Air Raid Siren Issue

munchmemory

Hi everybody.  This is my first thread starter so sorry if this issue has already come up.  

Personally, I find the sounding the air raid siren during games a bit lame, especially when we're getting killed. Also, historically, hearing that meant to take cover or hide.  Why promote that mentality?  Wouldn't we want them to be aggressive, not passive?

Since we are the "Jets", I thought it would be more appropriate to blast the roar of a jet taking off.  

It's only pre-season so we can waste a little time discussing (if you're into it) frivolous topics such as this.  Thanks.

I could see them start to incorporate some other things as the siren is starting to get worn out. Then again, maybe if we won some football games and played really well the siren would pump the fan base and team up again. 

Agree fans at the games seem lame and uninterested in whats going on.  

I

The siren is awesome in the right moment.. Just a lack of moments lately

Yup, I agree. When the defense is coming in and needs a big stop in the 4th quarter to close out the game, or they take over after an INT at their own 40, that's the right time for the siren. The fact they play it every the defense takes the field waters it down. 

I think the other team is supposed to take cover and hide not us :P

lol I know, but for idiots like me, it's still a bit confusing.  It also bothers me that we are down by two TDs and that siren is supposed to instill fear in the other team.

I could see them start to incorporate some other things as the siren is starting to get worn out. Then again, maybe if we won some football games and played really well the siren would pump the fan base and team up again. 

Great point.

they should save it for when the offense completes a long pass, like as in "look out here comes the bomb"

but who cares, the team is named after commercial passenger jets, so lets just be happy about the flight crew when they wear knee high 60's style white boots

^ Yeah, you're right, JN.  Now I've wasted valuable sever space for this POS thread.

tumblr_ll9n6po4pR1qb7eqw.gif

Why?  Youre not the first whos asked, wont be the last

I like the stuff they do to get the crowd going, unfortunately too many need it

Why?  Youre not the first whos asked, wont be the last

I like the stuff they do to get the crowd going, unfortunately too many need it

preach3.gif

When I went to games, I never stopped getting into the game.  Even if we were getting blown out, I never left before the final gun.

preach3.gif

When I went to games, I never stopped getting into the game.  Even if we were getting blown out, I never left before the final gun.

My friends, my family, my sons, whoever I took always knew we stayed to the final gun.  No matter the score

Or stay late and don't leave with the clowns who have to get home.  I paid for a whole ticket, not 85% of one

For me, this was back in the late 80s/early 90s when I split a season ticket.  ($35/ticket (lol) in the mezzanine at about the 15.) I just loved Sunday morning prep before going out to the Meadowlands. We looked forward to it all week.

We'd always wind up talking to the same people even the game ended.  Didn't hurt that we had smuggled in booze.  I look back on those days nostalgically.

I agree...I do however start to move myself towards the exits at the end sometimes so I can beat the rush, but always see the final tick of the clock in the stadium

I don't know why.  But any sporting event I attended was a big deal.  I love watching pros in any sport play the game.  I never wanted the game to end.

For me, this was back in the late 80s/early 90s when I split a season ticket.  ($35/ticket (lol) in the mezzanine at about the 15.) I just loved Sunday morning prep before going out to the Meadowlands. We looked forward to it all week.

We'd always wind up talking to the same people even the game ended.  Didn't hurt that we had smuggled in booze.  I look back on those days nostalgically.

I don't know why.  But any sporting event I attended was a big deal.  I love watching pros in any sport play the game.  I never wanted the game to end.

Especially football.  Always had the games circled on my calendar, always looked forward to game day

Especially football.  Always had the games circled on my calendar, always looked forward to game day

Jets and the Yanks for me.  Back in the 60s, going to Bat Day at the old stadium for me was the equivalent of a pilgrimage to Mecca.  The few times I went to Shea, my head nearly popped off from the excitement.

Do you think kids today still feel that magic?  

Jets and the Yanks for me.  Back in the 60s, going to Bat Day at the old stadium for me was the equivalent of a pilgrimage to Mecca.  The few times I went to Shea, my head nearly popped off from the excitement.

Do you think kids today still feel that magic?  

I think they do, at least mine do.  We're just used to it and its not the same.

I love my Jets seasons more than anything but also got a similar feeling with my Ranger STs.  But still nothing is like football, each game means so much, has so much importance you live and die every sunday

I think they do, at least mine do.  We're just used to it and its not the same.

I love my Jets seasons more than anything but also got a similar feeling with my Ranger STs.  But still nothing is like football, each game means so much, has so much importance you live and die every sunday

Yeah, unfortunately I turned my kids into raving Jet fans, too.  lol  My son is starting to exhibit some of the same screaming madness that he's watched me exhibit over the years.  Once he splinters a chair/coffee table, I'll know he's fully fledged.

You're absolutely right about the immediacy of the football season.  You only get so many shots.

Archived