Jets' Leonard Williams compared to Richard Seymour

BurnleyJet

The year we took Geno in the 2nd round, I did a historic recap of how we've used 2nd rounders going back 10-15 years. I used it to convince myself that we should be happy if he's even on the roster after 3 years, let along a pick that contributes. 

I threw up in my mouth.

Its pretty ugly

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about when we took a kicker (Nugent) ?

A monkey with a dart board could have picked better 2nd rounders than our staff. Scary & it's indicative of why we rarely challenge for the division. Have to say I really like the Mac & Bowles combo. Gives me renewed faith. 

I look at Williams and I see Roger Duffy and Al Atkinson playing defense LOL (#62)

Seriously? Williams was dominated playing against the 1's and looked like a world beater against the 2's and 3's. Still in all, he looks like a solid, if not above average player.

Dominated is a little exaggerated I'd say. Wait until he gets to play with Mo & Sheldon. Hes a rookie that did more in last nights preseason game than Vernon Gholston did in his entire NY Jet career!

People are going to look back on the 2015 draft & say "how in the hell did he fall to the Jets @ 6?". Could you imagine if Smith turned into our Wesley Walker & Petty turns out to be our QB of the future?

Mauldin is already showing some good stuff & tremendous hustle. Could be a crazy good draft that makes up for Idziks gaffes.

How about when we took a kicker (Nugent) ?

A monkey with a dart board could have picked better 2nd rounders than our staff. Scary & it's indicative of why we rarely challenge for the division. Have to say I really like the Mac & Bowles combo. Gives me renewed faith. 

This has been my feeling for years and why I felt that the Jets wouldn't have long term success until we had competent management...  Which I too now feel we do :)

Hill, Vlad, Justin Miller, Nugent, McGraw, Dorian Boose, Rick Terry, Alex Van Dyke, Matt O'Dwyer, Ryan Yarborough, Colman Rudolph, Kurt Barber, Browning Nagle and Reggie Rembert.  That only takes us to 1990.  It was worse earier.  This list is so bad that the best of the group is a kicker.

Mauldin%202.gif

Whatever issues we had via the LB spot in terms of "speed" has greatly diminished with Mauldin. This guy is a freak. All the attention was on Williams after the game, but Mauldin had himself just as good a night. 

And he should be a reminder to all 40 speed is different than football speed.  He plays a lot faster than his 40 time 

Miles%201.gif

Great fumble recovery by Miles, but look where McDougle comes from in order to make the key block on that TD run. 

While it's only preseason, it was cool to see the Jets make some key turnovers in that game. We really struggled with that in the past couple of seasons. 

Mauldin%202.gif

Whatever issues we had via the LB spot in terms of "speed" has greatly diminished with Mauldin. This guy is a freak. All the attention was on Williams after the game, but Mauldin had himself just as good a night. 

I would start Mauldin and put Coples in the D-line rotation.  Btw its amazing that we finally have a gm that knows how to draft.

Archived