Belichick takes shot at Jets 2014 draft/Idzik

AFCEastFan

Big hits win Championships, oh and he plays like a Jet whatever the **** that mantra meant 

On the evaluation on Pryor…

REX RYAN: I think John (Idzik) had told me about Calvin during the year. He said, "Hey, I just saw a guy that you're going to absolutely love." The first series of a game, he chases a guy down for a hit for a loss. Then he gets the knock out hit on a running back. He knocks the guy cold and then he has the one-handed interception against Central Florida, all in one series. I was like, 'That was a pretty good start,' I think when I watched it. The thing that I'm excited about is, John hits it on the head, this young man plays like a Jet. We pride ourselves in being a physical football team and he fits that profile. This young man is an enforcer. You see how some of those kind of plays and hits and everything else, how it can impact the game. All you have to do is look at the Super Bowl and the play of (Seattle Seahawks SS Kam) Chancellor back there, and (FS) Earl Thomas. It's how we want to play defense and I think this young man is going to step in and fit right in with the guys that we already have.

So much sadness in this quote. I mean, christ. 

if you think this is a shot at the jets you need to step away from the keyboard for a month and get some fresh air, lol

It absolutely was a shot at the Jets!  Brandin Cooks should have been a NO-BRAINER for the Jets.  Apparently, Belicheat thought so too.  Except that Idziot does not have a brain and instead took a safety who can't cover or tackle. 

Everyone who disagreed with me that Cooks was a slightly smaller version of Marvin Harrison can line up and "KMA."  Both cheeks...

It absolutely was a shot at the Jets!  Brandin Cooks should have been a NO-BRAINER for the Jets.  Apparently, Belicheat thought so too.  Except that Idziot does not have a brain and instead took a safety who can't cover or tackle. 

Everyone who disagreed with me that Cooks was a slightly smaller version of Marvin Harrison can line up and "KMA."  Both cheeks...

he was saying the player is dangerous is all

if you want to split hairs he was there for miami as well.   

you listen to to much sports radio, lol

Big hits win Championships, oh and he plays like a Jet whatever the **** that mantra meant 

On the evaluation on Pryor…

REX RYAN: I think John (Idzik) had told me about Calvin during the year. He said, "Hey, I just saw a guy that you're going to absolutely love." The first series of a game, he chases a guy down for a hit for a loss. Then he gets the knock out hit on a running back. He knocks the guy cold and then he has the one-handed interception against Central Florida, all in one series. I was like, 'That was a pretty good start,' I think when I watched it. The thing that I'm excited about is, John hits it on the head, this young man plays like a Jet. We pride ourselves in being a physical football team and he fits that profile. This young man is an enforcer. You see how some of those kind of plays and hits and everything else, how it can impact the game. All you have to do is look at the Super Bowl and the play of (Seattle Seahawks SS Kam) Chancellor back there, and (FS) Earl Thomas. It's how we want to play defense and I think this young man is going to step in and fit right in with the guys that we already have.

Lost is the jibberish sales-pitch is that he 1.) puts the "find" on Idzik, so that even if giving his stamp of approval on the player, he can blame Idzik for bringing him to him as an option, 2.) watched about 4-5 plays and made a decision.

Same as we heard from him with calls he made on guys like Holmes and Plaxico. 30 seconds of tape, then a sales-pitch.

Lost is the jibberish sales-pitch is that he 1.) puts the "find" on Idzik, so that even if giving his stamp of approval on the player, he can blame Idzik for bringing him to him as an option, 2.) watched about 4-5 plays and made a decision.

Same as we heard from him with calls he made on guys like Holmes and Plaxico. 30 seconds of tape, then a sales-pitch.

3. Laying vicious hits on college kids isn't the same as hitting fully developed pros.

But to Rex that automatically equates to playing "like a Jet".

Archived