Forum Upgrade Complete

Today, for the second time, I quoted a post then decided against responding.  When I went back to that same thread to respond to someone else, my original quote was there.  

With the old system, you could cancel a quote/response.  Does the new system have a similar function?  I can't find it.

Thanks.

That is actually a bug. It will be fixed in version 4.1, hopefully we can upgrade in like 2 or 3 weeks.

In the meantime, just click Source, erase everything that appears and then click Source again. That should reset it.

We will get it fixed as soon as possible. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

After spending some time with the new format, there were a few things I wanted to ask about. In the grand scheme of things, they're relatively minor. 

1. Most of the time when I'm posting, I'm spamming the 100k thread. I noticed that when someone else adds a reply in there while I have the thread open, their posts don't show up, even after I post again. To see new replies, I have to refresh the page; they used to just come up automatically--or at the very worst I'd get a notification that said "1 new reply added" and an option to click and see it. 

2. Is there a way to get a quick navigation menu to jump between forums again? I don't have one anymore, unless I'm missing it. 

3. Back in the olden times, each new reply in a thread was numbered in the upper-right corner (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) which was useful for tracking post counts in the 100k thread. Can we get that back? 

Anyway, like I said; all relatively minor stuff, I just wanted to ask (and admittedly I haven't sifted through all 12 pages for answers--some of this may have been addressed already). Thanks for all the hard work. 

• Upvote 1

After spending some time with the new format, there were a few things I wanted to ask about. In the grand scheme of things, they're relatively minor. 

1. Most of the time when I'm posting, I'm spamming the 100k thread. I noticed that when someone else adds a reply in there while I have the thread open, their posts don't show up, even after I post again. To see new replies, I have to refresh the page; they used to just come up automatically--or at the very worst I'd get a notification that said "1 new reply added" and an option to click and see it. 

2. Is there a way to get a quick navigation menu to jump between forums again? I don't have one anymore, unless I'm missing it. 

3. Back in the olden times, each new reply in a thread was numbered in the upper-right corner (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) which was useful for tracking post counts in the 100k thread. Can we get that back? 

Anyway, like I said; all relatively minor stuff, I just wanted to ask (and admittedly I haven't sifted through all 12 pages for answers--some of this may have been addressed already). Thanks for all the hard work. 

Get that thread to 100k by the end of this week and we will talk.

Just kidding.

I don't have answers to these right now #1 should be working and #2 I have to look into....let me do a little more research and I will respond with a better reply. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Thanks everyone, we are back online now. The forum upgrade is complete. There are a lot of new features, please check things out and let us know what you think. One of our favorite new features is the @ reply. A nice way to let someone else know about a topic or a post.

@GreenBeans

Just type the @ symbol and then start typing the members name....it should appear and then you can click the name.   We will be setting things up and we are running a reindex so things could be off over the next 24 hours while everything rebuilds. But your feedback is appreciated.

Please post detailed feedback in this thread. Thanks.

Don't know if this was asked and answered already... But on the old board, you could click on an arrow by someone's quote and be taken to the original post.  I liked this feature.  As evidenced here, sometimes I don't read the entire thread, but like to backtrack if I see something interesting, that feature allowed this to happen.  Can we get that back?

EDIT: I see it now... It doesn't show up unless you scroll over it, but it works.  I'll show myself out.

Edited by gEYno

Don't know if this was asked and answered already... But on the old board, you could click on an arrow by someone's quote and be taken to the original post.  I liked this feature.  As evidenced here, sometimes I don't read the entire thread, but like to backtrack if I see something interesting, that feature allowed this to happen.  Can we get that back?

EDIT: I see it now... It doesn't show up unless you scroll over it, but it works.  I'll show myself out.

Thanks!