What I've seen in Pre-Season so far

Smashmouth

In Rex's defense he put so much pressure on the corners in tight man coverage they had no chance to scan the field and get Int's they had to focus on their man, not the QB, making it very difficult to get int's... In a zone defense players are responsible for an area of the field and can jump more routes and keep their eyes on both the receiver and the QB which will lead to more turnovers I have no doubt about that. There is a reason why Rex's defense did not create turnovers and I'm pretty sure what I just described was it.

Playing against a zone D and a fierce pass rush is every QB's nightmare and I think we are going to be just that.

There is some truth to this, but Bowles doesn't play that much zone either.  If he did they made a stupid move spending on these corners, Cromartie in particular.

There is some truth to this, but Bowles doesn't play that much zone either.  If he did they made a stupid move spending on these corners, Cromartie in particular.

I guess it depends on how many variables Bowles plans to use in his defense. I'm sure at times he's going use Revis to shut down the elite receivers but then again Revis in a zone may be an absolute monster with INT's should be interesting to see what Bowles puts out there in different situations

I agree Fitz just can not make the deep throws so we will see Geno for sure at some time this year. I would put Bryce against the Giants ones to see how he can handle the pressure. The O line can run block we need to see good pass blocking without penalties. We need to see some great TE play from our TE they have been non productive all pre season It's time to see our CB shut down the Giants WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived