to a guy he didn't even see? Or FItz's stats last year that a Jet Qb hasn't put up in forever?

Bryce Petty would be a disaster if the Jets even thought of starting him in the next two years. He has a long long long way to go before you can think of him honestly starting him.( has to learn so much - so far behind where an NFL Qb needs to be). The Jet coaching staff are under no illusions that isn't the case.

Yes he didn't look that bad yesterday, but if you think he's going to see that vanilla defense in the regular season, that he saw yesterday, than you're fooling yourself. See Browning Nagle remember how good he looked in preseason too, only to get exposed big time when defenses became more complicated.

I guarantee Bryce Petty the next game is going to struggle big time. ( he been struggling all training camp) and I think yesterday success was more the Falcons backups on defense aren't that good.,

if this guy thinks he's not ready then ok i'm convinced.....lets start petty .

FItz's last drive yesterday with the #1 offense was a touchdown drive and he indeed completed a 2 point conversion. 

No response to Petty's fumble and should be interception to a guy he didn't even see? Or FItz's stats last year that a Jet Qb hasn't put up in forever?

Read my previous post I stand corrected but Fitz 0 TDs Ivory 33 yard run 

Petty has a stronger arm and runs alot better than Fitz a veteran who sucks rookies make mistakes 

Read my previous post I stand corrected but Fitz 0 TDs Ivory 33 yard run 

Petty has a stronger arm and runs alot better than Fitz a veteran who sucks rookies make mistakes 

So still no response?

Just saw your edit now. 

Aren't you tired of rookie mistakes?? Why do you want to ruin this kid

i think he's saying that he didnt throw a td pass. not that the drive didnt end in a td

i think he's saying that he didnt throw a td pass. not that the drive didnt end in a td

His initial post said he led the jets to only 3 points in two weeks. Which isn't true. If you're counting field goals you aren't going to count drives that end in touchdowns?

His initial post said he led the jets to only 3 points in two weeks. Which isn't true. If you're counting field goals you aren't going to count drives that end in touchdowns?

i didnt see it. either way he was shortchanging him a bit. although the td wasnt against the entire starting defense at least it served to give them some time to get into rhythm

if this guy thinks he's not ready then ok i'm convinced.....lets start petty .

I want to win my Jersey , but not that easy. I love for the Jets to start Petty. Let's see if Todd Bowles knows as little football , as some of his fan base does.( with the first pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the New York Jets select- guaranteed to happen they start Petty)

Petty won't be starting Qb for the Jets for at least two years , or he might never start for them.( so much he has to learn that there is zero chance he's even an option this year.

Jets have two weak arm Qb's( Fitzpatrick, and Flynn) and two strong arm Qb's ( Smith, and Petty) that have problems with the mental part of the game. Choose your own poison. Neither one ideal situation, but you can try to work around a weak arm Qb, but you can't do anything about a Qb lacking mental capacity to be successful on the NFL level.

i didnt see it. either way he was shortchanging him a bit. although the td wasnt against the entire starting defense at least it served to give them some time to get into rhythm

It's progress and a step in the right direction for a starting unit that has had less than 2 weeks to gel with their new QB. 

Geno got punched 10 days ago from yesterday. How much practice time has Fitzpatrick really gotten? Nice to see their last drive ended in a TD and successful 2 point conversion. Take that progression into another week of practice and to the dress rehearsal that is the 3rd preseason game. 

It's progress and a step in the right direction for a starting unit that has had less than 2 weeks to gel with their new QB. 

Geno got punched 10 days ago from yesterday. How much practice time has Fitzpatrick really gotten? Nice to see their last drive ended in a TD and successful 2 point conversion. Take that progression into another week of practice and to the dress rehearsal that is the 3rd preseason game. 

Ok fair enough lets see what Fitzpatrick does against the Giants one of the worst defenses  in the NFL cant wait.........

I want to win my Jersey , but not that easy. I love for the Jets to start Petty. Let's see if Todd Bowles knows as little football , as some of his fan base does.( with the first pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the New York Jets select- guaranteed to happen they start Petty)

Petty won't be starting Qb for the Jets for at least two years , or he might never start for them.( so much he has to learn that there is zero chance he's even an option this year.

Jets have two weak arm Qb's( Fitzpatrick, and Flynn) and two strong arm Qb's ( Smith, and Petty) that have problems with the mental part of the game. Choose your own poison. Neither one ideal situation, but you can try to work around a weak arm Qb, but you can't do anything about a Qb lacking mental capacity to be successful on the NFL level.

My money is on the 49ers getting the first pick next year, they lost ALOT of talent this offseason.

don't know why anyone wouldn't want to see Petty play with the starters against a #1 defense.  kid looked pretty awesome last night.  whats going to happen, he doesn't play well and stays as the #3?

He could lose any bit of confidence he has gained and never develop into the QB he could have been would be worst case scenario I think. As much as I want to see more of him after last nights game I think it needs to be in small doses and let him learn and build himself up. Fitz is boring to watch but he should be able to play well enough to keep us competitive this season and who knows what will happen when/if Geno comes back or when/if Flynn gets some snaps.

Your whole team blows and you run to a jet board after they play to lecture us about our backup QB.

Still say I'm crazy that Jet secondary is a huge question mark. ( even if Revis was any where near the player he once was- that isn't enough). let's see Cromartie has struggle all training camp, Mcdougle looks like he will be working at McDonald's real soon. buster Skrine - liability against big Wr's.

Calvin Pryor while didn't play yesterday hasn't looked any better at Ss, than he did at Fs. Marcus Gilchrist wasn't that good in coverage at Ss,( with Chargers) ,but should do better at Fs in coverage.( does that sound believable).

Great secondaries are built through the draft, not freeagency.

He could lose any bit of confidence he has gained and never develop into the QB he could have been would be worst case scenario I think. As much as I want to see more of him after last nights game I think it needs to be in small doses and let him learn and build himself up. Fitz is boring to watch but he should be able to play well enough to keep us competitive this season and who knows what will happen when/if Geno comes back or when/if Flynn gets some snaps.

Fitz sucks thats why he's boring no brainer why he's been with so many teams in his short career.  Petty is exciting to watch strong armed kid who can not do any worse than Fitz. This is the NFL either come to play or stay the hell home. 

Still say I'm crazy that Jet secondary is a huge question mark. ( even if Revis was any where near the player he once was- that isn't enough). let's see Cromartie has struggle all training camp, Mcdougle looks like he will be working at McDonald's real soon. buster Skrine - liability against big Wr's.

Calvin Pryor while didn't play yesterday hasn't looked any better at Ss, than he did at Fs. Marcus Gilchrist wasn't that good in coverage at Ss,( with Chargers) ,but should do better at Fs in coverage.( does that sound believable).

And still every unit is better than what's on your team. Especially the secondary.

What is funny is a Raider fan preaching the merits of the draft. Now that's rich

I think they've played poorly early on here in preseason but wouldn't consider them a " huge question mark" These guys when healthy have proven track records, when speaking of Revis and Cro. Pryor scares me, true. Skrine will be playing nickel, not too many big slot recievers, he plays with a lot of energy and is good at pass deflections and causing some turnovers which we need. Still don't know too much about Gilly, I'll have to watch some more tape on him.

Last night against Atlanta it almost looked like some of the backups were outperforming the starters, Some players I think should get a chance in the starting rotation next week are Marcus Williams replacing Cromartie, Cro is talented but has been playing much slower than he has in the past (he should be ahead of the curve on the defensive plays as he played last season under Bowels, Williams has been playing very well throughout the preseason and I wouldn't mind seeing how he looks paired up with Revis against opposing starters. I would like to see how Kerley looks in the slot with Marshal and Decker in on the sides, Enunwa and Evans haven't really done much in the preseason to hold onto a starting position in my opinion and having Kerley out there with the starters might help Fitz a bit. (wouldn't mind seeing Posey get his hands wet in the starting rotation either, he had a nice TD reception last night). Rontez Miles had a great game against the Falcons and I think they should rotate between him and Pryor in week 3 that way they are giving Pryor a chance to step up and Miles experience with the first team incase things don't work out.

Thoughts?

I would like to see Quinton Coples back on the line playing DE/DT as he should. This linebacker experiment has run its course 2 years ago. 

Fitz sucks thats why he's boring no brainer why he's been with so many teams in his short career.  Petty is exciting to watch strong armed kid who can not do any worse than Fitz. This is the NFL either come to play or stay the hell home. 

His short 10 year and counting career...yes he has been part of many teams but that is because they trust him to not make turnovers, he is a safe QB which is rare in the NFL. Think about how many QBs actually stick around for 10+ years it really isn't many and the ones that do there is a reason for it.

I would like to see Quinton Coples back on the like playing DE/DT as he should. This linebacker experiment has run its course 2 years ago. 

Yea I will agree with you on that also, all the LBs we picked up this off season you gotta figure one of them can step up. The bright side though is we should be able to keep Couples for cheap if we decide we even want to. He also might have some trade value if they decide they don't want him.

His short 10 year and counting career...yes he has been part of many teams but that is because they trust him to not make turnovers, he is a safe QB which is rare in the NFL. Think about how many QBs actually stick around for 10+ years it really isn't many and the ones that do there is a reason for it.

We need to win football games. 

We need to win football games. 

When you have a good defense your Quarterback doesn't need to win football games they just cant lose them. If I had my way Geno would be at QB right now but he is hurt and I think Petty should be properly developed so we can use him in the future. Though I am no Flynn fan I am looking forward to seeing him get some snaps maybe he could outperform Fitz and make you happy?

if kerely is healthy he should be starting slot. if jace is healthy he should be in for cumby. agree with coples back on the line. rontez at safety instead of pryor. id like to see hakim, arenas, and graham get some time at kick returns. areneas starting at punt returns instead of kerley. mauldin and lattimore some time with the starters

Agree Coples hasn't looked that good wither so far.

Yeah Colples seems scary lost, even worse than last year. I said Mauldin for Pace based on realistic, optimistic projection on age, contracts etc....but the Pace & Coples OLB combo right now looks horrid so far.

I can't think of two slower starting OLB in the NFL. And They're slow on everything not just speed but reacting etc too. And they've both played 'soft' too so far.

Not trying to overdramatize, it's only preseason but that's stuck out most to me as a, oh sh*t, viewing.

I really think he's going to be a player. But from what I saw last night he's not ready. He's very quick but I think he had a very tough time last night maintaining the edge on running plays. Good offenses would just keep running at him. Pace is definitely slower and isn't going to make alot of big plays anymore but he's more steady

I'd honestly rather have Mauldin's speed and energy on the field with the mistakes than Pace who looks like he can barely bend anymore.

Mcdougle has looked poor, but he hasn't played much if any football over the past 2 years. It's gonna take some time for him.

I was just thinking earlier I feel like McDougle looked better last pre season than he does so far this year but it is a different playbook and it might take him a bit of time to figure things out.

if kerely is healthy he should be starting slot. if jace is healthy he should be in for cumby. agree with coples back on the line. rontez at safety instead of pryor. id like to see hakim, arenas, and graham get some time at kick returns. areneas starting at punt returns instead of kerley. mauldin and lattimore some time with the starters

Almost forgot about Arenas he had one amazing play on the line last night preventing a touchdown pass.

Archived